Dick Van Dyke Pushed Away to Shore by Dolphins When He Drifted Out to Sea
"Mary Poppins" star Dick Van Dyke has a school of dolphins to thank for saving his life after he fell asleep on a surfboard and drifted out to sea. The movie veteran was a keen long-boarder in his youth, but one exhausting day at the beach made him think twice about his water hobby.
The "Chitty Chitty Bang Bang star" recalls, "I woke up out of sight of land... and I started paddling with the swells and I started seeing fins swimming around me and I thought, 'I'm dead!' They turned out to be porpoises (and) they pushed me all the way to shore. I'm not kidding."
Professionally, Dick Van Dyke has starred in several films such as "What a Way to Go!", "Fitzwilly", "The Art of Love", "Some Kind of a Nut" and "Never a Dull Moment".
- Oscar Accountants Issue an Apology Over Best Picture Blunder
- Halle Berry Rocks Big Curly Locks at the Academy Awards
- 'Batman v Superman', 'Hillary's America' Are Top Losers at Razzie Awards
- Nicole Kidman Passionately Kisses Keith Urban as He Naughtily Grabs Her Bum on Oscars' Red Carpet
- 'The Walking Dead' 7.12 Sneak Peeks: More Guns, More People, More Time
- President Donald Trump to Skip White House Correspondents' Dinner Following Tension With Press
- 'Cars 3' New Extended Teaser Introduces the Next Generation of Racers
- Lea Michele Gets Naked in Bed With a Guy Before Oscars