David Cassidy Arrested and Released on Small Bond
Former teen idol David Cassidy has been arrested in Florida on suspicion of DUI. "The Partridge Family" star was driving along the state's famous Turnpike freeway on Wednesday, November 3 night when cops in Fort Pierce spotted his Mercedes weaving on and off the road, and pulled over the vehicle.
The 60-year-old actor/singer failed two roadside sobriety tests and the police officers allegedly found a half-empty bottle of bourbon in the car. According to the police report, obtained by TMZ.com, Cassidy was "swaying while standing" and told cops he had a drink at lunchtime and had taken a hydrocodone painkiller - but a representative for the star furiously denies he was drunk behind the wheel.
Spokesperson Jo-Ann Geffen also claims the tests did not measure Cassidy's blood alcohol content properly, telling the website, "He would never jeopardize anyone on the road and he would not have been driving had he not had to go to a funeral... he's never been arrested in his life before for anything."
Cassidy was arrested and taken to a nearby jail, where he was booked for DUI. He was released in the early hours of Thursday morning on a $350 bond.
- Amy Schumer Snogs Ben Hanisch on Kiss Cam During Mets Game
- Oh Boy! Harry Styles Rocks Three Different Looks for Another Man Magazine
- Taylor Lautner Says Britney Spears Tried to Set Him Up With Her Sister Jamie Lynn
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Do Have a Pre-Nup. So, Who's the Big Winner?
- 'Thor: Ragnarok': 'Jurassic Park' Star Sam Neill Reveals His Secret Role
- Lindsay Lohan's Ex Egor Denies He's Broke and Let Her Pay for Everything While Still Dating
- 'Last Man on Earth' Premiere Features Surprise Cameo, Stages Mini 'Mad Men' Reunion
- Blac Chyna's Mom Scolds Rob Kardashian, Fears He Will 'Ruin' Their Relationship