James Cameron Gives Up 'Cleopatra'
James Cameron has confirmed he's been ruled out as director of the upcoming "Cleopatra" movie. The "Avatar" filmmaker recently confirmed he had been in talks with bosses at Sony to bring the story of the Egyptian queen to the big screen, and he touted Angelina Jolie as his favorite to take the leading role.
But Cameron has now admitted he won't be stepping behind the camera to direct the upcoming epic, amid rumors he will be too busy directing two more "Avatar" films. He tells Fox News, "I am not doing Cleopatra. That has been decided."
Meanwhile, it is still a question mark whether Jolie would sign up. Back in October, Cameron said that the idea of Jolie as the queen of Egypt would be hot. He said, "I mean, Angelina Jolie and Cleopatra? To me, that's like a slam dunk. Whether I wind up doing it or not, I think it's going to be a great project."
- Kim Kardashian Endorses Hillary Clinton, Shuts Down Rumor That She Votes for Donald Trump
- Angelina Jolie and Her Kids Move Into Rental House Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- Find Out the Gender of Olivia Wilde's Second Child With Jason Sudeikis!
- Orlando Bloom and Malin Akerman Have Steamy Threesome on Netflix's 'Easy'
- Megan Hilty and Brian Gallagher Expecting Their Second Child
- Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors
- Julia Roberts to Play PTA Mom Framed for Drug Possession in True-Story Movie
- Pippa Middleton's Private Photos Stolen After Her iCloud Got Hacked