Keira Knightley's Laptops Ransacked in Robbery
Keira Knightley has called in police after her London home was ransacked by burglars while she attended the Rome Film Festival in Italy. The "Pirates of the Caribbean" star was promoting her new release, "Last Night", at the annual movie event last week when the thieves targeted her $1.95 million property in the U.K. capital.
They are thought to have entered Knightley's apartment block through a faulty door and gained access to her home by forcing their way in. The burglars took two personal laptops, leaving Knightley feeling "violated" and worried about returning to the property, according to Britain's The Sun.
A source tells the publication, "Keira is mortified to think anyone has been rummaging around her personal stuff. She feels violated and doesn't know if she wants to return to the flat." Police are currently investigating the incident as the 25-year-old actress recovers from the shock on vacation.
A statement from London's Scotland Yard reads, "Officers from Westminster CID (Criminal Investigation Department) are investigating a residential burglary at the flat. It is believed to have occurred between 9am and 9pm on October 26. A forensic team from Westminster CID was dispatched to dust for any fingerprints or shoe marks left behind."
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers
- 'The Bachelor' Star Chris Soules' Ex Whitney Bischoff Is Engaged Again
- Comic-Con: 'Scream Queens' Stars Share Details of Season 2, Colton Haynes' Cast in Mystery Role
- Dakota Johnson Channels 'Fifty Shades' Character in This Provocative Photo
- Celine Dion Slays Her Impressions of Rihanna, Cher and Sia on 'Tonight Show'