Kanye West Talks About Taylor Swift and Nude Photos
A humbled Kanye West has confessed he made "a mistake" by storming the stage to protest Taylor Swift's first MTV Video Music Awards win at the 2009 prizegiving, revealing his own fans turned on him for ruining the country star's big moment.
In a frank interview with Funkmaster Flex on New York radio station Hot 97, the rapper has revealed he went too far when he stood up and declared Swift's Best Female Video prize belonged to his friend Beyonce Knowles. He and Swift have since spoken privately about the incident, which inspired the country singer to pen a song about her stage invader.
West explained, "She just talked about how people would come up to her in the grocery store and bring it up, and she would defend (me). It's an amazing, compelling situation. I try to downplay it, but, for the sake of being able to try to sell records and just get acceptance on that level that I did as a pop artist, there's just so few black men make it that far."
"That's a responsibility, that's why so many fans of mine were upset because they're like, 'Man, you've got a powerful situation where you can put your music out like that and do award shows and everything. You can't be so reckless with your opinion. Like, we can agree with you but you've got to play it in another type of way, because you can't throw away the opportunity.' Some of that power was taken away with that moment." West continued, "I made a mistake. My timing was definitely, extremely off... If I hadn't said anything, everything would have just went smoothly."
Kanye West also has hinted that cameraphone snapshots of his penis that appeared online were for real. He told DJ Flex, "Have you heard the first line of (new song) Runaway? I only rap reality!" The first line of the song is, 'She find pictures in my email/I sent this girl a picture of my, hey!"
More Kanye West News
- 'Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life' Gets First Teaser and Premiere Date
- Jennifer Garner and Ben Affleck '100 Percent Still Separated' Amid Reconciliation Rumors
- Miranda Lambert's Rep Shoots Down Pregnancy Rumors
- Watch Star-Studded Performance of 'What the World Needs Now Is Love' at DNC
- 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' Featurette Brings Out the Poetic World
- Keshia Knight Pulliam Accuses Her Husband of Cheating While Tearfully Talking About Divorce
- Beyonce Is Reported to Perform at 2016 MTV VMAs
- George and Amal Clooney Are Reportedly Expecting First Child