Ricky Martin Became Womanizer to Deny His Homosexuality
Gay singer Ricky Martin enjoyed numerous affairs with women in the years before he accepted his homosexuality, admitting he was on a mission to date "every woman" who crossed his path. The "Livin' La Vida Loca" star revealed his true sexual orientation in March, confessing he could no longer keep his big secret hidden.
He has also written candidly about his private life in new book Me, claiming he spent years as a rampant womanizer as he denied his true feelings. He writes, "I spent a couple years (in the late 1990s) acting like the typical alpha male, a total ladies' man. I was young and famous, I was an artist, and I made it my business to go out with every woman who crossed my path... (I had) experiences with men... (but) they always left me feeling guilty, so I didn't want to think about them..."
"Ever since I can remember, I have felt a strong attraction to men, and although I can say I have also felt a strong attraction to and chemistry with women, it is a man who ultimately awakens my most instinctual, animal self."
- Oscars 2017: 'La La Land' Leads With 14 Nods, 7 Black Actors Are Among 20 Acting Nominees
- 'The Ring' Prank Is Too Real to Not Be Terrified. See People's Reactions
- First Look at Sebastian Stan in 'I, Tonya' Arrives as Caitlin Carver Joins the Cast
- Furious Chris Brown Hits Back at Aziz Ansari for Comparing Him to Donald Trump
- Michelle Rodriguez Is a Transgender in 'The Assignment' Trailer
- Bella Hadid Gets Frisky in Threesome Photo With Kendall Jenner and Riccardo Tisci
- Alec Baldwin Will Host 'Saturday Night Live' for the 17th Time
- Sabrina Carpenter Slays a Mash-Up of Ed Sheeran's 'Shape of You' and TLC's 'No Scrubs'