James Cameron Gives Up 'Cleopatra'
James Cameron has confirmed he's been ruled out as director of the upcoming "Cleopatra" movie. The "Avatar" filmmaker recently confirmed he had been in talks with bosses at Sony to bring the story of the Egyptian queen to the big screen, and he touted Angelina Jolie as his favorite to take the leading role.
But Cameron has now admitted he won't be stepping behind the camera to direct the upcoming epic, amid rumors he will be too busy directing two more "Avatar" films. He tells Fox News, "I am not doing Cleopatra. That has been decided."
Meanwhile, it is still a question mark whether Jolie would sign up. Back in October, Cameron said that the idea of Jolie as the queen of Egypt would be hot. He said, "I mean, Angelina Jolie and Cleopatra? To me, that's like a slam dunk. Whether I wind up doing it or not, I think it's going to be a great project."
- Priyanka Chopra Throws Her Hat Into the Ring to Be Female James Bond
- Listen to a Preview of Shawn Mendes' New Song 'Better'
- Elijah Wood Clarifies Comment on Child Sex Abuse in Hollywood, Says It's Misinterpreted
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss Confirms Someone's Getting Married in Season 7
- Anne Hathaway Throws Shade at the Kardashians, Says It's Unintentional
- Eminem Sells Bricks of His Childhood Home for 'Marshall Mathers LP' Anniversary
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Just Say She Was Under the Influence While Filming 'The Hunger Games'?
- Helen Hunt Mistaken for Jodie Foster by Starbucks Barista. Read the Funny Story