Jay-Z: Give Me 8 Years, I'll Be the President
Hip-hop mogul Jay-Z is harboring serious political ambitions - the rapper wants to run for the White House in 2018. The "Big Pimpin'" hitmaker was a vocal supporter of current U.S. President Barack Obama during the 2008 election campaign, and continues to back the American leader despite a series of humiliating results at the midterm elections on Tuesday, November 2.
And Jay-Z admits he would like to have a go at running the country himself. He tells BBC Newsbeat, "In order to judge someone, you have to judge what they inherit. He (Obama) inherited the worst economy, war, just a horrible time in American history... Give me a chance. Maybe in eight years, I'll be the president."
There was a rumor that the Obama Administration will enlist Jay-Z for guidance in the 2012 presidential campaign. Deputy White House Press Secretary William Burton recently joked with the New York Post, "I can't believe you've finally heard the chatter about [Jay] replacing Larry Summers. In all seriousness, keep in mind he was pretty active during the 2008 election, so I don't think it'd surprise anyone that [Jay] would be involved again. But it's a little premature."
More Jay-Z News
- Beyonce Is Making $500K Nursery for Her Unborn Twins
- Mariah Carey Is Spending Too Much Money on Toyboy Bryan Tanaka
- Amber Rose Is Joining Secret Online Dating App
- 'Annabelle' Sequel Gets New Title
- Kim Kardashian Doesn't Want Her Daughter North West to Be Managed by Kris Jenner
- Anne Hathaway's Dress at 'Colossal' Premiere Is So Awkward She Couldn't Sit in It
- Jeremy Renner's Hawkeye May Appear in 'Ant-Man and the Wasp'
- Blac Chyna Believes That Rob Kardashian and Tyga Are Tag Teaming Against Her