Salma Hayek Is Set to Produce Another Hispanic Melodrama
"Ugly Betty" actress/producer Salma Hayek is re-teaming with the TV bosses behind the hit comedy, to adapt yet another Hispanic melodrama for the U.S. Hayek struck success when she brought the global telenovela phenomenon of Betty La Fea stateside, and now the actress and her business partner Jose Tamez are hoping for similar success after selling an adaptation of Argentinian series "Los Roldan" to America's ABC network through their production company, Ventanarosa.
The show chronicles the exploits of a man hired to run the company of the woman whose life he saves. The show has already been produced locally in Colombia, Mexico and Cyprus.
Hayek has tapped "Ugly Betty" veterans Veronica Becker and Sarah Kucserka to write and executive produce the U.S. version, according to Variety. "Ugly Betty" 's run came to an end earlier this year, in April, after four years of TV success.
More Salma Hayek News
- Nicole Richie Doesn't Regret Her Wild Past: I Was Just 'Being Me'
- Lady GaGa Makes a Japanese Bride Extra Happy With This Sweet Gesture. Watch It!
- 'Rogue One': Gareth Edwards Teases Ben Mendelsohn's 'Working Class' Character
- Laverne Cox Is a 'Bad B***h,' Slays Nicki Minaj's 'Roman's Revenge' in 'Lip Sync Battle' Clip
- Jack O'Connell to Star as Alexander McQueen in Biopic
- Move Out Rihanna! Drake Wakes Up Next to 'the Most Beautiful Woman' After His Birthday Party
- 'Carpool Karaoke': Lady GaGa Is Novice Driver, James Corden Tries on Her Infamous Costumes
- Shia LaBeouf Is a Marine With PTSD in 'Man Down' Teaser Trailer