Neil Diamond Suffered Stagefright Before Live Concert Comeback
Neil Diamond suffered crippling stagefright ahead of his U.K. concert comeback at the weekend - two years after taking a hiatus from performing live. The "Sweet Caroline" hitmaker performed at the BBC Radio Theatre in London on Saturday, October 30 as part of an upcoming TV special which will air on November 13.
And the singer admits he had big doubts about agreeing to document his concert comeback for TV - because it had been so long since his last show. He says, "I was scared... This was a live concert on BBC Radio, and, in two weeks, it goes live all over Britain. I hadn't performed in two years. You put your other hat on, you become a normal human being. So I was nervous."
But he quickly rediscovered the old Diamond magic, "The audience was right there and they made me feel like it was going to be OK. All the nerves went away."
- Jennifer Lawrence to Lead Zelda Fitzgerald Biopic
- Kim Kardashian's Family Shares Throwbacks and Birthday Wishes as She Turns 36
- Chris Pratt to Return to TV as Guest Star on His Wife Anna Faris' 'Mom'
- Katy Perry and Pharrell Williams Named Co-Chairs for 2017 Met Gala
- Shailene Woodley Writes Powerful Essay About Her Arrest During Pipeline Protest
- Is Jennifer Lawrence Dating Darren Aronofsky to Score Movie Roles?
- Selena Gomez's Mother Is NOT Fighting for a Conservatorship Despite Report
- Nicole Richie Is Livid Her Sister Sofia Richie Hangs Out With Her Ex-BFF Paris Hilton