Jamiroquai's Jay Kay: Lady GaGa Is Nothing More Than Marketing Tool
Jamiroquai frontman Jay Kay has taken aim at pop phenomenon Lady GaGa, dismissing her as a "money-making freak". The "Space Cowboy" hitmaker is well known for his outspoken views, and recently launched a tirade against British pop star Cheryl Cole and Australian singer Dannii Minogue just hours before he performed on U.K. talent show "The X Factor" - on which they are both judges.
And the star didn't hold back when he was asked for his opinion on pop's current first lady GaGa, insisting she is nothing more than a music industry marketing tool. He says, "Lady Gaga is a money-making freak for her label. We (Jamiroquai) are not like that. We do music, not marketing. Lady GaGa is obviously a phenomenon. The world loves a freak. If the record companies see that they can make money with them, they will do anything."
"Don't worry, next time we'll come dressed in asparagus. And with tomatoes too."
- 'The Leftovers' Series Finale Preview: The End Is Here
- Green Power Ranger Depicter Jason David Frank Addresses Assassination Attempt
- Artist of the Week: Halsey
- Kourtney Kardashian Bans Scott Disick From Seeing Their Children Until He Sobers Up
- Prince William and Kate Middleton's Housekeeper Quits as Job Is 'Too Demanding'
- 'The Walking Dead' EP Shares Alleged Season 8 Behind-the-Scenes Video
- Teyana Taylor Previews R-Rated Clip for New Single 'Drippin' Ft. Migos
- Colton Haynes and Fiance Jeff Leatham Get Engaged Again. See Their Matching Rings