Emma Watson Won't Give Up College Experience for Anything
"Harry Potter" star Emma Watson is thoroughly enjoying her time at America's Brown University - because most fellow students have no idea exactly who she is. The young Brit has blended in to the Ivy League college in Rhode Island and insists right now she'd prefer to be there, studying, than on a movie set.
She tells U.S. magazine Parade, "I get some amazing offers to act, and sometimes it's hard to say, 'No, I'm going to stay here and do my homework.' People are like, 'What do you mean she's not available?' This college experience is really important to me, and I won't give it up for anything."
And she is a big fan of life on campus, "My days as a student are structured so differently from being on a movie set, where I had people constantly telling me what to do. When you're filming, someone needs to know where you are every second of the day."
"Here, no one tells me what time I can have lunch, when I can go to the bathroom. It's incredibly empowering and liberating. My friends think I'm crazy because I get so much joy out of really simple pleasures like staying up late talking or deciding to go for a walk."
"The amazing thing is that everyone here is interested in their own lives, so they aren't nosy about mine. I'm used to people being intrusive and gossipy, but I can be anonymous. My best friend at Brown has never seen a 'Harry Potter' movie or read the books, and one guy I dated didn't know anything about the films, much less that I was one of the stars - which I found hilarious."
More Emma Watson News
- Tarek El Moussa Addresses Rumors He Called Estranged Wife Christina a 'Whore'
- George Clooney Writes Touching Tribute to Cousin and 'NCIS: LA' Star Miguel Ferrer Who Dies at 61
- Little Mix Releases Sexy and Colorful Music Video for 'Touch'
- ABC Is Considering 'Black-ish' Spin-Off Starring Yara Shahidi
- Anne Hathaway to Join Rebel Wilson in 'Nasty Women'
- Everyone Loves Chrissy Teigen for Showing Off Her Stretch Marks in New Photo
- Mandy Moore Is Eager to Have Kids 'Sooner Than Later.' Ready to Start a Family?
- Ed Sheeran Wants to Collaborate With Beyonce, Plans Tour in March