Kevin Spacey Received CBE Title From the Queen
Kevin Spacey has been made an honorary Commander of the Order of the British Empire (CBE) by Queen Elizabeth II. The "American Beauty" star was awarded the honor on Wednesday, November 3 for his services to drama to mark his continued work to revive London's iconic theater, the Old Vic.
Oscar-winner Spacey, who has been at the helm of the venue since 2003, was handed the medal by Charles, Prince of Wales, at his royal residence, Clarence House. The actor said, "I was hugely, hugely delighted that Prince Charles has awarded me the CBE, which the Queen has so generously given to me for my services to theatre."
"(The Prince) was just extraordinarily generous about the work we've done at the Old Vic over these past seven seasons, that I've dedicated myself to the revival of this brilliant, wonderful theater, and for all the belief that I have that arts and culture are a hugely important part of our lives."
"Frankly for me to be standing here today in front of Clarence House having a rather British scene happen directly behind me makes me feel very happy and proud to call London my home."
- Taylor Swift Won't Come to MTV VMAs 2016 as Kanye West Is Given Free Reign on Stage
- Lamar Odom Caught Partying With Scantily-Clad Ladies at Strip Club and Smoking Marijuana
- Watch First Trailer for Sundance Hit 'Manchester by the Sea' Starring Casey Affleck
- I'm Guilty! 'Obsessed' Kim Kardashian Admits She Steals Things From Hotels
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Already Have Their First 'Major' Fight - What Is It About?
- Is The Flash Coming to 'Big Bang Theory'?
- Miley Cyrus Reportedly Pays for Everything in Her Relationship With Liam Hemsworth
- Prince William Says He Still Misses Princess Diana Every Day and We Can't Help Tearing Up