Neil Diamond Suffered Stagefright Before Live Concert Comeback
Neil Diamond suffered crippling stagefright ahead of his U.K. concert comeback at the weekend - two years after taking a hiatus from performing live. The "Sweet Caroline" hitmaker performed at the BBC Radio Theatre in London on Saturday, October 30 as part of an upcoming TV special which will air on November 13.
And the singer admits he had big doubts about agreeing to document his concert comeback for TV - because it had been so long since his last show. He says, "I was scared... This was a live concert on BBC Radio, and, in two weeks, it goes live all over Britain. I hadn't performed in two years. You put your other hat on, you become a normal human being. So I was nervous."
But he quickly rediscovered the old Diamond magic, "The audience was right there and they made me feel like it was going to be OK. All the nerves went away."
- 'Game of Thrones' Showrunners Help Jimmy Kimmel Poke Fun at Hodor Twist
- Is Marriage on the Cards for Sandra Bullock and Boyfriend Bryan Randall?
- Chloe Grace Moretz Gets New Sweet Tattoo. See the Pic!
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' Star Frank Dillane Arrested Following Altercation With Security Guard
- Katherine Webb and NFL Star Husband AJ McCarron Welcome First Child
- George R. R. Martin Revealed Three Huge Twists to 'Game of Thrones' Producers. What Are They?
- Take a Look at Pink's Awkward Reaction When Her Celebrity Crush Johnny Depp Surprises Her
- Brad Pitt Saves Young Girl From Being Crushed by Excited Fans. See His Heroic Action!