Jay-Z Blames Uncle's Murder for Dad's Abandonment
Jay-Z managed to put his bitter feelings towards his estranged dad behind him after realizing the murder of his uncle pushed his dad to drink. The "99 Problems" singer's father, Adnis Reeves, walked out on the family when the star was just 11 years old, and the rapper later let out his anger at the abandonment in his track "Moment of Clarity" following his father's death in 2003.
But in his new book, "Decoded", the star admits that he only recently understood it was the slaying of his father's brother, Ray - whose killer was never brought to justice - which pushed him to lose his grip on his responsibilities. He writes, "My dad swore revenge and became obsessed with hunting down Uncle Ray's killer. The tragedy - compounded by the injustice - drove him crazy, sent him to the bottle, and ultimately became a factor in the unraveling of my parents' marriage."
"By the time he left, he'd already given me a lot of what I'd need to survive."
More Jay-Z News
- Kim Kardashian Endorses Hillary Clinton, Shuts Down Rumor That She Votes for Donald Trump
- Angelina Jolie and Her Kids Move Into Rental House Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- Find Out the Gender of Olivia Wilde's Second Child With Jason Sudeikis!
- Orlando Bloom and Malin Akerman Have Steamy Threesome on Netflix's 'Easy'
- Megan Hilty and Brian Gallagher Expecting Their Second Child
- Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors
- Julia Roberts to Play PTA Mom Framed for Drug Possession in True-Story Movie
- Pippa Middleton's Private Photos Stolen After Her iCloud Got Hacked