Jamiroquai's Jay Kay: Lady GaGa Is Nothing More Than Marketing Tool
Jamiroquai frontman Jay Kay has taken aim at pop phenomenon Lady GaGa, dismissing her as a "money-making freak". The "Space Cowboy" hitmaker is well known for his outspoken views, and recently launched a tirade against British pop star Cheryl Cole and Australian singer Dannii Minogue just hours before he performed on U.K. talent show "The X Factor" - on which they are both judges.
And the star didn't hold back when he was asked for his opinion on pop's current first lady GaGa, insisting she is nothing more than a music industry marketing tool. He says, "Lady Gaga is a money-making freak for her label. We (Jamiroquai) are not like that. We do music, not marketing. Lady GaGa is obviously a phenomenon. The world loves a freak. If the record companies see that they can make money with them, they will do anything."
"Don't worry, next time we'll come dressed in asparagus. And with tomatoes too."
- Watch Ed Sheeran Adorably Crash Katy Perry's Interview
- Neil Gaiman's 'American Gods' Finally Has Premiere Date
- 'Their Finest' New Trailer Conveys Warmth Amid WWII
- First Trailer for Netflix's 'Burning Sands' Features Black Fraternity Hazing
- Meghan Trainor Empowers Women on New Song 'I'm a Lady'
- 'Fargo' Murders Santa Claus in First Season 3 Teaser
- Kim Kardashian Suffers Nip Slip in Racy Corset Top
- 'The Walking Dead' Star Slams People Complaining of Racist T-Shirt