LeAnn Rimes Skipped 'Thank-You' Party Thrown by Shape Magazine
LeAnn Rimes was a noticeable absentee at the Shape magazine party on Thursday, November 4 - the country star stayed home after falling ill. The singer has been embroiled in controversy after editors put her on the cover of the American magazine, then subsequently apologized for their "terrible mistake" following complaints about the spread.
Several readers were furious that Rimes was being saluted despite her affair with actor Eddie Cibrian, which led to the break-up of both their marriages. But Rimes didn't make it to the Los Angeles bash at Trousdale club to celebrate her issue - she was recovering from a bout of influenza.
Her spokesperson tells the New York Post's Page Six, "Unfortunately (Rimes) caught the flu, and under doctor's orders was advised not to travel or go out." Rimes previously told fans she found it "very contradictory" that Shape bosses were throwing her a cocktail reception amid the scandal.
- Josh Gad Recruits Chris Pratt, J.J. Abrams and More to Get 'Star Wars' Spoilers From Daisy Ridley
- Kris Jenner Reveals Whether She Will Marry Corey Gamble
- First Photo of 'The Predator' Cast in Costume Unveiled
- Calvin Harris Teases Collaborative Song With Frank Ocean and Offset
- 'Mission: Impossible 6' Will Feature Ethan Hunt's Emotional Journey, Says Director
- Jennifer Lopez on Drake and Dating Younger Men: 'It Has Nothing to Do With Age'
- 'The Bachelor' Recap: Nick Gets Surprise Visit From Ex Andi Dorfman After Hometown Dates
- Drake Gives a Birthday Shout Out to Rihanna During Concert