Aretha Franklin Cancels Shows as Told by Doctors
Soul singer Aretha Franklin has canceled all concert dates and personal appearances scheduled between now and May 2011 at the request of her doctors. A representative for the Queen of Soul has scrapped everything on her calendar, including a Christmas concert scheduled for December 9 in her adopted Detroit, Michigan.
The news comes just days after Franklin, 68, was released from a Detroit hospital following a brief stay for an undisclosed medical emergency. The representative did not say if the hospital stay is linked to Franklin's decision to cancel her commitments.
There were no further details as WENN went to press.
More Aretha Franklin News
- 'The Predator' Reboot Adds 'Chuck' Alum Yvonne Strahovski
- Nick Cannon Introduces Newborn Baby Boy Golden 'Sagon'
- Jamie Chung to Play Blink in FOX's 'X-Men' Pilot
- Racist Men Charged for Hurling N-Word at Jamie Foxx
- Cate Blanchett Turns Into a Drag Queen for Charity
- See Mindy Transforming Into a Handsome White Man on 'The Mindy Project'
- Video of Harrison Ford Flying Over Commercial Plane Emerges
- Karlie Kloss Flashes Major Sideboob as She Goes Braless at a Charity Event