Ben Affleck Maintaining Honesty by Returning Check to Casino
Ben Affleck has been applauded for his honesty by the multi-millionaire owner of a West Virginia casino - after the actor returned a $250,000 (GBP166,670) check upon discovering he'd been paid twice for an appearance. The Oscar winner was mistakenly send two $250,000 (GBP166,670) payments for attending the star-studded grand opening of an $80 million (GBP53.3 million) casino at the famed Geenbrier resort in White Sulphur Springs on July 2.
And casino owner Jim Justice is heaping praise on the star for not pocketing the extra cash - because his accounting staff wouldn't have spotted the error. Justice tells the National Enquirer, "We mistakenly paid him twice. Fortunately, he called us or we never would have caught it."
"Obviously, we've got a dew teething problems in our accounts department that we just need to clean up. We're just grateful that Ben Affleck caught the mistake and told us about it. He's a very honorable man."
More Ben Affleck News
- MTV VMAs 2016: Drake Presents Rihanna With Video Vanguard Award
- MTV VMAs 2016: Jimmy Fallon Appears Onstage as Ryan Lochte, Throws Major Shade at Him
- MTV VMAs 2016: Beyonce Leads Full List of Winners With Six Trophies
- MTV VMAs 2016: Future Performs 'F**k Up Some Commas', Nick Jonas Brings 'Bacon'
- MTV VMAs 2016: Beyonce Reenacts 'Lemonade' Visuals, Britney Spears Slays 'Make Me'
- MTV VMAs 2016: Alicia Keys Goes Make Up Free as She Honors MLK With a Poem
- MTV VMAs 2016: Kanye West Debuts 'Fade' Music Video, Talks About Taylor Swift in Speech
- Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth Not Married Despite That Ring on Her Finger