Meryl Streep to Help Michael Bloomberg Honoring New Yorkers
Oscar-winning actress Meryl Streep is set to take to the stage with New York's Mayor Michael Bloomberg next week to host the politician's annual arts and culture prize-giving. The "Sophie's Choice" star will help present the trophies at the Mayor's Awards for Arts & Culture, which honor the achievements of artistic New Yorkers, at the Lincoln Center in Manhattan next Monday, November 8.
And Bloomberg admits he is extremely nervous about co-hosting the event with such an impressive star. He tells the New York Daily News, "She is one of the greatest actresses of our time, so I've got a lot of rehearsing to do before next Monday."
But Bloomberg admits that he and Streep are not the main attraction. "The awards give us a chance to recognize the achievements of some of the people who make extraordinary contributions to culture in the five boroughs and help keep the city a vibrant place for artists and audiences," he said.
- Taylor Kinney Gives Lady GaGa 'Ultimatum' as She's Still Undecided About Wedding Details
- Kim Kardashian Steals the Show at Scott Disick's Birthday Party With Her Barely-There Lace Dress
- Proud Papa Chris Brown Shares Cute Pictures of Royalty to Celebrate Her Birthday
- Amanda Holden Poses Naked for Charity. See the Racy Pic!
- Bruno Mars Is Readying a New Album for November
- Mariah Carey's Diva Antics: She Has Her Glam Team Work on Her While She Sleeps
- Kim Kardashian Kicks Kanye West Out of Their Bel Air House. Why?
- Watch Andrew Lincoln and Norman Reedus Envision Lighter 'Walking Dead' in NBC's Red Nose Day Special