Demi Lovato's Parents Thank Fans for Their Support
Demi Lovato's mother has thanked the star's loyal fans for their support after her troubled teenage daughter checked into rehab at the weekend. The 18-year-old actress/singer abandoned the final dates of her South American tour with ex-boyfriend Joe Jonas and the Jonas Brothers and checked into an undisclosed treatment center to address "emotional and physical issues".
The family has yet to address the specific issues that sparked her decision to enter rehab. However, Lovato's mother Dianna De La Garza and her stepfather Eddie De La Garza have thanked their daughter's dedicated fans for being understanding as she seeks help.
A joint statement reads, "Our entire family appreciates the outpouring of support we have received from Demi's fans. We are touched by their kindness." Lovato's worried biological father, Patrick, spoke out on Tuesday, November 2, blaming his daughter's troubles on the pressures of fame.
More Demi Lovato News
- Morgan Freeman Eyed to Join Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Film
- Get Your First Look at Tyler Hoechlin as Clark Kent on 'Supergirl'
- Taika Waititi Hints at Thanos' Connection to 'Thor: Ragnarok' in New Photo
- Lindsey Vonn Accidentally Flashes Underwear on the Red Carpet
- Rihanna Swarmed by Her Fans in 'Goodnight Gotham' Music Video
- Tony Parker Welcomes Second Child With Wife Axelle Francine
- Candice Swanepoel Bares Baby Bump While Posing Completely Naked in This Photo
- 'Sesame Street' Reconsiders Layoffs After Public Outcry, Actor Says