LeAnn Rimes Burst Into Tears When Discussing Marital Infidelity in Interview
LeAnn Rimes broke down in tears as she recalled her marital infidelity and troubled childhood in a taped interview for an upcoming U.S. TV special. Rimes and live-in boyfriend, actor Eddie Cibrian, fell in love on the set of TV movie "Northern Lights" in 2008 and began an affair that broke up both their marriages.
The couple recently sat down to confront public criticism of their relationship for an episode of America's All Access Nashville, which will air next week. The interview followed the controversy surrounding Rimes' appearance on the cover of the October issue of Shape magazine, wearing a bikini and talking candidly on how she kept her figure during the fall-out about her initial fling with Cibrian. Readers complained about the cover and accompanying article, prompting editor-in-chief Valerie Latona to apologize for the decision last week.
And it was all too much for Rimes during the interview - she broke down in tears as she was questioned about the scandal. Asked her what her lowest point was, Rimes replied, "Which one?" adding, "You're going to make me cry." The singer also lost her composure as she talked about her troubled childhood.
In 2000, she filed a lawsuit against her manager/father Wilbur Rimes, claiming he had stolen approximately $7 million from her. Rimes settled the lawsuit for an undisclosed amount and has since reconciled with her dad.
More LeAnn Rimes News
- 'DWTS' Pro Peta Murgatroyd and Maksim Chmerkovskiy Expecting First Child, but Something Upset Them
- Ben Affleck Gives Jennifer Garner 11-Carat Diamond Ahead of Their Anniversary - Is It True?
- Iggy Azalea Teases Collaboration With Zedd After Pushing Back Her Album's Release
- Kanye West Ready to Take Legal Action if Sex Tapes Leak
- Yikes! Kendall and Kylie Jenner Reportedly in 'Bizarre Love Triangle' With Scott Disick
- New 'Luke Cage' Set Photos Reveal Villain Diamondback
- Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson's Marriage Reportedly Crumbles. Here's the Truth
- Prince Hated the Idea of Appearing in a Music Video With Madonna