David Cassidy Arrested and Released on Small Bond
Former teen idol David Cassidy has been arrested in Florida on suspicion of DUI. "The Partridge Family" star was driving along the state's famous Turnpike freeway on Wednesday, November 3 night when cops in Fort Pierce spotted his Mercedes weaving on and off the road, and pulled over the vehicle.
The 60-year-old actor/singer failed two roadside sobriety tests and the police officers allegedly found a half-empty bottle of bourbon in the car. According to the police report, obtained by TMZ.com, Cassidy was "swaying while standing" and told cops he had a drink at lunchtime and had taken a hydrocodone painkiller - but a representative for the star furiously denies he was drunk behind the wheel.
Spokesperson Jo-Ann Geffen also claims the tests did not measure Cassidy's blood alcohol content properly, telling the website, "He would never jeopardize anyone on the road and he would not have been driving had he not had to go to a funeral... he's never been arrested in his life before for anything."
Cassidy was arrested and taken to a nearby jail, where he was booked for DUI. He was released in the early hours of Thursday morning on a $350 bond.
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers
- 'The Bachelor' Star Chris Soules' Ex Whitney Bischoff Is Engaged Again
- Comic-Con: 'Scream Queens' Stars Share Details of Season 2, Colton Haynes' Cast in Mystery Role
- Dakota Johnson Channels 'Fifty Shades' Character in This Provocative Photo
- Celine Dion Slays Her Impressions of Rihanna, Cher and Sia on 'Tonight Show'