Paralyzed Fan Credits Peter Andre for Encouraging Her to Walk Again
Australian singer Peter Andre has been hailed a hero by a paralyzed fan who promised her idol she'd learn to walk again - and succeeded. Cat Hedger, 24, was left in a wheelchair after she had her drink spiked when she was just 19.
She met the "Mysterious Girl" hitmaker earlier this year and told the star she would one day recover - and at an autograph signing in Brighton, England on Saturday, October 30, Hedger gingerly stepped out of her chair to hug him. She says, "He saved my life. I told Pete I wanted to walk again. Pete told me then to focus on it no matter what and keep going. It's amazing how much belief he gave me."
Andre adds, "Cat's recovery is remarkable and she is a true inspiration - I'm really proud of her. She was told by doctors she would never walk again and she has proved that diagnosis wrong."
- Paris Jackson Wants to Save 'Reclusive' Aunt Janet Jackson Amid Split From Wissam Al Mana
- Is Gigi Hadid Taking Her Diet Too Far? Her Extreme Weight Loss Raises Concern
- Phoebe Tonkin and Paul Wesley Enjoy Intimate Dinner - Back On?
- 'World War Z 2' Will Likely Reunite David Fincher and Brad Pitt
- Kourtney Kardashian's Looking for 'More Loyal Soulmate' as She's 'So Over' Scott Disick
- Is Meghan Markle Planning to Get Pregnant Before Marrying Prince Harry?
- Hailee Steinfeld, Kelsea Ballerini and Sofia Carson to Perform Britney Spears Medley at RDMA 2017
- Nam Joo Hyuk's Fans Angered by His Relationship With Lee Sung Kyung