Hilary Duff Stopped Starving Herself Due to Concerned Mum's Comments
The concerned mum of a fan helped Hilary Duff see sense when she was starving herself to stay thin - her comments made the actress/singer rethink her diet. The star has revealed she was dangerously skinny at 17 after mean comments about her weight started to get to her and she took drastic action to stay thin.
The newlywed "So Yesterday" singer tells the new issue of Health magazine, "I literally ate nothing but steamed vegetables and broiled or grilled chicken, with nothing else. I was touring all the time, traveling everywhere, and I felt so run down. Not giving your body enough of what it needs is really dangerous. I regret it because I don't think I was happy then."
"At the time, I felt almost proud of being skinny, but one day the mother of a fan came up to me and said, 'Are you OK? Are they not feeding you?' After that, all of a sudden, I stopped being as concerned about everything. It wasn't a big intervention or anything. I got off tour and changed. I started hanging out with my friends and cooking and had a more normal life."
More Hilary Duff News
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie