Ben Affleck Maintaining Honesty by Returning Check to Casino
Ben Affleck has been applauded for his honesty by the multi-millionaire owner of a West Virginia casino - after the actor returned a $250,000 (GBP166,670) check upon discovering he'd been paid twice for an appearance. The Oscar winner was mistakenly send two $250,000 (GBP166,670) payments for attending the star-studded grand opening of an $80 million (GBP53.3 million) casino at the famed Geenbrier resort in White Sulphur Springs on July 2.
And casino owner Jim Justice is heaping praise on the star for not pocketing the extra cash - because his accounting staff wouldn't have spotted the error. Justice tells the National Enquirer, "We mistakenly paid him twice. Fortunately, he called us or we never would have caught it."
"Obviously, we've got a dew teething problems in our accounts department that we just need to clean up. We're just grateful that Ben Affleck caught the mistake and told us about it. He's a very honorable man."
More Ben Affleck News
- Mick Jagger, 73, Welcomes Baby Boy With 30-Year-Old Girlfriend Melanie Hamrick
- Watch 'Carpool Karaoke' With Madonna and Find Out Juicy Detail of Her Night Out With Michael Jackson
- Major Lazer Mashes Up Biggest Hits of the Year for YouTube Rewind 2016 Video
- John Cena Promises to Destroy 'Saturday Night Live' in New Promo
- Katy Perry Joins Jennifer Aniston at 'Office Christmas Party' L.A. Premiere
- Kardashian Sisters Try to Block Blac Chyna From Trademarking Their Family Name. How She Reacts?
- Nick Cannon Hits Back at Dane Cook Who Shamed Him for Wearing Turban
- Johnny Depp Dubbed Hollywood's Most Overpaid Actor Again by Forbes