Randy and Evi Quaid Skip Another Court Appearance, Bench Warrant Issued for Wife
Actor Randy Quaid and his wife Evi Quaid have missed another court appearance - the couple chooses to remain in Canada rather than attends a mandatory arraignment in Santa Barbara, California. The Quaids were due in court on Tuesday, November 2 to face charges they have been illegally squatting at a California home they once owned.
The actor and his wife are seeking asylum in Canada, insisting they fear for their welfare if they return to California. Quaid's attorney insists his client has been advised to stay in Canada for an immigration hearing on November 8. Santa Barbara Superior Court Judge Donna Geck agreed not to issue a bench warrant for the "Brokeback Mountain" star, but insisted Evi Quaid would be subject to such punishment with prosecutors threatening to seek extradition.
The couple was arrested in September, when deputies discovered the actor and his wife living in the guest house of a home they formerly owned. They were charged with felony vandalism. The Quaids missed an arraignment in October and were arrested days later in Vancouver, Canada, where they sought refugee status. The couple has maintained the property on which they were living still belongs to them.
- Bella Hadid Flaunts Ample Cleavage in Racy Bikini. See the Pic!
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Cradle Chrissy Teigen and John Legend's Baby During Brunch
- Jeff Bridges Joins 'Kingsman: The Golden Circle'
- Demi Lovato Mourning Her Great-Grandma's Death. Read Her Touching Tribute
- Rob Kardashian and Blac Chyna Party in Las Vegas, Talk About Wedding Plans
- Stephen Amell and Will Arnett Joke About Making an 'Arrow' Feature Film
- Liam Hemsworth Admits His 2013 Split From Miley Cyrus 'Was Hard'
- Madonna Throws Shade at BET for Diss Over Her BBMA Tribute to Prince