Jay-Z: Give Me 8 Years, I'll Be the President
Hip-hop mogul Jay-Z is harboring serious political ambitions - the rapper wants to run for the White House in 2018. The "Big Pimpin'" hitmaker was a vocal supporter of current U.S. President Barack Obama during the 2008 election campaign, and continues to back the American leader despite a series of humiliating results at the midterm elections on Tuesday, November 2.
And Jay-Z admits he would like to have a go at running the country himself. He tells BBC Newsbeat, "In order to judge someone, you have to judge what they inherit. He (Obama) inherited the worst economy, war, just a horrible time in American history... Give me a chance. Maybe in eight years, I'll be the president."
There was a rumor that the Obama Administration will enlist Jay-Z for guidance in the 2012 presidential campaign. Deputy White House Press Secretary William Burton recently joked with the New York Post, "I can't believe you've finally heard the chatter about [Jay] replacing Larry Summers. In all seriousness, keep in mind he was pretty active during the 2008 election, so I don't think it'd surprise anyone that [Jay] would be involved again. But it's a little premature."
More Jay-Z News
- 'Game of Thrones' Set Pics: Look Who's Also Back for Season 7!
- Are They Really Dating? Drake Already Introduces Taylor Swift to His Mom
- Ouch, It Looks Painful! Hugh Jackman Suffers Gunshot Wounds in New 'Logan' Image
- Jasmine Tookes to Rock Victoria's Secret New Fantasy Bra. See and Get Details of the $3M Lingerie!
- J.J. Abrams' 'God Particle' Is Reportedly the Next 'Cloverfield' Movie
- Is This What Tom Hiddleston Thinks of Taylor Swift Getting Close With Drake?
- 'Sherlock' Season 4 Gets Premiere Date. Mark Your Calendar!
- Gavin Rossdale Signs Publishing Deal With Roc Nation