Aretha Franklin Cancels Shows as Told by Doctors
Soul singer Aretha Franklin has canceled all concert dates and personal appearances scheduled between now and May 2011 at the request of her doctors. A representative for the Queen of Soul has scrapped everything on her calendar, including a Christmas concert scheduled for December 9 in her adopted Detroit, Michigan.
The news comes just days after Franklin, 68, was released from a Detroit hospital following a brief stay for an undisclosed medical emergency. The representative did not say if the hospital stay is linked to Franklin's decision to cancel her commitments.
There were no further details as WENN went to press.
More Aretha Franklin News
- Baby Before Marriage? Gwen Stefani and Blake Shelton Reportedly Expecting Their First Child
- 'DWTS' Pair Sharna Burgess and Bonner Bolton Fuel Dating Rumors With Flirty Night Out
- Kevin Hart Creates Dimwitted Superhero in First Trailer for 'Captain Underpants'
- Drake Getting Sade's Face Tattooed on His Rib Amid Dating Rumors
- Wiz Khalifa and Juicy J's New Music Video for 'Cell Ready' Is Smoking Hot
- Inside Celine Dion's Diva Behavior on 'The Voice': 'She Was Extremely Entitled'
- Miley Cryrus and Liam Hemsworth Build Playground at Malibu House - Is Baby on the Way?
- 'Spider-Man' Spin-Off About Black Cat and Silver Sable Is in Development