Damon Albarn Compares Talent Shows to Animal Slaughters
Damon Albarn hates watching reality TV competitions such as "American Idol" and "The X Factor" - likening the contestants' audition process to animal slaughter. The Blur frontman has followed in the footsteps of Sir Elton John and New Order's Bernard Sumner to take aim at Simon Cowell's talent shows, insisting talented young wannabes who participate are "sanitised" by producers and stripped of their originality.
He tells Britain's The Sun, "It's not good because, though from time to time they may stumble across a beautiful voice, they put them through a food processor and make them fast food. A cow is definitely a more beautiful thing before it hits the hamburger factory."
"They do things to these kids. They play with their bodies and their faces. They just bleach and sanitise everything about them and that's a very potent aspirational aspect of our society."
- Emily Ratajkowski Goes Nude on the Set of New Thriller 'Welcome Home'
- Rihanna Sparks Pregnancy Speculations
- Suzy Hints That She's Missing Boyfriend Lee Min Ho in New Instagram Pic
- Big Bang's G-Dragon Sports Cornrows and Heavy Makeup in New Instagram Pics
- Pregnant Nikki Reed Bares Cleavage in Sexy Maternity Clothes
- Cristiano Ronaldo's Mother Laughs Off Georgina Rodriguez Pregnancy Rumor: 'It's Nonsense'
- Lamar Odom Is Refused Entry at Los Angeles Strip Club
- Kim Kardashian Is Begging Khloe to Be Her Surrogate for Baby No. 3