Jamiroquai's Jay Kay: Lady GaGa Is Nothing More Than Marketing Tool
Jamiroquai frontman Jay Kay has taken aim at pop phenomenon Lady GaGa, dismissing her as a "money-making freak". The "Space Cowboy" hitmaker is well known for his outspoken views, and recently launched a tirade against British pop star Cheryl Cole and Australian singer Dannii Minogue just hours before he performed on U.K. talent show "The X Factor" - on which they are both judges.
And the star didn't hold back when he was asked for his opinion on pop's current first lady GaGa, insisting she is nothing more than a music industry marketing tool. He says, "Lady Gaga is a money-making freak for her label. We (Jamiroquai) are not like that. We do music, not marketing. Lady GaGa is obviously a phenomenon. The world loves a freak. If the record companies see that they can make money with them, they will do anything."
"Don't worry, next time we'll come dressed in asparagus. And with tomatoes too."
- Video: Lady GaGa and Caitlyn Jenner Among 49 Stars Honoring Orlando Shooting Victims
- Justin Timberlake Is One Grumpy Doll in First 'Trolls' Trailer
- Stephanie March Reveals Botched Boob Job Amid 2014 Bobby Flay Marriage Trouble
- Peta Murgatroyd Confirms She's Pregnant With Maksim Chmerkovskiy's Baby
- Drew Barrymore in Talks to Host New Talk Show
- Kanye West Signs New Partnership With Adidas to Expand Yeezy Brand
- Dennis Quaid's Wife Kimberly Files for Divorce for Second Time
- Chris Brown Rants on Instagram After Falling Out with Manager and Publicist