Meryl Streep to Help Michael Bloomberg Honoring New Yorkers
Oscar-winning actress Meryl Streep is set to take to the stage with New York's Mayor Michael Bloomberg next week to host the politician's annual arts and culture prize-giving. The "Sophie's Choice" star will help present the trophies at the Mayor's Awards for Arts & Culture, which honor the achievements of artistic New Yorkers, at the Lincoln Center in Manhattan next Monday, November 8.
And Bloomberg admits he is extremely nervous about co-hosting the event with such an impressive star. He tells the New York Daily News, "She is one of the greatest actresses of our time, so I've got a lot of rehearsing to do before next Monday."
But Bloomberg admits that he and Streep are not the main attraction. "The awards give us a chance to recognize the achievements of some of the people who make extraordinary contributions to culture in the five boroughs and help keep the city a vibrant place for artists and audiences," he said.
- Despite Chipped Tooth and Skin Rash, Kim Kardashian Has Lots of Fun at Las Vegas Party
- Comic-Con: Brie Larson Officially Named Captain Marvel
- Comic-Con: 'The Vampire Diaries' Announced to End With Season 8. How Fans React?
- After Breaking Down on Stage, Selena Gomez Posts Cryptic Message on Instagram
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers