Paralyzed Fan Credits Peter Andre for Encouraging Her to Walk Again
Australian singer Peter Andre has been hailed a hero by a paralyzed fan who promised her idol she'd learn to walk again - and succeeded. Cat Hedger, 24, was left in a wheelchair after she had her drink spiked when she was just 19.
She met the "Mysterious Girl" hitmaker earlier this year and told the star she would one day recover - and at an autograph signing in Brighton, England on Saturday, October 30, Hedger gingerly stepped out of her chair to hug him. She says, "He saved my life. I told Pete I wanted to walk again. Pete told me then to focus on it no matter what and keep going. It's amazing how much belief he gave me."
Andre adds, "Cat's recovery is remarkable and she is a true inspiration - I'm really proud of her. She was told by doctors she would never walk again and she has proved that diagnosis wrong."
- Kim Kardashian Looks Gloomy During Outing After Paris Robbery
- Brad Pitt's Child Abuse Investigation Extended due to New Key Accusation
- Britney Spears and Tinashe Share Photo From 'Slumber Party' Video Shoot
- Jennifer Lawrence Has Competition! Scarlett Johansson Develops a Zelda Fitzgerald Rival Project
- 'The Punisher' Announces 5 More New Cast Members
- Kristen Stewart Reunites With 'Twilight' Co-Stars at Women in Hollywood Awards
- Len Wiseman Files for Divorce From Kate Beckinsale
- Lady GaGa to Perform at 2016 American Music Awards