Keira Knightley's Laptops Ransacked in Robbery
Keira Knightley has called in police after her London home was ransacked by burglars while she attended the Rome Film Festival in Italy. The "Pirates of the Caribbean" star was promoting her new release, "Last Night", at the annual movie event last week when the thieves targeted her $1.95 million property in the U.K. capital.
They are thought to have entered Knightley's apartment block through a faulty door and gained access to her home by forcing their way in. The burglars took two personal laptops, leaving Knightley feeling "violated" and worried about returning to the property, according to Britain's The Sun.
A source tells the publication, "Keira is mortified to think anyone has been rummaging around her personal stuff. She feels violated and doesn't know if she wants to return to the flat." Police are currently investigating the incident as the 25-year-old actress recovers from the shock on vacation.
A statement from London's Scotland Yard reads, "Officers from Westminster CID (Criminal Investigation Department) are investigating a residential burglary at the flat. It is believed to have occurred between 9am and 9pm on October 26. A forensic team from Westminster CID was dispatched to dust for any fingerprints or shoe marks left behind."
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie