Derrick Rose Cancels 'Good Wife' Cameo at Last Minute
American basketball star Derrick Rose has reportedly infuriated TV bosses behind "The Good Wife" by failing to appear on set to film a cameo appearance in the hit show. The Chicago Bulls player was due to shoot a guest appearance in the series, which stars Julianna Margulies and Chris Noth, on Tuesday, November 2 but allegedly didn't show up.
Producers had booked the sportsman on a flight from Chicago, Illinois to New York City, where the show is filmed, and sent a car to pick him up from his home, but Rose never made it to the airport, according to New York Post gossip column Page Six.
A source tells the publication, "The Good Wife is set in Chicago but filmed in New York, so they like to have cameos from prominent people from Chicago. Derrick had agreed to play himself in an episode. The deal had been done and the contract had been signed. But when the car arrived at his house in Chicago (on) Tuesday morning, he didn't answer the door. The driver waited but he didn't appear. Finally, an unidentified man came out and said: 'Derrick is not going to New York.' "
"This was very frustrating for the show's cast and crew because the production had been set, the script had been written, and actors including Josh Charles were on standby for him. By the end of the day there was still no explanation why he didn't show or if he wants to do the scene at a later date."
A spokesperson for the Bulls basketball team says, "We didn't have training today, so I wouldn't know if he did show or not. This is a matter for his agent."
- 'The Voice' Season 12 Sneak Peek: Watch 29-Year-Old J. Chosen Blow the Coaches' Mind
- Sinead O'Connor Apologizes for Saying Arsenio Hall Gave Prince Drugs
- See Lethal Charlize Theron in New 'Atomic Blonde' Poster
- Brooklyn Beckham Gets Dating Advice From Anais Gallagher
- Nicole Scherzinger Goes Underwear Free in Dazzling Dress at BRIT Awards After-Party
- 'This Is Us' to Bring Back Ron Cephas Jones in Season 2 After That Emotional Road Trip
- Gigi and Bella Hadid Go Vampy for Milan Fashion Week
- NBC's 'Taken' Opening Scene Reveals How Bryan Mills' Sister Is Murdered