Dick Van Dyke Pushed Away to Shore by Dolphins When He Drifted Out to Sea
"Mary Poppins" star Dick Van Dyke has a school of dolphins to thank for saving his life after he fell asleep on a surfboard and drifted out to sea. The movie veteran was a keen long-boarder in his youth, but one exhausting day at the beach made him think twice about his water hobby.
The "Chitty Chitty Bang Bang star" recalls, "I woke up out of sight of land... and I started paddling with the swells and I started seeing fins swimming around me and I thought, 'I'm dead!' They turned out to be porpoises (and) they pushed me all the way to shore. I'm not kidding."
Professionally, Dick Van Dyke has starred in several films such as "What a Way to Go!", "Fitzwilly", "The Art of Love", "Some Kind of a Nut" and "Never a Dull Moment".
- Kourtney Kardashian on Reconciling With Scott Disick: 'I'm So Not There Yet'
- Listen to Preview of Carly Rae Jepsen's 'E.Mo.Tion: Side B' Tracks
- Here's Your First Look at Kristin Chenoweth's Easter on 'American Gods'
- Prince's Paisley Park Home Will Be Open for Public in October
- Terminally Ill Fan Got Special Screening of 'Rogue One: A Star Wars Story' Before Passing
- Here's What Blac Chyna Thinks of Kylie Jenner Playing Step Mom to King Cairo
- 'Mr. Robot' 2.09 Preview: It's Time to Go Home
- Lady GaGa's New Song 'Perfect Illusion' Reportedly due Out Next Week