Disney Bans Demi Lovato's Estranged Dad From Talking About Her Rehab
Representatives for Demi Lovato have warned the young star's estranged father to stop speaking out about her stint in rehab - arguing he knows "nothing" about his daughter's situation. The Disney star canceled her tour with the Jonas Brothers and checked into a treatment center at the weekend to deal with undisclosed "emotional and physical issues".
Her father, Patrick, subsequently spoke to reporters about his troubled daughter, blaming the "pressures" of fame for her problems. Patrick split from the actress/singer's mother, Dianna, in 1994 and has had little contact with the star or her sister Dallas since, and he now reveals lawyers for Disney are attempting to keep him silent about his daughter's situation.
He tells the New York Post's gossip column Page Six, "Demi won't even talk to me. I don't blame Disney (for her troubles)... Disney has been wonderful to my daughter. Now their lawyers are warning me not to say anything else. I would never blame Dianna. She is a wonderful mother. I love Demi, her sister, Dallas, and Dianna. I think about them all the time and I pray they are OK and safe."
Lovato's attorney, Jamie Young, says, "No one speaks for Demi except for her designated representatives. Unfortunately, several people have taken it upon themselves to speak out - both on and off the record - about a situation they know nothing about."
More Demi Lovato News
- Scott Disick Spotted Flirting With Sofia Richie on Yacht in Cannes
- Jaden Smith Accuses Canadian Hotel of Spiking His Food
- Alex Rodriguez Signs Deal With ABC News as Contributor
- Joaquin Phoenix and Diane Kruger Win Best Actor and Actress at Cannes 2017
- Miranda Kerr Marries Snapchat CEO Evan Spiegel in Backyard Ceremony
- 'Logan' Producer Hints at X-23 Solo Movie
- Jamie Foxx Called 'Disrespectful' by Nyle DiMarco for Making Up Sign Language on 'Fallon'
- John Boyega's London Play Cut Short Due to Bomb Threat