Jay-Z Said MC Hammer Would Be Embarrassed Reading His Book
Jay-Z is convinced MC Hammer will be highly "embarrassed" when he reads the rap mogul's new book - because the "Big Pimpin'" hitmaker has lavished praise on the faded hip-hop star. The music veteran pokes fun at Jay-Z in his video for new single "Better Run Run", which features a lookalike of the rapper running away from a devil-like creature, while the song's lyrics label him as an "impostor" who has stolen Hammer's "swagger".
The rapper is said to have made the promo in response to Jay-Z's mention of him in a new song with Kanye West called "So Appalled", which mentions Hammer's previous money problems. But Jay-Z has brushed off the slight, insisting Hammer took his lyrics "the wrong way" and will be pleasantly surprised when he gets a copy of the star's new book "Decoded".
He tells BBC 1Xtra, "I guess when I say things people believe me so much that they take it a different way, it's not rap any more at that point. Now it's like it's a personal attack... He's gonna be embarrassed."
"I said some really great things about him in the book and about people's perception of him. I said really great things about him. But, whatever, it is what it is. He took it the wrong way, I didn't know it wasn't on the table for discussion. I didn't know I said anything wrong. I don't know if I said a lie."
More Jay-Z News
- Salma Hayek Suggests Donald Trump Tried to Manipulate Her Into Agreeing on a Date
- 'Doctor Strange' Actor Benedict Wong Confirmed for 'Avengers: Infinity Wars'
- Leonardo DiCaprio Had Another Near-Death Experience While Diving in the Galapagos
- Listen to Sia's 3 New Tracks From 'This Is Acting' Deluxe Version
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 7 Set Pics: First Look at Kit Harington in Full Costume
- Donald Glover Officially Cast as Young Lando Calrissian in 'Han Solo' Movie
- Perrie Edwards Was Left Homeless After Nasty Split From Zayn Malik
- Azealia Banks Pens Apology Letter to Zayn Malik