Elton John Hopes to Set Up Memorabilia Museum
Elton John dreams of establishing a museum to display his private photography collection and personal memorabilia to the public. The "Rocket Man" has amassed a huge amount of artwork over the years, and stores it all in two massive warehouses in London, along with mementos from his long music career.
But he wants the British public to enjoy the items - and one day hopes to set up a museum where the collectibles can go on show. Sir Elton tells Britain's "The One Show", "I've got two (warehouses). They've got old stage costumes, sets pianos, all the memorabilia. It's quite a lot. I've got to decide what to do with that."
"I've always wanted to leave my photography collection to the nation - (husband) David (Furnish) and I probably have the largest private photography collection in the world, or one of them. There isn't a photography museum in England, there should be and I'd love to leave all the photographs to the nation and the memorabilia at the same time, so create a museum where you see my life."
"Instead of doing a biography or autobiography, you see my life through objects and you get to see the wonderful photographs I've collected over the years. I'd love to do that but you have to find a space and get it funded - it's one thing saying you'll do it but it's quite complicated."
More Elton John News
- Katherine Heigl and Josh Kelley Welcome Baby Boy - Find Out His Name
- Katie Holmes and Suri Cruise Have Mother-Daughter Date at Lakers Game
- Justin Bieber on Selena Gomez's Romance With The Weeknd: It's Only for Promotion
- Chris Brown and Rihanna May Start Hooking Up Again After Spotted Hanging Out Together
- Chris Pratt Shares Great Chemistry With Anna Faris in 'Mom' Sneak Peek
- Amber Rose Left Blushing After Beau Val Chmerkovkiy Kisses Her at NY Knicks Game
- What Bad Blood? Selena Gomez and Taylor Swift Reunite at Secret Meeting After Months Apart
- DJ Khaled May Be Working on New Music With Alicia Keys, Justin Bieber and Chance the Rapper