Disney Bans Demi Lovato's Estranged Dad From Talking About Her Rehab
Representatives for Demi Lovato have warned the young star's estranged father to stop speaking out about her stint in rehab - arguing he knows "nothing" about his daughter's situation. The Disney star canceled her tour with the Jonas Brothers and checked into a treatment center at the weekend to deal with undisclosed "emotional and physical issues".
Her father, Patrick, subsequently spoke to reporters about his troubled daughter, blaming the "pressures" of fame for her problems. Patrick split from the actress/singer's mother, Dianna, in 1994 and has had little contact with the star or her sister Dallas since, and he now reveals lawyers for Disney are attempting to keep him silent about his daughter's situation.
He tells the New York Post's gossip column Page Six, "Demi won't even talk to me. I don't blame Disney (for her troubles)... Disney has been wonderful to my daughter. Now their lawyers are warning me not to say anything else. I would never blame Dianna. She is a wonderful mother. I love Demi, her sister, Dallas, and Dianna. I think about them all the time and I pray they are OK and safe."
Lovato's attorney, Jamie Young, says, "No one speaks for Demi except for her designated representatives. Unfortunately, several people have taken it upon themselves to speak out - both on and off the record - about a situation they know nothing about."
More Demi Lovato News
- Comic-Con: 'The Walking Dead' First Season 8 Trailer Teases Major Time Jump
- Beyonce's Madame Tussauds Wax Figure 'Adjusted' After Whitewashing Controversy
- Is Ben Affleck Done Playing Batman? WB Reportedly Plans His Exit
- Is Meek Mill Finally Ready to End Longtime Feud With Drake?
- This Trangender Performer Suggests She Had an Affair With Kanye West
- Block B's U-Kwon Tells a Fan She Looks Like Crap
- Louis Tomlinson Says His Mom's Dying Wish Was for Him to Reconcile With Zayn Malik
- 'American Idol' Winner Scotty McCreery Cited for Bringing Loaded Gun to Airport