Aretha Franklin Cancels Shows as Told by Doctors
Soul singer Aretha Franklin has canceled all concert dates and personal appearances scheduled between now and May 2011 at the request of her doctors. A representative for the Queen of Soul has scrapped everything on her calendar, including a Christmas concert scheduled for December 9 in her adopted Detroit, Michigan.
The news comes just days after Franklin, 68, was released from a Detroit hospital following a brief stay for an undisclosed medical emergency. The representative did not say if the hospital stay is linked to Franklin's decision to cancel her commitments.
There were no further details as WENN went to press.
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal