James Cameron Gives Up 'Cleopatra'
James Cameron has confirmed he's been ruled out as director of the upcoming "Cleopatra" movie. The "Avatar" filmmaker recently confirmed he had been in talks with bosses at Sony to bring the story of the Egyptian queen to the big screen, and he touted Angelina Jolie as his favorite to take the leading role.
But Cameron has now admitted he won't be stepping behind the camera to direct the upcoming epic, amid rumors he will be too busy directing two more "Avatar" films. He tells Fox News, "I am not doing Cleopatra. That has been decided."
Meanwhile, it is still a question mark whether Jolie would sign up. Back in October, Cameron said that the idea of Jolie as the queen of Egypt would be hot. He said, "I mean, Angelina Jolie and Cleopatra? To me, that's like a slam dunk. Whether I wind up doing it or not, I think it's going to be a great project."
- Nick Cannon Is Still Close to Ex Mariah Carey but Says They're Not Sleeping Together
- Janet Jackson Is Swaying at Bruno Mars' Concert After Split
- Disney Star Michael Mantenuto Found Dead at 35 of Gunshot Wound
- Caitlyn Jenner Is Livid at Kris Jenner, Says She Barely Gets Money From 'KUWTK'
- Paranoid Travis Scott Fears Kylie Jenner Is Just Using Him to Get Revenge on Tyga
- Park Bom Flaunts Backside in Skimpy Swimsuit
- Watch Fall Out Boy's Bizarre Clip for 'Young and Menace'
- Barack Obama Disses Donald Trump's Tweeting Habit