Sienna Miller Pays Tribute to 'Factory Girl' Director, Calling Him 'Generous of Spirit'
Sienna Miller has paid tribute to her "Factory Girl" director George Hickenlooper, praising the moviemaker for making her feel so "loved" and "appreciated" on a film set. Hickenlooper, 47, passed away on Friday, October 29 after suffering a heart attack in Denver, Colorado, where he was promoting his latest movie, "Casino Jack" - starring Kevin Spacey and Kelly Preston.
Spacey was quick to pay tribute to the director, and Miller has followed in his footsteps with her own personal memories of Hickenlooper. The British star gushes about the moviemaker's loving nature - and she hopes his legacy will live on through those who knew him. In a statement released to JustJared, Miller says, "There are people who make films for glory and recognition, and there are people who make films. George Hickenlooper was a lover of film."
"He understood that the medium needn't be manipulative, but appreciated, through his own experience; that it could be life altering, in the most beautiful way. He was generous of spirit. He asked for nothing, and, as a result, received all. I have never felt more loved or appreciated as an actor, and, as a result, have never been more honest in a film."
"The lesson that he can teach us all is this: The more you love and embrace people purely, the more you set people free. Through pure openness, you will touch people. George was childlike in his enthusiasm. I hope that others will learn, that from this generosity of spirit, creativity flows. Surrender all ego and tell beautiful tales. Rest in peace my sweet friend."
More Sienna Miller News
- Kanye West Leaves L.A. in the Middle of the Night Amid Kim Kardashian Divorce Rumors
- Iron Fist Shows His Martial Art Skills in New Photos of Netflix's Series
- Is Rihanna Not Happy With Beyonce Over Grammy Nominations?
- Wendy Williams Calls Nicki Minaj 'Insensive B***h' for Mocking Mentally Ill Woman
- Lady GaGa Pens 'Inspiring' Open Letter About Her Daily Effort to Battle With PTSD
- 'Bones': What Will Happen to the Jeffersonian? David Boreanaz Shares Photo of Destroyed Lab
- See Tom Hiddleston Accidentally Running Into 'Taylor Swift' During Morning Jog in London
- Andy Cohen Would Like to Hook Up With Justin Bieber