Demi Lovato's Parents Thank Fans for Their Support
Demi Lovato's mother has thanked the star's loyal fans for their support after her troubled teenage daughter checked into rehab at the weekend. The 18-year-old actress/singer abandoned the final dates of her South American tour with ex-boyfriend Joe Jonas and the Jonas Brothers and checked into an undisclosed treatment center to address "emotional and physical issues".
The family has yet to address the specific issues that sparked her decision to enter rehab. However, Lovato's mother Dianna De La Garza and her stepfather Eddie De La Garza have thanked their daughter's dedicated fans for being understanding as she seeks help.
A joint statement reads, "Our entire family appreciates the outpouring of support we have received from Demi's fans. We are touched by their kindness." Lovato's worried biological father, Patrick, spoke out on Tuesday, November 2, blaming his daughter's troubles on the pressures of fame.
More Demi Lovato News
- Donnie Wahlberg, and Not Kim K., Sets Guiness World Record for Most Selfies in 3 Minutes
- Benedict Cumberbatch Channels Doctor Strange to Diagnose the Avengers in New Promo Clip
- Taylor Swift's Alleged Groping Photo Leaks Despite Sealed by Judge
- Nicole Richie Doesn't Regret Her Wild Past: I Was Just 'Being Me'
- Lady GaGa Makes a Japanese Bride Extra Happy With This Sweet Gesture. Watch It!
- 'Rogue One': Gareth Edwards Teases Ben Mendelsohn's 'Working Class' Character
- Laverne Cox Is a 'Bad B***h,' Slays Nicki Minaj's 'Roman's Revenge' in 'Lip Sync Battle' Clip
- Jack O'Connell to Star as Alexander McQueen in Biopic