Randy and Evi Quaid Skip Another Court Appearance, Bench Warrant Issued for Wife
Actor Randy Quaid and his wife Evi Quaid have missed another court appearance - the couple chooses to remain in Canada rather than attends a mandatory arraignment in Santa Barbara, California. The Quaids were due in court on Tuesday, November 2 to face charges they have been illegally squatting at a California home they once owned.
The actor and his wife are seeking asylum in Canada, insisting they fear for their welfare if they return to California. Quaid's attorney insists his client has been advised to stay in Canada for an immigration hearing on November 8. Santa Barbara Superior Court Judge Donna Geck agreed not to issue a bench warrant for the "Brokeback Mountain" star, but insisted Evi Quaid would be subject to such punishment with prosecutors threatening to seek extradition.
The couple was arrested in September, when deputies discovered the actor and his wife living in the guest house of a home they formerly owned. They were charged with felony vandalism. The Quaids missed an arraignment in October and were arrested days later in Vancouver, Canada, where they sought refugee status. The couple has maintained the property on which they were living still belongs to them.
- Watch Nick Jonas' Calvin Klein-Esque Video for 'Remember I Told You' Ft. Anne-Marie and Mike Posner
- 'The Bachelorette' Recap: Rachel Ends Lee-Kenny Feud, Sends Home Six Guys
- Report: Rob Kardashian Says He Pays All of Blac Chyna's Bills
- 'America's Got Talent' Week 5: Guy Sings Whitney Houston's 'I Have Nothing' Like It's Nothing
- Remy Ma Totally Expects Nicki Minaj's Diss at NBA Awards
- Desperate Bella Hadid Is Jealous of The Weeknd and Selena Gomez's Romance
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Reveals A.D. in Series Finale. Did You See It Coming?
- AMC Renews 'Better Call Saul' for Season 4