Dick Van Dyke Pushed Away to Shore by Dolphins When He Drifted Out to Sea
"Mary Poppins" star Dick Van Dyke has a school of dolphins to thank for saving his life after he fell asleep on a surfboard and drifted out to sea. The movie veteran was a keen long-boarder in his youth, but one exhausting day at the beach made him think twice about his water hobby.
The "Chitty Chitty Bang Bang star" recalls, "I woke up out of sight of land... and I started paddling with the swells and I started seeing fins swimming around me and I thought, 'I'm dead!' They turned out to be porpoises (and) they pushed me all the way to shore. I'm not kidding."
Professionally, Dick Van Dyke has starred in several films such as "What a Way to Go!", "Fitzwilly", "The Art of Love", "Some Kind of a Nut" and "Never a Dull Moment".
- Kim Kardashian Files Complaint Against Vitalii Sediuk Over Attempted Ambush
- Pregnant Janet Jackson Debuts Burgeoning Bump While Shopping for Baby in London
- Nathan Keyes to Play Justin Timberlake in Lifetime's Britney Spears Biopic
- Brad Pitt Voluntarily Tested for Drug and Alcohol Amid Child Abuse Allegation
- 'SNL' Finds Its New Donald Trump in Alec Baldwin After Taran Killam's Exit
- Madonna Shares Nude Pic as She Joins Katy Perry to Vote Naked
- The Weeknd Kills His Old Self in 'Starboy' Music Video
- Miley Cyrus Calls Out Disney, Says She Was Underpaid on 'Hannah Montana'