Cee-Lo Upset With His Label Bosses
Cee-Lo was devastated after allowing label bosses to scrap songs from his latest album - but he's hoping their ruthless edits will help him sell more records. The "Forget You" hitmaker wrote more than 70 songs for "The Lady Killer" but struggled to decide which tracks to include - so he turned to his label and management team for advice.
Green admits it was difficult to trust in the experts - but he's hoping their opinion will boost his sales. He tells the IrishTimes.com, "I'm disappointed that some songs I really liked didn't make it. I'd say to people 'I like this', but they preferred other songs. It was very difficult and awkward, heartbreaking even. I tried to talk people around, but it didn't work. It's the first time I've ever come across that in my career."
"But I don't know which is worse - that feeling or the feeling when people don't buy your record. When that happens like it happened before, you realize how much of your subconscious is wrapped up in the recording experience. You do something and you hope it pleases everyone, and when that doesn't happen, man, it hurts."
And Green is determined fans will eventually hear all the unused material: "I plan to release the songs which didn't make the cut... here and there on mixtapes. People can collect them all."
More Cee-Lo News
- Nick Jonas Caught Enjoying a Date Night With a Mystery Blonde
- The Next 'X-Men' Sequel May Be Directed by Simon Kinberg
- Jimmy Kimmel Will Try His Best to Keep Matt Damon Off Oscars' Stage
- Prince Harry Plans to Move to the U.S. Once He Marries Meghan Markle
- Ed Sheeran Covers Little Mix's 'Touch' in Radio 1's Live Lounge
- Blonde Justin Bieber Enjoys Sunbathing in Acapulco - See the Pics
- 'Game of Thrones' Actor Alfie Allen to Join 'The Predator'
- Ben Affleck Moves Back in With Jennifer Garner Amid Divorce Rumors