Robert Downey Jr. Enjoyed 'Straight Man' Role in 'Due Date'
Robert Downey Jr. relished working alongside wacky comic actor Zach Galifianakis in their new movie "Due Date" - because he rarely gets to play the "straight man". The pair shares the screen in the outlandish new comedy, which tells the story of an expectant father teamed with an unlikely traveling companion as he races to be by his wife's side for the birth.
Galifianakis plays for laughs in a series of oddball set-ups, and rather than feeling jealous of his co-star's scene-stealing performance, Downey Jr. insists he enjoyed keeping his role understated. He tells Britain's GQ magazine, "It's kind of embarrassing to say this, as I always thought of myself as being that type of actor, but Zach is probably one of the freest artists I have ever experienced."
"The funny thing for me was having the confidence to play the straight man for once, and it gave me a whole new set of insights into the people whose responsibility it is to hold the mooring lines while the other great talents have chewed up the scenery - and I've been that guy."
- Mary J. Blige to Guest Star on 'How to Get Away with Murder'
- Ryan Reynolds Paid 'Deadpool' Screenwriters With His Own Money
- Rob Kardashian Finally Opens Up on Why He Ditched Kim Kardashian's Wedding
- Drake and Rihanna Nuzzling and Holding Hands in Miami
- 'Stranger Things' Officially Renewed for Season 2 - Watch the Teaser Here!
- Chris Stapleton, Carrie Underwood, Keith Urban Lead Nominations for 2016 CMA Awards
- Demi Lovato Surprises Fans as Undercover Lyft Driver and Disses Selena Gomez
- Chris Brown Is Released on $250K Bail, Lawyer Calls Assault Allegations 'Demonstrably False'