Jay-Z: Give Me 8 Years, I'll Be the President
Hip-hop mogul Jay-Z is harboring serious political ambitions - the rapper wants to run for the White House in 2018. The "Big Pimpin'" hitmaker was a vocal supporter of current U.S. President Barack Obama during the 2008 election campaign, and continues to back the American leader despite a series of humiliating results at the midterm elections on Tuesday, November 2.
And Jay-Z admits he would like to have a go at running the country himself. He tells BBC Newsbeat, "In order to judge someone, you have to judge what they inherit. He (Obama) inherited the worst economy, war, just a horrible time in American history... Give me a chance. Maybe in eight years, I'll be the president."
There was a rumor that the Obama Administration will enlist Jay-Z for guidance in the 2012 presidential campaign. Deputy White House Press Secretary William Burton recently joked with the New York Post, "I can't believe you've finally heard the chatter about [Jay] replacing Larry Summers. In all seriousness, keep in mind he was pretty active during the 2008 election, so I don't think it'd surprise anyone that [Jay] would be involved again. But it's a little premature."
More Jay-Z News
- Katy Perry Crowd-Surfing Twice at Glastonbury 2017
- Blac Chyna Involved in Car Accident
- Kelly Osbourne Shows Her Derriere While Struggling to Get Out of Her Dress
- Kendall Jenner Looks Unrecognizable in Her Latest Instagram Pictures
- Heidi Klum's Boyfriend Vito Schabel Spotted Kissing Another Woman in London
- Angelina Jolie Is Worrying That Brad Pitt Will Get More Custody
- Amanda Bynes Steps Out for Shopping in Beverly Hills
- Gal Gadot Is Already Planning for Baby No. 3