Salma Hayek Is Set to Produce Another Hispanic Melodrama
"Ugly Betty" actress/producer Salma Hayek is re-teaming with the TV bosses behind the hit comedy, to adapt yet another Hispanic melodrama for the U.S. Hayek struck success when she brought the global telenovela phenomenon of Betty La Fea stateside, and now the actress and her business partner Jose Tamez are hoping for similar success after selling an adaptation of Argentinian series "Los Roldan" to America's ABC network through their production company, Ventanarosa.
The show chronicles the exploits of a man hired to run the company of the woman whose life he saves. The show has already been produced locally in Colombia, Mexico and Cyprus.
Hayek has tapped "Ugly Betty" veterans Veronica Becker and Sarah Kucserka to write and executive produce the U.S. version, according to Variety. "Ugly Betty" 's run came to an end earlier this year, in April, after four years of TV success.
More Salma Hayek News
- 'Game of Thrones' Stars Talk About the Bloodbath and Power Transfer in Season Finale
- Deadpool Makes Surprise Appearance in 'X-Men: Apocalypse' Japanese Trailer
- 50 Cent Arrested in the Caribbean for Saying 'Motherf**ker' at Music Festival
- Adele Burps While Taking Selfie With a Fan Onstage. See the Hilarious Video
- Rihanna Previews New Song 'Sledgehammer' From 'Star Trek Beyond'
- Mariah Carey Shows Off Bare Butts at Her DJ Debut in Las Vegas
- Justin Timberlake Attacked by Twitter Users for His Comment on Jesse Williams' BET Awards Speech
- Artist of the Week: Calvin Harris