Pamela Anderson Slammed for Giving Playboy Money to Charity
Pamela Anderson has been blasted by an Islamic rights group for donating her $25,000 Playboy modeling fee to charity - because the money was obtained through "immoral acts". The former Baywatch star posed nude for the January, 2011 issue of the men's magazine and handed the cheque she received for the spread to Waves 4 Water, a charity that distributes filters to people who don't have access to clean drinking water, in countries including Indonesia and Haiti.
But officials from the Islamic Defenders Front are fuming about the donation, claiming it is "against the law of God" to hand the modeling money to charity. Habib Umar Salim, the head of FPI's advisory council, tells Indonesia's Metro TV, "If she wants to be photographed naked, then she is challenging a bigger disaster to happen in Indonesia. It's haram (forbidden)."
More Pamela Anderson News
- Harley Quinn and The Joker Sport Very Different Tattoos in Early 'Suicide Squad' Concept Art
- 'Gotham': Cameron Monaghan Teases Disfigured Jerome With These Photos
- Spoiler Alert! 'Arrow' Showrunner Unveils Season 5 Finale Scene
- Trouble in Paradise? Jennifer Aniston's 'Tired' Justin Theroux Chooses His Career Over Her
- The Rock Has Some Epic Fights in New 'Jumanji' On-Set Photos
- Lady GaGa Causes Twitter Frenzy With Her 'Unrecognizable' Face on 'X Factor'
- New 'The Flash' Set Photos Reveal New Villain and a Mysterious Character
- Report: 'Game of Thrones' Books UFC Fighter Conor McGregor for Upcoming Season