Dick Van Dyke Pushed Away to Shore by Dolphins When He Drifted Out to Sea
"Mary Poppins" star Dick Van Dyke has a school of dolphins to thank for saving his life after he fell asleep on a surfboard and drifted out to sea. The movie veteran was a keen long-boarder in his youth, but one exhausting day at the beach made him think twice about his water hobby.
The "Chitty Chitty Bang Bang star" recalls, "I woke up out of sight of land... and I started paddling with the swells and I started seeing fins swimming around me and I thought, 'I'm dead!' They turned out to be porpoises (and) they pushed me all the way to shore. I'm not kidding."
Professionally, Dick Van Dyke has starred in several films such as "What a Way to Go!", "Fitzwilly", "The Art of Love", "Some Kind of a Nut" and "Never a Dull Moment".
- Taylor Kinney Gives Lady GaGa 'Ultimatum' as She's Still Undecided About Wedding Details
- Kim Kardashian Steals the Show at Scott Disick's Birthday Party With Her Barely-There Lace Dress
- Proud Papa Chris Brown Shares Cute Pictures of Royalty to Celebrate Her Birthday
- Amanda Holden Poses Naked for Charity. See the Racy Pic!
- Bruno Mars Is Readying a New Album for November
- Mariah Carey's Diva Antics: She Has Her Glam Team Work on Her While She Sleeps
- Kim Kardashian Kicks Kanye West Out of Their Bel Air House. Why?
- Watch Andrew Lincoln and Norman Reedus Envision Lighter 'Walking Dead' in NBC's Red Nose Day Special