Rick Springfield Underwent Plastic Surgery When He Was 24
One-time Aussie pop hunk Rick Springfield underwent plastic surgery at 24 because he feared he was losing his teenage fanbase. The depressed "Jessie's Girl" hitmaker returned home for a secret nip and tuck and still can't believe a doctor Down Under agreed to tamper with his youthful looks.
The singer says, "He did my eyes, underneath my eyes... I'd been forced into this teen magazine thing and all the guys there were, like, 16, 17... and my depression's talking to me, saying, 'You don't look as young as these guys.' I was desperate and I went to Australia and... I went to this doctor with my clear, unblemished 24-year-old face and I said, 'Can you make me look younger?' And he goes, 'I think I can help you!' "
"I actually thought it was worse after he was done... It was painful mentally; I woke up from the anaesthetic and I walked, struggled to the bathroom and looked in on it... They didn't tell me anything about what to expect (and) I looked like I'd gone six rounds with (Mike) Tyson... I was freaked out."
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby
- Mama June Feels 'Like Frankenstein' After Skin Removal Surgery. Is She Giving Up?
- Blake Shelton and Gwen Stefani 'Torn Apart' by Her 'Flirtation' With 'The Voice' Contestant
- Katy Perry Reportedly Still Loves John Mayer. Will They Rekindle Their Romance?
- Trey Songz Slams Nicki Minaj: She Ain't Had S**t Before Me
- Han Solo Movie Adds 'Sing Street' Star Ian Kenny