Kanye West Talks About Taylor Swift and Nude Photos
A humbled Kanye West has confessed he made "a mistake" by storming the stage to protest Taylor Swift's first MTV Video Music Awards win at the 2009 prizegiving, revealing his own fans turned on him for ruining the country star's big moment.
In a frank interview with Funkmaster Flex on New York radio station Hot 97, the rapper has revealed he went too far when he stood up and declared Swift's Best Female Video prize belonged to his friend Beyonce Knowles. He and Swift have since spoken privately about the incident, which inspired the country singer to pen a song about her stage invader.
West explained, "She just talked about how people would come up to her in the grocery store and bring it up, and she would defend (me). It's an amazing, compelling situation. I try to downplay it, but, for the sake of being able to try to sell records and just get acceptance on that level that I did as a pop artist, there's just so few black men make it that far."
"That's a responsibility, that's why so many fans of mine were upset because they're like, 'Man, you've got a powerful situation where you can put your music out like that and do award shows and everything. You can't be so reckless with your opinion. Like, we can agree with you but you've got to play it in another type of way, because you can't throw away the opportunity.' Some of that power was taken away with that moment." West continued, "I made a mistake. My timing was definitely, extremely off... If I hadn't said anything, everything would have just went smoothly."
Kanye West also has hinted that cameraphone snapshots of his penis that appeared online were for real. He told DJ Flex, "Have you heard the first line of (new song) Runaway? I only rap reality!" The first line of the song is, 'She find pictures in my email/I sent this girl a picture of my, hey!"
More Kanye West News
- Mariah Carey Tells Friends That James Packer Is 'Mentally Unstable' and 'Violent'
- Britney Spears Reveals Theme of 'Slumber Party' Video
- Dakota Fanning's Parents Are Divorcing After 27 Years of Marriage
- Kevin Jonas Welcomes His Second Child With Wife Danielle
- Mariah Carey's Rep Reveals Lovers' Quarrel in Greece Leads to Her Split From James Packer
- 'Will and Grace' Revival in the Works
- Jealous Rob Kardashian Under Investigation for Threatening Blac Chyna's Alleged Lover
- 'Cormoran Strike' Series Based on J.K. Rowling's Novels Lands at HBO