Pamela Anderson Slammed for Giving Playboy Money to Charity
Pamela Anderson has been blasted by an Islamic rights group for donating her $25,000 Playboy modeling fee to charity - because the money was obtained through "immoral acts". The former Baywatch star posed nude for the January, 2011 issue of the men's magazine and handed the cheque she received for the spread to Waves 4 Water, a charity that distributes filters to people who don't have access to clean drinking water, in countries including Indonesia and Haiti.
But officials from the Islamic Defenders Front are fuming about the donation, claiming it is "against the law of God" to hand the modeling money to charity. Habib Umar Salim, the head of FPI's advisory council, tells Indonesia's Metro TV, "If she wants to be photographed naked, then she is challenging a bigger disaster to happen in Indonesia. It's haram (forbidden)."
More Pamela Anderson News
- Taylor Kinney Gives Lady GaGa 'Ultimatum' as She's Still Undecided About Wedding Details
- Kim Kardashian Steals the Show at Scott Disick's Birthday Party With Her Barely-There Lace Dress
- Proud Papa Chris Brown Shares Cute Pictures of Royalty to Celebrate Her Birthday
- Amanda Holden Poses Naked for Charity. See the Racy Pic!
- Bruno Mars Is Readying a New Album for November
- Mariah Carey's Diva Antics: She Has Her Glam Team Work on Her While She Sleeps
- Kim Kardashian Kicks Kanye West Out of Their Bel Air House. Why?
- Watch Andrew Lincoln and Norman Reedus Envision Lighter 'Walking Dead' in NBC's Red Nose Day Special