Ben Affleck Maintaining Honesty by Returning Check to Casino
Ben Affleck has been applauded for his honesty by the multi-millionaire owner of a West Virginia casino - after the actor returned a $250,000 (GBP166,670) check upon discovering he'd been paid twice for an appearance. The Oscar winner was mistakenly send two $250,000 (GBP166,670) payments for attending the star-studded grand opening of an $80 million (GBP53.3 million) casino at the famed Geenbrier resort in White Sulphur Springs on July 2.
And casino owner Jim Justice is heaping praise on the star for not pocketing the extra cash - because his accounting staff wouldn't have spotted the error. Justice tells the National Enquirer, "We mistakenly paid him twice. Fortunately, he called us or we never would have caught it."
"Obviously, we've got a dew teething problems in our accounts department that we just need to clean up. We're just grateful that Ben Affleck caught the mistake and told us about it. He's a very honorable man."
More Ben Affleck News
- Gigi Hadid Sparks Zayn Malik Engagement Rumors With New Ring on That Finger
- Jerry Seinfeld's 'Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee' Moves to Netflix
- Liam Payne Offers Fan a Date With Him in Malibu. Find Out How to Win the Special Prize
- Angelina Jolie Receives Heartfelt Plea From Zahara's Biological Mom to Reconnect With Daughter
- Fiona Apple Releases New Anti-Trump Track 'Tiny Hands'
- Donald Trump Tweets Wrong Ivanka. Find Out How She Reacts
- Here's Ben Affleck's Reaction to Viral #SadAffleck Meme
- Ali Fedotowsky on Corinne's Raunchy Acts on 'Bachelor': 'I Find That Truly Sad'