Aretha Franklin Cancels Shows as Told by Doctors
Soul singer Aretha Franklin has canceled all concert dates and personal appearances scheduled between now and May 2011 at the request of her doctors. A representative for the Queen of Soul has scrapped everything on her calendar, including a Christmas concert scheduled for December 9 in her adopted Detroit, Michigan.
The news comes just days after Franklin, 68, was released from a Detroit hospital following a brief stay for an undisclosed medical emergency. The representative did not say if the hospital stay is linked to Franklin's decision to cancel her commitments.
There were no further details as WENN went to press.
More Aretha Franklin News
- Spidey Faces Off Vulture in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' First Trailer
- AFI Lists 'Game of Thrones', 'The Americans' and 'Better Call Saul' as Best TV Shows of 2016
- Kanye West Debuts Blonde Hair While Making First Public Appearance Since Hospitalization
- 'Logan' Reveals First Look at Richard E. Grant's Zander Rice
- Candace Cameron Exits 'The View' Because of 'Fuller House'
- First Look at Dinozords Unveiled in 'Power Rangers' Poster
- Kobe Bryant and Wife Vanessa Welcome Baby No. 3
- John Cena Enters Battlefield in Intense Trailer for Doug Liman's 'The Wall'