Meryl Streep to Help Michael Bloomberg Honoring New Yorkers
Oscar-winning actress Meryl Streep is set to take to the stage with New York's Mayor Michael Bloomberg next week to host the politician's annual arts and culture prize-giving. The "Sophie's Choice" star will help present the trophies at the Mayor's Awards for Arts & Culture, which honor the achievements of artistic New Yorkers, at the Lincoln Center in Manhattan next Monday, November 8.
And Bloomberg admits he is extremely nervous about co-hosting the event with such an impressive star. He tells the New York Daily News, "She is one of the greatest actresses of our time, so I've got a lot of rehearsing to do before next Monday."
But Bloomberg admits that he and Streep are not the main attraction. "The awards give us a chance to recognize the achievements of some of the people who make extraordinary contributions to culture in the five boroughs and help keep the city a vibrant place for artists and audiences," he said.
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics
- Kanye West and Kim Kardashian Live Under Different Roofs After He's Released From Hospital