Director Sam Taylor-Wood Says It Was Aaron Johnson Who Wanted to Start a Family
British director Sam Taylor-Wood has refuted allegations she pressured her 20-year-old fiance Aaron Johnson into starting a family, insisting it was the teenager who suggested cementing their relationship with a baby. The couple met on the set of Taylor-Wood's John Lennon movie "Nowhere Boy", when the "Kick-Ass" star was just a teenager. They grew close during filming and began dating shortly after the shoot wrapped in 2009.
They announced their engagement just months later and the 43-year-old director gave birth to their first child together, daughter Wylda, in July. But Taylor-Wood, who has two kids from a previous relationship, is adamant it wasn't her idea to have another baby.
She says, "Aaron, almost before anything started between us, said he wanted kids. He was very clear about wanting a family... Aaron has brought a set of values I didn't even know I was looking for, family values."
"He is more grounded. He has been getting work offers which he has turned down because he wants to be here for the crucial beginning months of Wylda's life. This time I don't want help and Aaron wants to be here and be involved. How refreshing is that?"
- Paris Jackson Wants to Save 'Reclusive' Aunt Janet Jackson Amid Split From Wissam Al Mana
- Is Gigi Hadid Taking Her Diet Too Far? Her Extreme Weight Loss Raises Concern
- Phoebe Tonkin and Paul Wesley Enjoy Intimate Dinner - Back On?
- 'World War Z 2' Will Likely Reunite David Fincher and Brad Pitt
- Kourtney Kardashian's Looking for 'More Loyal Soulmate' as She's 'So Over' Scott Disick
- Is Meghan Markle Planning to Get Pregnant Before Marrying Prince Harry?
- Hailee Steinfeld, Kelsea Ballerini and Sofia Carson to Perform Britney Spears Medley at RDMA 2017
- Nam Joo Hyuk's Fans Angered by His Relationship With Lee Sung Kyung