David Beckham Considers U.S. Citizenship
David Beckham wants to make his American move permanent by becoming a U.S. citizen. The British soccer star and his wife Victoria Adams moved to Los Angeles with their three sons in 2007 when he signed up to play for L.A. Galaxy.
Beckham wants to stay Stateside so his kids can finish their education there, but even though the sports star is considering making his U.S. move official, he insists he'll always be an Englishman. When asked if he would consider U.S. citizenship, he told the Los Angeles Times, "I hope so, one day. It would be nice. I'm English born and bred. And that's the way I'll always be. I'm an Englishman, you know..."
"Our boys go to school here. They're happy here. As long as they continue to be happy here, my wife's happy here, then we plan on staying."
More David Beckham News
- P. Diddy Throws Star-Studded Birthday Party for Girlfriend Cassie
- Kim Kardashian Says Kendall Jenner Is Banned by Uber, the Company Responds
- J Balvin Survives Plane Crash in Bahamas
- Luke Cage Reveals the Downside of Being Bulletproof in First Clip
- Justin Bieber and Sofia Richie Jet Off for Romantic Getaway Ahead of MTV VMAs
- Britney Spears Calls 'Carpool Karaoke' With James Corden 'Awkward'
- Taylor Swift Naked Wax Figure Displayed at Kanye West's 'Famous' Art Exhibit
- Tom Hiddleston's Instagram Gets Hacked