Paralyzed Fan Credits Peter Andre for Encouraging Her to Walk Again
Australian singer Peter Andre has been hailed a hero by a paralyzed fan who promised her idol she'd learn to walk again - and succeeded. Cat Hedger, 24, was left in a wheelchair after she had her drink spiked when she was just 19.
She met the "Mysterious Girl" hitmaker earlier this year and told the star she would one day recover - and at an autograph signing in Brighton, England on Saturday, October 30, Hedger gingerly stepped out of her chair to hug him. She says, "He saved my life. I told Pete I wanted to walk again. Pete told me then to focus on it no matter what and keep going. It's amazing how much belief he gave me."
Andre adds, "Cat's recovery is remarkable and she is a true inspiration - I'm really proud of her. She was told by doctors she would never walk again and she has proved that diagnosis wrong."
- 'Outlander' Casts David Berry in Pivotal Role of Lord John Grey
- 'Zombieland 2' Still Happening With Original's Scribes on Board
- Kim Kardashian Reportedly Furious Over Blac Chyna's Naked Photos for Paper Magazine
- Stephen Colbert Takes on Anthony Weiner's Sexting Scandal, Spoofs Beyonce's VMA Performance
- The Homeless Guy Accepting Miley Cyrus' Moonman at 2014 VMAs Is Selling the Trophy
- Beyonce's Daughter Blue Ivy Wears a $11,000 Dress to the VMAs Because of Course She Does
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Reportedly Eyes Liam Garrigan to Portray King Arthur
- No, It's Not Britney! Kourtney Kardashian Plays With Huge Snake in This Cringe-Inducing Picture