Rick Springfield Underwent Plastic Surgery When He Was 24
One-time Aussie pop hunk Rick Springfield underwent plastic surgery at 24 because he feared he was losing his teenage fanbase. The depressed "Jessie's Girl" hitmaker returned home for a secret nip and tuck and still can't believe a doctor Down Under agreed to tamper with his youthful looks.
The singer says, "He did my eyes, underneath my eyes... I'd been forced into this teen magazine thing and all the guys there were, like, 16, 17... and my depression's talking to me, saying, 'You don't look as young as these guys.' I was desperate and I went to Australia and... I went to this doctor with my clear, unblemished 24-year-old face and I said, 'Can you make me look younger?' And he goes, 'I think I can help you!' "
"I actually thought it was worse after he was done... It was painful mentally; I woke up from the anaesthetic and I walked, struggled to the bathroom and looked in on it... They didn't tell me anything about what to expect (and) I looked like I'd gone six rounds with (Mike) Tyson... I was freaked out."
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival