Ricky Martin Became Womanizer to Deny His Homosexuality
Gay singer Ricky Martin enjoyed numerous affairs with women in the years before he accepted his homosexuality, admitting he was on a mission to date "every woman" who crossed his path. The "Livin' La Vida Loca" star revealed his true sexual orientation in March, confessing he could no longer keep his big secret hidden.
He has also written candidly about his private life in new book Me, claiming he spent years as a rampant womanizer as he denied his true feelings. He writes, "I spent a couple years (in the late 1990s) acting like the typical alpha male, a total ladies' man. I was young and famous, I was an artist, and I made it my business to go out with every woman who crossed my path... (I had) experiences with men... (but) they always left me feeling guilty, so I didn't want to think about them..."
"Ever since I can remember, I have felt a strong attraction to men, and although I can say I have also felt a strong attraction to and chemistry with women, it is a man who ultimately awakens my most instinctual, animal self."
- 'The Voice' Battle Round Night 4: Coaches Round Out Teams of 8. See Who Makes the Cut!
- Missing His Family? Brad Pitt 'Secretly Joined' Angelina Jolie and Kids on Recent Cambodia Trip
- First Gloomy Footage of 'Annihilation' Is Screened at CinemaCon
- 'Bones' Showrunner on Series Finale: 'It's the End, but It's Not the End'
- Spider-Man May Leave Marvel Cinematic Universe After 'Spiderman: Homecoming' Sequel
- Harry Styles to Make Debut as Solo Artist on 'Saturday Night Live'
- Amy Poehler and Nick Offerman Reunite for NBC's Competition Series 'Handmade Project'
- Mila Kunis Debuts Amazing Post-Baby Body, 4 Months After Giving Birth to Son Dimitri