Ben Affleck Maintaining Honesty by Returning Check to Casino
Ben Affleck has been applauded for his honesty by the multi-millionaire owner of a West Virginia casino - after the actor returned a $250,000 (GBP166,670) check upon discovering he'd been paid twice for an appearance. The Oscar winner was mistakenly send two $250,000 (GBP166,670) payments for attending the star-studded grand opening of an $80 million (GBP53.3 million) casino at the famed Geenbrier resort in White Sulphur Springs on July 2.
And casino owner Jim Justice is heaping praise on the star for not pocketing the extra cash - because his accounting staff wouldn't have spotted the error. Justice tells the National Enquirer, "We mistakenly paid him twice. Fortunately, he called us or we never would have caught it."
"Obviously, we've got a dew teething problems in our accounts department that we just need to clean up. We're just grateful that Ben Affleck caught the mistake and told us about it. He's a very honorable man."
More Ben Affleck News
- Anne Hathaway's Dress at 'Colossal' Premiere Is So Awkward She Couldn't Sit in It
- Jeremy Renner's Hawkeye May Appear in 'Ant-Man and the Wasp'
- Blac Chyna Believes That Rob Kardashian and Tyga Are Tag Teaming Against Her
- Saucy! Rita Ora Goes Braless as She Flashes Her Nipple Pasties in Sheer Top
- Little Mix Channels Inner Cowgirls in Music Video for 'No More Sad Songs' Ft. Machine Gun Kelly
- A Party Fit for Mother Monster! Get Details of Lady GaGa's Star-Studded Birthday Bash
- Jennifer Lawrence and Darren Aronofsky Are Getting More Serious, Despite Their 22-Year Age Gap
- Listen to Selena Gomez's Moody 'Only You' Cover for '13 Reasons Why'