Neil Diamond Suffered Stagefright Before Live Concert Comeback
Neil Diamond suffered crippling stagefright ahead of his U.K. concert comeback at the weekend - two years after taking a hiatus from performing live. The "Sweet Caroline" hitmaker performed at the BBC Radio Theatre in London on Saturday, October 30 as part of an upcoming TV special which will air on November 13.
And the singer admits he had big doubts about agreeing to document his concert comeback for TV - because it had been so long since his last show. He says, "I was scared... This was a live concert on BBC Radio, and, in two weeks, it goes live all over Britain. I hadn't performed in two years. You put your other hat on, you become a normal human being. So I was nervous."
But he quickly rediscovered the old Diamond magic, "The audience was right there and they made me feel like it was going to be OK. All the nerves went away."
- Tyra Banks Accused of Abusing a Girl on 'America's Got Talent'
- Kanye West Is 'Humiliated' by Kim Kardashian's Deflated Butt
- Fergie Signs With BMG After Quitting Interscope
- Celine Dion, J.Lo, Mariah Carey and Backstreet Boys Will Not Cancel Vegas Shows Despite ISIS Threat
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Enjoy Night Out in Cannes
- Kourtney Kardashian and Younes Bendjima Enjoying 'Wild Sex' in Cannes
- Mariah Carey Is Slammed by Co-Star for Alleged 'Bananas' Behaviour on 'The House' Filming Set
- Super Junior's Kyuhyun Begins Mandatory Military Service