Neil Diamond Suffered Stagefright Before Live Concert Comeback
Neil Diamond suffered crippling stagefright ahead of his U.K. concert comeback at the weekend - two years after taking a hiatus from performing live. The "Sweet Caroline" hitmaker performed at the BBC Radio Theatre in London on Saturday, October 30 as part of an upcoming TV special which will air on November 13.
And the singer admits he had big doubts about agreeing to document his concert comeback for TV - because it had been so long since his last show. He says, "I was scared... This was a live concert on BBC Radio, and, in two weeks, it goes live all over Britain. I hadn't performed in two years. You put your other hat on, you become a normal human being. So I was nervous."
But he quickly rediscovered the old Diamond magic, "The audience was right there and they made me feel like it was going to be OK. All the nerves went away."
- Caitlyn Jenner to Become Mom Next Year as She's Banned From Meeting Baby Dream
- Rihanna Squashes Beyonce Grammys Feud Rumors: 'This Is Just Unnecessary!'
- Zac Efron Goes Shirtless in Teaser Trailer for 'Baywatch'
- 'Reign' Canceled by The CW After 4 Seasons
- It's Official! Joe Jonas and Sophie Turner Are Dating
- Are Britney Spears and Christina Aguilera Collaborating on New 'Glory' Remix?
- Sia Splits From Husband of Two Years, Erik Anders Lang
- Is Angelina Jolie Giving Brad Pitt a Second Chance?