Kevin Spacey Received CBE Title From the Queen
Kevin Spacey has been made an honorary Commander of the Order of the British Empire (CBE) by Queen Elizabeth II. The "American Beauty" star was awarded the honor on Wednesday, November 3 for his services to drama to mark his continued work to revive London's iconic theater, the Old Vic.
Oscar-winner Spacey, who has been at the helm of the venue since 2003, was handed the medal by Charles, Prince of Wales, at his royal residence, Clarence House. The actor said, "I was hugely, hugely delighted that Prince Charles has awarded me the CBE, which the Queen has so generously given to me for my services to theatre."
"(The Prince) was just extraordinarily generous about the work we've done at the Old Vic over these past seven seasons, that I've dedicated myself to the revival of this brilliant, wonderful theater, and for all the belief that I have that arts and culture are a hugely important part of our lives."
"Frankly for me to be standing here today in front of Clarence House having a rather British scene happen directly behind me makes me feel very happy and proud to call London my home."
More Kevin Spacey News
- Priyanka Chopra Throws Her Hat Into the Ring to Be Female James Bond
- Listen to a Preview of Shawn Mendes' New Song 'Better'
- Elijah Wood Clarifies Comment on Child Sex Abuse in Hollywood, Says It's Misinterpreted
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss Confirms Someone's Getting Married in Season 7
- Anne Hathaway Throws Shade at the Kardashians, Says It's Unintentional
- Eminem Sells Bricks of His Childhood Home for 'Marshall Mathers LP' Anniversary
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Just Say She Was Under the Influence While Filming 'The Hunger Games'?
- Helen Hunt Mistaken for Jodie Foster by Starbucks Barista. Read the Funny Story