NKOTB and Backstreet Boys' Joint Tour Confirmed for Summer 2011
Boy band super groups New Kids On The Block and Backstreet Boys have confirmed reports they're teaming up to tour together in 2011. The two acts thrilled fans at a New Kids concert in New York in June when they took the stage together to perform a rendition of Backstreet Boys hit "I Want It That Way" and the duet was such a success the members of both bands have agreed to hit the road together next summer.
There will be an official announcement at the American Music Awards later this month, when the two bands will perform together again. In a tweet to fans on Wednesday, November 3, "American Idol" host Ryan Seacrest - one of the brains behind the awards show - writes, "I can OFFICIALLY confirm that @NKOTB and @BackstreetBoys are going on tour Summer 2011!"
And on his Facebook page, a representative for the producer/entertainer adds, "All nine boys will get together for the first time this Monday, November 8 for an exclusive in studio (radio) interview with Ryan to talk about making preparations for the upcoming tour."
"Your first opportunity to see Donnie, Joey, Jordan, Jonathan, Danny, Brian, AJ, Howie and Nick perform live together will be November 21st on the American Music Awards."
- Angelina Jolie Backtracks Her Comment After She's Warned to Stop Trashing Brad Pitt
- Never-Before-Seen Footage of Kim Kardashian's Sex Tape Surfaces
- Maksim Chmerkovskiy and Peta Murgatroyd Confirm Return for 'DWTS' Season 24
- Katy Perry Goes to 'Oblivia' Theme Park in 'Chained to the Rhythm' Music Video
- 'Hellboy 3' Is Dead, Director Guillermo Del Toro Says
- 'InHumans' Announces 'Game of Thrones' Alum as Maximus
- Hoda Kotb Introduces Newly-Adopted Daughter, Explains Baby's Name
- Karrueche Tran Accuses Chris Brown of Domestic Violence, Files for Restraining Order