U2 Among Honored Acts at Billboard Touring Awards
Rock acts including U2, Metallica and AC/DC were the toast of the Billboard Touring Awards in New York on Thursday, November 4, taking the night's top prizes. The Irish band's "360 Degree" trek was named Top Tour and Top Draw at the ceremony, while AC/DC's show at the ANZ Stadium in Sydney, Australia in February took the Top Boxscore honor.
Metallica landed the Eventful Fans' Choice, while Canadian rockers Rush were crowned Legend of Live. Pop acts were also honored at the prize-giving, with Lady GaGa receiving the Breakthrough trophy, while the "Poker Face" hitmaker's 'Monster Ball' tour scored an award for Concert Marketing & Promotion.
Britain's Download Festival was named Top Festival, while London's O2 Arena was picked out as Top Arena.
- Kendall Jenner Flashes Nipples in Sheer Bra for Love Magazine
- Kanye West in Talks to Join Revival of 'American Idol'
- Midlife Crisis? Leonardo DiCaprio Will Do Anything to Stay Young
- Harry Styles Is 'Terrified' His Debut Solo Single Will Not Sell
- Kim Kardashian Drops Baby Bombshell to Save 'KUWTK' Ratings
- James Blunt Sings Touching New Song at Carrie Fisher and Debbie Reynolds' Memorial
- 'Orange Is the New Black' Star Samira Wiley Marries the Show's Writer Lauren Morelli
- 'Once Upon a Time' 6.15 Preview: Aladdin and Jasmine Meet Ariel in 'A Wondrous Place'