Rick Springfield Underwent Plastic Surgery When He Was 24
One-time Aussie pop hunk Rick Springfield underwent plastic surgery at 24 because he feared he was losing his teenage fanbase. The depressed "Jessie's Girl" hitmaker returned home for a secret nip and tuck and still can't believe a doctor Down Under agreed to tamper with his youthful looks.
The singer says, "He did my eyes, underneath my eyes... I'd been forced into this teen magazine thing and all the guys there were, like, 16, 17... and my depression's talking to me, saying, 'You don't look as young as these guys.' I was desperate and I went to Australia and... I went to this doctor with my clear, unblemished 24-year-old face and I said, 'Can you make me look younger?' And he goes, 'I think I can help you!' "
"I actually thought it was worse after he was done... It was painful mentally; I woke up from the anaesthetic and I walked, struggled to the bathroom and looked in on it... They didn't tell me anything about what to expect (and) I looked like I'd gone six rounds with (Mike) Tyson... I was freaked out."
- Harley Quinn and The Joker Sport Very Different Tattoos in Early 'Suicide Squad' Concept Art
- 'Gotham': Cameron Monaghan Teases Disfigured Jerome With These Photos
- Spoiler Alert! 'Arrow' Showrunner Unveils Season 5 Finale Scene
- Trouble in Paradise? Jennifer Aniston's 'Tired' Justin Theroux Chooses His Career Over Her
- The Rock Has Some Epic Fights in New 'Jumanji' On-Set Photos
- Lady GaGa Causes Twitter Frenzy With Her 'Unrecognizable' Face on 'X Factor'
- New 'The Flash' Set Photos Reveal New Villain and a Mysterious Character
- Report: 'Game of Thrones' Books UFC Fighter Conor McGregor for Upcoming Season