Randy and Evi Quaid Skip Another Court Appearance, Bench Warrant Issued for Wife
Actor Randy Quaid and his wife Evi Quaid have missed another court appearance - the couple chooses to remain in Canada rather than attends a mandatory arraignment in Santa Barbara, California. The Quaids were due in court on Tuesday, November 2 to face charges they have been illegally squatting at a California home they once owned.
The actor and his wife are seeking asylum in Canada, insisting they fear for their welfare if they return to California. Quaid's attorney insists his client has been advised to stay in Canada for an immigration hearing on November 8. Santa Barbara Superior Court Judge Donna Geck agreed not to issue a bench warrant for the "Brokeback Mountain" star, but insisted Evi Quaid would be subject to such punishment with prosecutors threatening to seek extradition.
The couple was arrested in September, when deputies discovered the actor and his wife living in the guest house of a home they formerly owned. They were charged with felony vandalism. The Quaids missed an arraignment in October and were arrested days later in Vancouver, Canada, where they sought refugee status. The couple has maintained the property on which they were living still belongs to them.
- Is Gigi Hadid Taking Her Diet Too Far? Her Extreme Weight Loss Raises Concern
- Kourtney Kardashian's Looking for 'More Loyal Soulmate' as She's 'So Over' Scott Disick
- Is Meghan Markle Planning to Get Pregnant Before Marrying Prince Harry?
- Hailee Steinfeld, Kelsea Ballerini and Sofia Carson to Perform Britney Spears Medley at RDMA 2017
- Nam Joo Hyuk's Fans Angered by His Relationship With Lee Sung Kyung
- 'Supergirl': Get First Look at General Zod in Set Photos and Video
- Desperate Tyga to Use Son King Cairo to Get Back With Kylie Jenner
- Beyonce's Pic of Ordering Food Sparks Funny Twitter Reactions