Pamela Anderson Slammed for Giving Playboy Money to Charity
Pamela Anderson has been blasted by an Islamic rights group for donating her $25,000 Playboy modeling fee to charity - because the money was obtained through "immoral acts". The former Baywatch star posed nude for the January, 2011 issue of the men's magazine and handed the cheque she received for the spread to Waves 4 Water, a charity that distributes filters to people who don't have access to clean drinking water, in countries including Indonesia and Haiti.
But officials from the Islamic Defenders Front are fuming about the donation, claiming it is "against the law of God" to hand the modeling money to charity. Habib Umar Salim, the head of FPI's advisory council, tells Indonesia's Metro TV, "If she wants to be photographed naked, then she is challenging a bigger disaster to happen in Indonesia. It's haram (forbidden)."
More Pamela Anderson News
- Lisa Marie Presley's Kids in State Custody After Indecent Child Pics Found on Ex's Computer
- Samuel L. Jackson Hints at Nick Fury's Appearance in 'Captain Marvel'
- Aaron Carter Responds to Racism Accusation After Onstage Brawl
- Angelina Jolie Takes Her 6 Kids to Cambodia Amid Brad Pitt Divorce and Custody Drama
- Zoe Saldana Gives Birth to Baby No. 3 With Marco Perego
- Royal Showdown! Kate Middleton Reportedly Feuding With Meghan Markle
- Camila Cabello Is 'Dying' to Enlist Taylor Swift for Debut Solo Album
- Donald Glover to Play Simba in 'The Lion King' Remake