Pamela Anderson Slammed for Giving Playboy Money to Charity
Pamela Anderson has been blasted by an Islamic rights group for donating her $25,000 Playboy modeling fee to charity - because the money was obtained through "immoral acts". The former Baywatch star posed nude for the January, 2011 issue of the men's magazine and handed the cheque she received for the spread to Waves 4 Water, a charity that distributes filters to people who don't have access to clean drinking water, in countries including Indonesia and Haiti.
But officials from the Islamic Defenders Front are fuming about the donation, claiming it is "against the law of God" to hand the modeling money to charity. Habib Umar Salim, the head of FPI's advisory council, tells Indonesia's Metro TV, "If she wants to be photographed naked, then she is challenging a bigger disaster to happen in Indonesia. It's haram (forbidden)."
More Pamela Anderson News
- Scott Eastwood Is in Talks to Star in 'Pacific Rim 2'
- Video: Chris Brown Throws a Fan's Phone Used to Film Him at a Club
- 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.' Season 4 Casting News Fuels the Ghost Rider Speculation
- 'Quantico' Beauty Priyanka Chopra Reveals She Has 'Never Dated.' Here's Why
- Drake Says His Heart's Broken by Rihanna as They Spark New Dating Rumor in London
- First Look at Matthew McConaughey as Man in Black on 'The Dark Tower' Set
- Fergie Debuts 'M.I.L.F. $'. Listen to the Empowering New Track!
- Nicki Minaj Goes Braless and Flashes Ample Boob in This Photo