Salma Hayek Is Set to Produce Another Hispanic Melodrama
"Ugly Betty" actress/producer Salma Hayek is re-teaming with the TV bosses behind the hit comedy, to adapt yet another Hispanic melodrama for the U.S. Hayek struck success when she brought the global telenovela phenomenon of Betty La Fea stateside, and now the actress and her business partner Jose Tamez are hoping for similar success after selling an adaptation of Argentinian series "Los Roldan" to America's ABC network through their production company, Ventanarosa.
The show chronicles the exploits of a man hired to run the company of the woman whose life he saves. The show has already been produced locally in Colombia, Mexico and Cyprus.
Hayek has tapped "Ugly Betty" veterans Veronica Becker and Sarah Kucserka to write and executive produce the U.S. version, according to Variety. "Ugly Betty" 's run came to an end earlier this year, in April, after four years of TV success.
- The Great War Is Coming in First Trailer for 'Game of Thrones' Season 7
- First Look at Benicio Del Toro and Laura Dern, Captain Phasma Unmasked in 'Star Wars: The Last Jedi'
- Beware Angelina Jolie! Brad Pitt Is Ready to Publish a Tell-All
- Kelly Clarkson and Jennifer Hudson Are Fighting Over 'The Voice' Gig
- Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon Are Planning to Remarry This Summer
- Fans Are Begging Justin Bieber to Cancel His Upcoming U.K. Concerts
- Beyonce's Security Team Conducting Trial Runs for Her Delivery
- AOA's Choa Wipes Her Instagram Account Clean Following Dating Rumors