Rick Springfield Underwent Plastic Surgery When He Was 24
One-time Aussie pop hunk Rick Springfield underwent plastic surgery at 24 because he feared he was losing his teenage fanbase. The depressed "Jessie's Girl" hitmaker returned home for a secret nip and tuck and still can't believe a doctor Down Under agreed to tamper with his youthful looks.
The singer says, "He did my eyes, underneath my eyes... I'd been forced into this teen magazine thing and all the guys there were, like, 16, 17... and my depression's talking to me, saying, 'You don't look as young as these guys.' I was desperate and I went to Australia and... I went to this doctor with my clear, unblemished 24-year-old face and I said, 'Can you make me look younger?' And he goes, 'I think I can help you!' "
"I actually thought it was worse after he was done... It was painful mentally; I woke up from the anaesthetic and I walked, struggled to the bathroom and looked in on it... They didn't tell me anything about what to expect (and) I looked like I'd gone six rounds with (Mike) Tyson... I was freaked out."
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2' Toys Reveal First Look at Kurt Russell's Ego
- Will Kanye West Perform at Pal Donald Trump's Inauguration?
- Fergie Who? Nicole Scherzinger to Replace the Singer in Black Eyed Peas
- Tupac Shakur Biopic 'All Eyez on Me' Is Set to Be Released in Summer
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Reignite Dating Rumors After Seen Shopping Together
- Ariana Grande Criticized for Claiming She's the 'Hardest Working 23-Year-Old' on Earth
- Lady GaGa Teases Super Bowl Performance in New Behind-the-Scenes Video
- 'Game of Thrones' Latest Tidbit Reveals This Character's Unlikely Return in Season 7