James Cameron Gives Up 'Cleopatra'
James Cameron has confirmed he's been ruled out as director of the upcoming "Cleopatra" movie. The "Avatar" filmmaker recently confirmed he had been in talks with bosses at Sony to bring the story of the Egyptian queen to the big screen, and he touted Angelina Jolie as his favorite to take the leading role.
But Cameron has now admitted he won't be stepping behind the camera to direct the upcoming epic, amid rumors he will be too busy directing two more "Avatar" films. He tells Fox News, "I am not doing Cleopatra. That has been decided."
Meanwhile, it is still a question mark whether Jolie would sign up. Back in October, Cameron said that the idea of Jolie as the queen of Egypt would be hot. He said, "I mean, Angelina Jolie and Cleopatra? To me, that's like a slam dunk. Whether I wind up doing it or not, I think it's going to be a great project."
- Lady GaGa Hits Recording Studio With BloodPop, Mark Ronson and Kevin Parker
- Derek Hough Confirms He's Back on 'Dancing with the Stars', Cheryl Burke Also Returns
- Ruby Rose Splits From Girlfriend Harley Gusman
- Ariana Grande Kisses Mac Miller and Sits on His Lap at VMAs After-Party
- Justin Bieber Wins 8 Titles in Guinness World Records 2017 Edition
- Pregnant Blac Chyna Poses Completely Naked for Paper Magazine
- Sharon Osbourne Faces Backlash After Undergoing Plastic Surgery for Her Ageless Look
- At Rob Lowe Roast, Ann Coulter Ends Up on the Receiving End of Comics' Jabs