Jay-Z: Give Me 8 Years, I'll Be the President
Hip-hop mogul Jay-Z is harboring serious political ambitions - the rapper wants to run for the White House in 2018. The "Big Pimpin'" hitmaker was a vocal supporter of current U.S. President Barack Obama during the 2008 election campaign, and continues to back the American leader despite a series of humiliating results at the midterm elections on Tuesday, November 2.
And Jay-Z admits he would like to have a go at running the country himself. He tells BBC Newsbeat, "In order to judge someone, you have to judge what they inherit. He (Obama) inherited the worst economy, war, just a horrible time in American history... Give me a chance. Maybe in eight years, I'll be the president."
There was a rumor that the Obama Administration will enlist Jay-Z for guidance in the 2012 presidential campaign. Deputy White House Press Secretary William Burton recently joked with the New York Post, "I can't believe you've finally heard the chatter about [Jay] replacing Larry Summers. In all seriousness, keep in mind he was pretty active during the 2008 election, so I don't think it'd surprise anyone that [Jay] would be involved again. But it's a little premature."
More Jay-Z News
- Harry Styles Stops His Concert to Pay Tribute to Victims of Manchester Bombing
- Jack Kesy Rumored to Play Tom Cassidy in 'Deadpool 2'
- The Great War Is Coming in First Trailer for 'Game of Thrones' Season 7
- First Look at Benicio Del Toro and Laura Dern, Captain Phasma Unmasked in 'Star Wars: The Last Jedi'
- Beware Angelina Jolie! Brad Pitt Is Ready to Publish a Tell-All
- Kelly Clarkson and Jennifer Hudson Are Fighting Over 'The Voice' Gig
- Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon Are Planning to Remarry This Summer
- Fans Are Begging Justin Bieber to Cancel His Upcoming U.K. Concerts