Dick Van Dyke Pushed Away to Shore by Dolphins When He Drifted Out to Sea
"Mary Poppins" star Dick Van Dyke has a school of dolphins to thank for saving his life after he fell asleep on a surfboard and drifted out to sea. The movie veteran was a keen long-boarder in his youth, but one exhausting day at the beach made him think twice about his water hobby.
The "Chitty Chitty Bang Bang star" recalls, "I woke up out of sight of land... and I started paddling with the swells and I started seeing fins swimming around me and I thought, 'I'm dead!' They turned out to be porpoises (and) they pushed me all the way to shore. I'm not kidding."
Professionally, Dick Van Dyke has starred in several films such as "What a Way to Go!", "Fitzwilly", "The Art of Love", "Some Kind of a Nut" and "Never a Dull Moment".
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie