Financially-Troubled Gordon Ramsay Prevented From Selling House
Gordon Ramsay's personal problems appear to be mounting - bank bosses are taking legal action to stop him selling his family home without their permission. The "Hell's Kitchen" star has suffered severely in the recent economic downturn and in 2009 was forced to pump $8 million of his own money into his businesses in a last-ditch bid to keep afloat.
The company, Gordon Ramsay Holdings (GRH), reported a loss of $6.5 million last year and was also hit with massive tax bills. And now money chiefs at the Royal Bank of Scotland have submitted papers in a bid to stop Ramsay selling his $4.5 million London home.
The property will act as security against the star's company debts, according to Britain's Daily Mail. A spokesman for GRH confirms the claims but has downplayed the report, stating, "All of this is entirely commonplace and standard business practice."
Ramsay has also been embroiled in family drama recently after his father-in-law Chris Hutcheson, who stepped down as CEO of the celebrity chef's business empire last month, went public about their bitter fall-out.
More Gordon Ramsay News
- 'Game of Thrones' Showrunners Help Jimmy Kimmel Poke Fun at Hodor Twist
- Is Marriage on the Cards for Sandra Bullock and Boyfriend Bryan Randall?
- Chloe Grace Moretz Gets New Sweet Tattoo. See the Pic!
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' Star Frank Dillane Arrested Following Altercation With Security Guard
- Katherine Webb and NFL Star Husband AJ McCarron Welcome First Child
- George R. R. Martin Revealed Three Huge Twists to 'Game of Thrones' Producers. What Are They?
- Take a Look at Pink's Awkward Reaction When Her Celebrity Crush Johnny Depp Surprises Her
- Brad Pitt Saves Young Girl From Being Crushed by Excited Fans. See His Heroic Action!