Neil Diamond Suffered Stagefright Before Live Concert Comeback
Neil Diamond suffered crippling stagefright ahead of his U.K. concert comeback at the weekend - two years after taking a hiatus from performing live. The "Sweet Caroline" hitmaker performed at the BBC Radio Theatre in London on Saturday, October 30 as part of an upcoming TV special which will air on November 13.
And the singer admits he had big doubts about agreeing to document his concert comeback for TV - because it had been so long since his last show. He says, "I was scared... This was a live concert on BBC Radio, and, in two weeks, it goes live all over Britain. I hadn't performed in two years. You put your other hat on, you become a normal human being. So I was nervous."
But he quickly rediscovered the old Diamond magic, "The audience was right there and they made me feel like it was going to be OK. All the nerves went away."
- Despite Chipped Tooth and Skin Rash, Kim Kardashian Has Lots of Fun at Las Vegas Party
- Comic-Con: Brie Larson Officially Named Captain Marvel
- Comic-Con: 'The Vampire Diaries' Announced to End With Season 8. How Fans React?
- After Breaking Down on Stage, Selena Gomez Posts Cryptic Message on Instagram
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers