Meryl Streep to Help Michael Bloomberg Honoring New Yorkers
Oscar-winning actress Meryl Streep is set to take to the stage with New York's Mayor Michael Bloomberg next week to host the politician's annual arts and culture prize-giving. The "Sophie's Choice" star will help present the trophies at the Mayor's Awards for Arts & Culture, which honor the achievements of artistic New Yorkers, at the Lincoln Center in Manhattan next Monday, November 8.
And Bloomberg admits he is extremely nervous about co-hosting the event with such an impressive star. He tells the New York Daily News, "She is one of the greatest actresses of our time, so I've got a lot of rehearsing to do before next Monday."
But Bloomberg admits that he and Streep are not the main attraction. "The awards give us a chance to recognize the achievements of some of the people who make extraordinary contributions to culture in the five boroughs and help keep the city a vibrant place for artists and audiences," he said.
- Azealia Banks Unveils 'So Ghetto' Freestyle, RZA Sides With Russell Crowe After Record Deal Canceled
- Sofia Richie Blasts Tobey Maguire Romance Rumors
- Shailene Woodley Pleads Not Guilty in Pipeline Protest
- Kendall Jenner and Gigi Hadid Get Nose Jobs as Humanoid Pets
- Stephen Baldwin Not Fan of Alec Baldwin's Donald Trump Impersonation on 'SNL'
- Kanye West Rips Jay-Z in Shocking Rant: 'There Will Never Be a Watch the Throne 2'
- 'Logan' Introduces X-23 in Official Teaser Trailer
- Watch This Chilling Video of Kim Kardashian Paris Robbery!