Demi Lovato's Parents Thank Fans for Their Support
Demi Lovato's mother has thanked the star's loyal fans for their support after her troubled teenage daughter checked into rehab at the weekend. The 18-year-old actress/singer abandoned the final dates of her South American tour with ex-boyfriend Joe Jonas and the Jonas Brothers and checked into an undisclosed treatment center to address "emotional and physical issues".
The family has yet to address the specific issues that sparked her decision to enter rehab. However, Lovato's mother Dianna De La Garza and her stepfather Eddie De La Garza have thanked their daughter's dedicated fans for being understanding as she seeks help.
A joint statement reads, "Our entire family appreciates the outpouring of support we have received from Demi's fans. We are touched by their kindness." Lovato's worried biological father, Patrick, spoke out on Tuesday, November 2, blaming his daughter's troubles on the pressures of fame.
More Demi Lovato News
- Kendall Jenner Flashes Nipples in Sheer Bra for Love Magazine
- Kanye West in Talks to Join Revival of 'American Idol'
- Midlife Crisis? Leonardo DiCaprio Will Do Anything to Stay Young
- Harry Styles Is 'Terrified' His Debut Solo Single Will Not Sell
- Kim Kardashian Drops Baby Bombshell to Save 'KUWTK' Ratings
- James Blunt Sings Touching New Song at Carrie Fisher and Debbie Reynolds' Memorial
- 'Orange Is the New Black' Star Samira Wiley Marries the Show's Writer Lauren Morelli
- 'Once Upon a Time' 6.15 Preview: Aladdin and Jasmine Meet Ariel in 'A Wondrous Place'