David Beckham Considers U.S. Citizenship
David Beckham wants to make his American move permanent by becoming a U.S. citizen. The British soccer star and his wife Victoria Adams moved to Los Angeles with their three sons in 2007 when he signed up to play for L.A. Galaxy.
Beckham wants to stay Stateside so his kids can finish their education there, but even though the sports star is considering making his U.S. move official, he insists he'll always be an Englishman. When asked if he would consider U.S. citizenship, he told the Los Angeles Times, "I hope so, one day. It would be nice. I'm English born and bred. And that's the way I'll always be. I'm an Englishman, you know..."
"Our boys go to school here. They're happy here. As long as they continue to be happy here, my wife's happy here, then we plan on staying."
More David Beckham News
- Keyshia Cole Punishes Cheating Boyfriend in 'You' Music Video Ft. Remy Ma and French Montana
- Vera Farmiga Set to Star as Millie Bobby Brown's On-Screen Mother in 'Godzilla 2'
- 'The Voice' Season 12 Premiere: Gwen Stefani Returns as Coach and Wins the First Four-Way Battle
- J Balvin, Camila Cabello and Pitbull Tease New Track 'Hey Ma' on Instagram
- An Alleged Sex Tape of Trey Songz Leaks Online Amid Nicki Minaj and Remy Ma's Beef
- Emma Stone Says the Oscars Blunder Was One of the Most Horrible Moments of Her Life
- Drake on Remy Ma's Diss Track: 'His Heart's Bleeding for Nicki Minaj'
- Jimmy Kimmel Breaks Down Oscar Mix-Up: How Denzel Washington Helped Save the Day