Paralyzed Fan Credits Peter Andre for Encouraging Her to Walk Again
Australian singer Peter Andre has been hailed a hero by a paralyzed fan who promised her idol she'd learn to walk again - and succeeded. Cat Hedger, 24, was left in a wheelchair after she had her drink spiked when she was just 19.
She met the "Mysterious Girl" hitmaker earlier this year and told the star she would one day recover - and at an autograph signing in Brighton, England on Saturday, October 30, Hedger gingerly stepped out of her chair to hug him. She says, "He saved my life. I told Pete I wanted to walk again. Pete told me then to focus on it no matter what and keep going. It's amazing how much belief he gave me."
Andre adds, "Cat's recovery is remarkable and she is a true inspiration - I'm really proud of her. She was told by doctors she would never walk again and she has proved that diagnosis wrong."
- Find Out How Jaden Smith Tricked His Dad Will Smith Into Letting Him Drink on His Birthday
- Jean-Claude Van Damme Walks Out of TV Interview After Reporter Asks This Question
- Matt Damon Will Take a Break From Acting Next Year
- Kanye West Launches Twitter Rants About Apple and Tidal Beef
- Tyler Posey Clarifies 'I Am Gay' Snapchat Video, Apologizes for Fake Coming Out
- Nick Jonas Offered $2 Million to Perform at RNC
- Director Paul Feig Slams Sony for Deleting 'Ghostbusters' Pro-Hillary Tweet
- 'Game of Thrones' Set to End With Season 8, Spin-Off Plan Confirmed