James Cameron Gives Up 'Cleopatra'
James Cameron has confirmed he's been ruled out as director of the upcoming "Cleopatra" movie. The "Avatar" filmmaker recently confirmed he had been in talks with bosses at Sony to bring the story of the Egyptian queen to the big screen, and he touted Angelina Jolie as his favorite to take the leading role.
But Cameron has now admitted he won't be stepping behind the camera to direct the upcoming epic, amid rumors he will be too busy directing two more "Avatar" films. He tells Fox News, "I am not doing Cleopatra. That has been decided."
Meanwhile, it is still a question mark whether Jolie would sign up. Back in October, Cameron said that the idea of Jolie as the queen of Egypt would be hot. He said, "I mean, Angelina Jolie and Cleopatra? To me, that's like a slam dunk. Whether I wind up doing it or not, I think it's going to be a great project."
- Jessica Williams Is Leaving 'The Daily Show' to Headline New Comedy Series
- Pregnant Alanis Morissette Completely Naked in This Beautiful Underwater Photo
- Video: Lady GaGa and Caitlyn Jenner Among 49 Stars Honoring Orlando Shooting Victims
- Justin Timberlake Is One Grumpy Doll in First 'Trolls' Trailer
- Stephanie March Reveals Botched Boob Job Amid 2014 Bobby Flay Marriage Trouble
- Peta Murgatroyd Confirms She's Pregnant With Maksim Chmerkovskiy's Baby
- Drew Barrymore in Talks to Host New Talk Show
- Kanye West Signs New Partnership With Adidas to Expand Yeezy Brand