Jamiroquai's Jay Kay: Lady GaGa Is Nothing More Than Marketing Tool
Jamiroquai frontman Jay Kay has taken aim at pop phenomenon Lady GaGa, dismissing her as a "money-making freak". The "Space Cowboy" hitmaker is well known for his outspoken views, and recently launched a tirade against British pop star Cheryl Cole and Australian singer Dannii Minogue just hours before he performed on U.K. talent show "The X Factor" - on which they are both judges.
And the star didn't hold back when he was asked for his opinion on pop's current first lady GaGa, insisting she is nothing more than a music industry marketing tool. He says, "Lady Gaga is a money-making freak for her label. We (Jamiroquai) are not like that. We do music, not marketing. Lady GaGa is obviously a phenomenon. The world loves a freak. If the record companies see that they can make money with them, they will do anything."
"Don't worry, next time we'll come dressed in asparagus. And with tomatoes too."
- These Photos of Jim Carrey and Late Ex Suggest Her Marriage to Estranged Husband Was Fake
- This Picture of Princess Charlotte Snuggling a Bunny at Playdate in Canada Is Just Too Cute
- Here's What Tim Burton Says About Lack of Diversity in 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children'
- Here's What Happens to Kylie Jenner's Number That Rob Kardashian Leaked on Twitter
- First Look at Justice Society of America in 'DC's Legends of Tomorrow' Season 2 Photos
- Tom Cruise Beats the Bad Guys to Death in 'Jack Reacher: Never Go Back' IMAX Trailer
- The Weeknd Releases New Single 'False Alarm'
- Asa Butterfield Is Martian Coming to Earth in New 'Space Between Us' Trailer