Kanye West Talks About Taylor Swift and Nude Photos
A humbled Kanye West has confessed he made "a mistake" by storming the stage to protest Taylor Swift's first MTV Video Music Awards win at the 2009 prizegiving, revealing his own fans turned on him for ruining the country star's big moment.
In a frank interview with Funkmaster Flex on New York radio station Hot 97, the rapper has revealed he went too far when he stood up and declared Swift's Best Female Video prize belonged to his friend Beyonce Knowles. He and Swift have since spoken privately about the incident, which inspired the country singer to pen a song about her stage invader.
West explained, "She just talked about how people would come up to her in the grocery store and bring it up, and she would defend (me). It's an amazing, compelling situation. I try to downplay it, but, for the sake of being able to try to sell records and just get acceptance on that level that I did as a pop artist, there's just so few black men make it that far."
"That's a responsibility, that's why so many fans of mine were upset because they're like, 'Man, you've got a powerful situation where you can put your music out like that and do award shows and everything. You can't be so reckless with your opinion. Like, we can agree with you but you've got to play it in another type of way, because you can't throw away the opportunity.' Some of that power was taken away with that moment." West continued, "I made a mistake. My timing was definitely, extremely off... If I hadn't said anything, everything would have just went smoothly."
Kanye West also has hinted that cameraphone snapshots of his penis that appeared online were for real. He told DJ Flex, "Have you heard the first line of (new song) Runaway? I only rap reality!" The first line of the song is, 'She find pictures in my email/I sent this girl a picture of my, hey!"
More Kanye West News
- Karrueche Tran Denied Permanent Restraining Order Against Chris Brown
- Rita Ora Flaunts Ample Cleavage in Plunging Mini Dress at De Grisogono Party in Cannes
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Finale: Does the Right Contestant Win Season 24?
- See 'Justice League' Costumes at the 2017 Licensing Expo
- Ariana Grande's Mom Rushed Fans to Safety After Explosion at Manchester Concert
- Nicki Minaj Won't Let Terrorists Win, Vows to Perform for Manchester Fans
- Irina Shayk Debuts Amazing Post-Baby Body on Cannes Red Carpet
- Tiny Leans on Floyd Mayweather for Support Following Bitter Split From T.I.