Salma Hayek Is Set to Produce Another Hispanic Melodrama
"Ugly Betty" actress/producer Salma Hayek is re-teaming with the TV bosses behind the hit comedy, to adapt yet another Hispanic melodrama for the U.S. Hayek struck success when she brought the global telenovela phenomenon of Betty La Fea stateside, and now the actress and her business partner Jose Tamez are hoping for similar success after selling an adaptation of Argentinian series "Los Roldan" to America's ABC network through their production company, Ventanarosa.
The show chronicles the exploits of a man hired to run the company of the woman whose life he saves. The show has already been produced locally in Colombia, Mexico and Cyprus.
Hayek has tapped "Ugly Betty" veterans Veronica Becker and Sarah Kucserka to write and executive produce the U.S. version, according to Variety. "Ugly Betty" 's run came to an end earlier this year, in April, after four years of TV success.
- John Mayer Admits New Single 'Still Feel Like Your Man' Is About Katy Perry
- Selena Gomez Gets Teased About Her Love for Canadian Guys. See Her Reaction
- Is Amber Rose Into a Woman Now? Model Sparks Rumors She's Hooking Up With Teyana Taylor
- Iggy Azalea's Brand New Single 'Mo Bounce' Released in Full
- Possible Leaked Concept Art of 'Deadpool 2' Features Brad Pitt as Cable
- Migos Channels Inner Rock Stars in 'What the Price' Music Video
- Adele Pays Emotional Tribute to London Terror Victims During Her Concert in New Zealand
- 'The Bachelorette' Six New Suitors Strip Down During Group Date on 'Ellen Show'