Former Sister-in-Law Demands David Carradine's Estate
Late actor David Carradine's estate is facing a $550,000 payout - his former sister-in-law has filed legal papers demanding royalty and tax payments. His ex-wife Gail Jensen submitted legal documents before her own death in April, requesting to be named the administrator of his estate, claiming Carradine owed her money.
The actor's widow, Annie Carradine, hit back at Jensen's legal bid by filing her own claim for control of his estate in August. And now Jensen's sister has taken up her sibling's fight, filing legal documents in Los Angeles County Superior Court to demand a portion of the star's estate, according to TMZ.
In the papers, she claims Carradine owed her sister $250,000 in royalties from cult TV show "Kung Fu" and the book "Spirit of Shaolin", as well as $300,000 in tax payments she made on his behalf. Annie Carradine previously claimed that the value of her late husband's personal property was only $40,000.
"Kill Bill" star Carradine was found hanging in the closet of his Bangkok, Thailand hotel room in June 2009. Investigators found the cause of death to be asphyxiation and Thai police reports suggested he died accidentally during a dangerous solo sex game.
- 'Aquaman' Officially Casts Michael Beach in Potentially Significant Role
- FOX Sets Fall Premiere Dates for 'The Orville', 'Empire' and More
- Miranda Lambert Enjoys Singing About Heartbreak After Split From Blake Shelton
- Nicki Minaj Flaunts Major Cleavage in New Instagram Pics
- Does Rae Sremmurd Break Up? Swae Lee Tries 'to Steal All the Shine' From Slim Jimmy
- Bill Cosby Plans to Lecture Young People on How to Avoid Sexual Assault Accusations
- Beyonce and Jay-Z's Twins Finally Released From Hospital
- Brad Pitt Fired as the Depressing Weatherman on 'Jim Jefferies Show'. See His Reaction!