Pamela Anderson Slammed for Giving Playboy Money to Charity
Pamela Anderson has been blasted by an Islamic rights group for donating her $25,000 Playboy modeling fee to charity - because the money was obtained through "immoral acts". The former Baywatch star posed nude for the January, 2011 issue of the men's magazine and handed the cheque she received for the spread to Waves 4 Water, a charity that distributes filters to people who don't have access to clean drinking water, in countries including Indonesia and Haiti.
But officials from the Islamic Defenders Front are fuming about the donation, claiming it is "against the law of God" to hand the modeling money to charity. Habib Umar Salim, the head of FPI's advisory council, tells Indonesia's Metro TV, "If she wants to be photographed naked, then she is challenging a bigger disaster to happen in Indonesia. It's haram (forbidden)."
More Pamela Anderson News
- G-Dragon Promises Big Bang Will Reunite as 5 Members
- Jay Park Signs With Roc Nation
- Justin Bieber Banned From China Over His 'Bad Behavior'
- Kim Kardashian Is 'Furious' After Video of Her Partying Hard Exposed
- Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Tasha McCauley Welcome Second Child
- Celebrities Who Regret Getting Plastic Surgery
- JYJ's Park Yoochun's Fiancee Allegedly Wants to Break Off Engagement
- Kingsman Teams Up With Statesman in New 'The Golden Circle' Red Band Trailer