Emma Watson Won't Give Up College Experience for Anything
"Harry Potter" star Emma Watson is thoroughly enjoying her time at America's Brown University - because most fellow students have no idea exactly who she is. The young Brit has blended in to the Ivy League college in Rhode Island and insists right now she'd prefer to be there, studying, than on a movie set.
She tells U.S. magazine Parade, "I get some amazing offers to act, and sometimes it's hard to say, 'No, I'm going to stay here and do my homework.' People are like, 'What do you mean she's not available?' This college experience is really important to me, and I won't give it up for anything."
And she is a big fan of life on campus, "My days as a student are structured so differently from being on a movie set, where I had people constantly telling me what to do. When you're filming, someone needs to know where you are every second of the day."
"Here, no one tells me what time I can have lunch, when I can go to the bathroom. It's incredibly empowering and liberating. My friends think I'm crazy because I get so much joy out of really simple pleasures like staying up late talking or deciding to go for a walk."
"The amazing thing is that everyone here is interested in their own lives, so they aren't nosy about mine. I'm used to people being intrusive and gossipy, but I can be anonymous. My best friend at Brown has never seen a 'Harry Potter' movie or read the books, and one guy I dated didn't know anything about the films, much less that I was one of the stars - which I found hilarious."
More Emma Watson News
- Johnny Depp and Javier Bardem Officially Join Tom Cruise in Universal's Monster Film 'Dark Universe'
- Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt Are Ready to Start Co-Parenting Their 6 Kids
- Watch Lana Del Rey Get Cozy With The Weeknd in 'Lust for Life' Video
- Kylie Jenner Is 'Annoyed' That Ariel Winter Keeps Stealing Her Look
- Kris Jenner Wants Her Marriage With Caitlyn to Be Annulled
- The Chainsmokers Hints at Collaboration with BTS
- Super Junior Shows Off Strong Bond After Recent Meet-Up
- Burglar Hits Michael B. Jordan's Home, Walks Off With Cash and Jewelry