David Beckham Considers U.S. Citizenship
David Beckham wants to make his American move permanent by becoming a U.S. citizen. The British soccer star and his wife Victoria Adams moved to Los Angeles with their three sons in 2007 when he signed up to play for L.A. Galaxy.
Beckham wants to stay Stateside so his kids can finish their education there, but even though the sports star is considering making his U.S. move official, he insists he'll always be an Englishman. When asked if he would consider U.S. citizenship, he told the Los Angeles Times, "I hope so, one day. It would be nice. I'm English born and bred. And that's the way I'll always be. I'm an Englishman, you know..."
"Our boys go to school here. They're happy here. As long as they continue to be happy here, my wife's happy here, then we plan on staying."
More David Beckham News
- New 'Marvel's The Defenders' Trailer Includes First Look at 'The Punisher'
- Kanye West Plans to Respond to Jay-Z's Diss on '4:44' on New Album
- Jigsaw Is Back to Claim New Victims in Gruesome First Trailer
- 'The Affair': Ruth Wilson's Body Double Sues Showtime After Fired for Reporting Sexual Harassment
- Tyga Says He Warned Rob Kardashian About Blac Chyna's Game
- Lily Collins Locks Lips With High School Classmate During Romantic Italy Vacation
- 'Game of Thrones' Creators Defend 'Confederate' After Backlash Over Slavery Theme
- Kim Kardashian Is Basically Topless in Her Ripped Netted Outfit