Meryl Streep to Help Michael Bloomberg Honoring New Yorkers
Oscar-winning actress Meryl Streep is set to take to the stage with New York's Mayor Michael Bloomberg next week to host the politician's annual arts and culture prize-giving. The "Sophie's Choice" star will help present the trophies at the Mayor's Awards for Arts & Culture, which honor the achievements of artistic New Yorkers, at the Lincoln Center in Manhattan next Monday, November 8.
And Bloomberg admits he is extremely nervous about co-hosting the event with such an impressive star. He tells the New York Daily News, "She is one of the greatest actresses of our time, so I've got a lot of rehearsing to do before next Monday."
But Bloomberg admits that he and Streep are not the main attraction. "The awards give us a chance to recognize the achievements of some of the people who make extraordinary contributions to culture in the five boroughs and help keep the city a vibrant place for artists and audiences," he said.
More Meryl Streep News
- First Official Look at Emma Watson and Dan Stevens in 'Beauty and the Beast'
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Star Keegan Allen Tweets His Phone Number
- Armie Hammer Accidentally Reveals Sex of His Unborn Baby
- Kelly Osbourne Settles Lawsuit With Dad Ozzy's Mistress
- Donald Trump Has His Own Porn Video Despite Bashing Alicia Machado for Her Sex Tape
- 'Criminal Minds' Finds Thomas Gibson's Replacement, John Legend Lands 'Underground' Role
- Kim Kardashian Pays Tribute to Late Dad With Throwback Video on His Death Anniversary
- Colin Trevorrow Says 'Jurassic World 2' Will Have More Scares and Animatronic Dinosaurs