Sienna Miller Pays Tribute to 'Factory Girl' Director, Calling Him 'Generous of Spirit'
Sienna Miller has paid tribute to her "Factory Girl" director George Hickenlooper, praising the moviemaker for making her feel so "loved" and "appreciated" on a film set. Hickenlooper, 47, passed away on Friday, October 29 after suffering a heart attack in Denver, Colorado, where he was promoting his latest movie, "Casino Jack" - starring Kevin Spacey and Kelly Preston.
Spacey was quick to pay tribute to the director, and Miller has followed in his footsteps with her own personal memories of Hickenlooper. The British star gushes about the moviemaker's loving nature - and she hopes his legacy will live on through those who knew him. In a statement released to JustJared, Miller says, "There are people who make films for glory and recognition, and there are people who make films. George Hickenlooper was a lover of film."
"He understood that the medium needn't be manipulative, but appreciated, through his own experience; that it could be life altering, in the most beautiful way. He was generous of spirit. He asked for nothing, and, as a result, received all. I have never felt more loved or appreciated as an actor, and, as a result, have never been more honest in a film."
"The lesson that he can teach us all is this: The more you love and embrace people purely, the more you set people free. Through pure openness, you will touch people. George was childlike in his enthusiasm. I hope that others will learn, that from this generosity of spirit, creativity flows. Surrender all ego and tell beautiful tales. Rest in peace my sweet friend."
More Sienna Miller News
- Kourtney Kardashian Shares Videos of Skinny-Dipping Session and Wild Twerking
- Kylie Jenner and Travis Scott 'Definitely Looked Like a Couple' at NBA Game
- Aaron Hernandez Asked to Share Prison Cell With Alleged Gay Lover
- 'Jurassic Park' Alum Jeff Goldblum Joins 'Jurassic World 2'
- 'The Voice' Live Top 12 Eliminations: Who Is the First to Get Sent Home?
- Justin Bieber Is Featured on DJ Khaled's Star-Studded Single 'I'm the One'
- Nicki Minaj's Getting Trolled for Blonde Bob Wig: 'I'm Tired of Being Bullied'
- Selena Gomez's '13 Reasons Why' Sparks Concerns Among School Officials and Health Experts