Aretha Franklin Cancels Shows as Told by Doctors
Soul singer Aretha Franklin has canceled all concert dates and personal appearances scheduled between now and May 2011 at the request of her doctors. A representative for the Queen of Soul has scrapped everything on her calendar, including a Christmas concert scheduled for December 9 in her adopted Detroit, Michigan.
The news comes just days after Franklin, 68, was released from a Detroit hospital following a brief stay for an undisclosed medical emergency. The representative did not say if the hospital stay is linked to Franklin's decision to cancel her commitments.
There were no further details as WENN went to press.
More Aretha Franklin News
- Chris Brown Sued for Allegedly Stealing a Fan's Hat at Concert
- Listen to Previews of Justin Bieber's Remix of Drake's 'One Dance'
- Take a Look at Ciara's Exotic Vacation in Mexico With Russell Wilson and Son Future
- Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson's Daughter Impressed With His Tattoo
- Artist of the Week: Fifth Harmony
- Johnny Depp Is 'Blackmailed' by 'Manipulative' Amber Heard, Says Friend Doug Stanhope
- Kim Kardashian Shows Off Her Curves in Cleavage-Baring Dress During Lunch With Kanye West
- 'Game of Thrones' 6.07 Preview: More Unexpected Returns