Ricky Martin Became Womanizer to Deny His Homosexuality
Gay singer Ricky Martin enjoyed numerous affairs with women in the years before he accepted his homosexuality, admitting he was on a mission to date "every woman" who crossed his path. The "Livin' La Vida Loca" star revealed his true sexual orientation in March, confessing he could no longer keep his big secret hidden.
He has also written candidly about his private life in new book Me, claiming he spent years as a rampant womanizer as he denied his true feelings. He writes, "I spent a couple years (in the late 1990s) acting like the typical alpha male, a total ladies' man. I was young and famous, I was an artist, and I made it my business to go out with every woman who crossed my path... (I had) experiences with men... (but) they always left me feeling guilty, so I didn't want to think about them..."
"Ever since I can remember, I have felt a strong attraction to men, and although I can say I have also felt a strong attraction to and chemistry with women, it is a man who ultimately awakens my most instinctual, animal self."
More Ricky Martin News
- Watch Spider-Man Make Quite an Entrance at 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Premiere
- Swimsuit-Clad Lea Michele Flashes Her Derriere During Hawaiian Getaway
- Big Bang's T.O.P Pleads Guilty to Illegal Marijuana Use: 'I Am Sincerely Embarrassed'
- Saturn Awards 2017: 'Rogue One: A Star Wars Story', '10 Cloverfield Lane' Are Big Winners in Film
- Saturn Awards 2017: 'Walking Dead', 'Westworld', 'Supergirl' Top TV Winners
- Adele Says She May Never Go on Tour Again
- Tyra Banks Is Reportedly Readying for Baby No. 2
- Kylie Jenner and Travis Scott Flaunt Couple Rings Amid Rumors He Cheats on Her With 10 Women