Jamiroquai's Jay Kay: Lady GaGa Is Nothing More Than Marketing Tool
Jamiroquai frontman Jay Kay has taken aim at pop phenomenon Lady GaGa, dismissing her as a "money-making freak". The "Space Cowboy" hitmaker is well known for his outspoken views, and recently launched a tirade against British pop star Cheryl Cole and Australian singer Dannii Minogue just hours before he performed on U.K. talent show "The X Factor" - on which they are both judges.
And the star didn't hold back when he was asked for his opinion on pop's current first lady GaGa, insisting she is nothing more than a music industry marketing tool. He says, "Lady Gaga is a money-making freak for her label. We (Jamiroquai) are not like that. We do music, not marketing. Lady GaGa is obviously a phenomenon. The world loves a freak. If the record companies see that they can make money with them, they will do anything."
"Don't worry, next time we'll come dressed in asparagus. And with tomatoes too."
- Gwen Stefani and Blake Shelton Hold Off Marriage: They're Just Happily Dating
- Mariah Carey Enjoying Birthday Beach Getaway With Bryan Tanaka - See the Romantic Pic!
- Maksim Chmerkovskiy Sidelined From 'DWTS' Due to Injury. Watch How He Hurt His Calf
- Kendall Jenner Flashes Nipples in Sheer Bra for Love Magazine
- Kanye West in Talks to Join Revival of 'American Idol'
- Midlife Crisis? Leonardo DiCaprio Will Do Anything to Stay Young
- Harry Styles Is 'Terrified' His Debut Solo Single Will Not Sell
- Kim Kardashian Drops Baby Bombshell to Save 'KUWTK' Ratings