David Cassidy Arrested and Released on Small Bond
Former teen idol David Cassidy has been arrested in Florida on suspicion of DUI. "The Partridge Family" star was driving along the state's famous Turnpike freeway on Wednesday, November 3 night when cops in Fort Pierce spotted his Mercedes weaving on and off the road, and pulled over the vehicle.
The 60-year-old actor/singer failed two roadside sobriety tests and the police officers allegedly found a half-empty bottle of bourbon in the car. According to the police report, obtained by TMZ.com, Cassidy was "swaying while standing" and told cops he had a drink at lunchtime and had taken a hydrocodone painkiller - but a representative for the star furiously denies he was drunk behind the wheel.
Spokesperson Jo-Ann Geffen also claims the tests did not measure Cassidy's blood alcohol content properly, telling the website, "He would never jeopardize anyone on the road and he would not have been driving had he not had to go to a funeral... he's never been arrested in his life before for anything."
Cassidy was arrested and taken to a nearby jail, where he was booked for DUI. He was released in the early hours of Thursday morning on a $350 bond.
- MTV VMAs 2016: Kanye West Debuts 'Fade' Music Video, Talks About Taylor Swift in Speech
- Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth Not Married Despite That Ring on Her Finger
- 'Don't Breathe' Scares 'Suicide Squad' Away From Box Office's No. 1
- MTV VMAs 2016: Drake, Calvin Harris and Fifth Harmony Among Early Winners
- MTV VMAs 2016: Watch Rihanna, Ariana Grande and Nicki Minaj's Performances
- Ariana Grande Confirms She's Dating Mac Miller at 2016 MTV VMAs
- Frank Ocean Earns First No. 1 Album on Billboard 200 With 'Blonde'
- MTV VMAs 2016: Beyonce Is Snow Queen, Kim Kardashian and Nicki Minaj Show Skin on Red Carpet