Elton John Hopes to Set Up Memorabilia Museum
Elton John dreams of establishing a museum to display his private photography collection and personal memorabilia to the public. The "Rocket Man" has amassed a huge amount of artwork over the years, and stores it all in two massive warehouses in London, along with mementos from his long music career.
But he wants the British public to enjoy the items - and one day hopes to set up a museum where the collectibles can go on show. Sir Elton tells Britain's "The One Show", "I've got two (warehouses). They've got old stage costumes, sets pianos, all the memorabilia. It's quite a lot. I've got to decide what to do with that."
"I've always wanted to leave my photography collection to the nation - (husband) David (Furnish) and I probably have the largest private photography collection in the world, or one of them. There isn't a photography museum in England, there should be and I'd love to leave all the photographs to the nation and the memorabilia at the same time, so create a museum where you see my life."
"Instead of doing a biography or autobiography, you see my life through objects and you get to see the wonderful photographs I've collected over the years. I'd love to do that but you have to find a space and get it funded - it's one thing saying you'll do it but it's quite complicated."
More Elton John News
- Taylor Kinney Gives Lady GaGa 'Ultimatum' as She's Still Undecided About Wedding Details
- Kim Kardashian Steals the Show at Scott Disick's Birthday Party With Her Barely-There Lace Dress
- Proud Papa Chris Brown Shares Cute Pictures of Royalty to Celebrate Her Birthday
- Amanda Holden Poses Naked for Charity. See the Racy Pic!
- Bruno Mars Is Readying a New Album for November
- Mariah Carey's Diva Antics: She Has Her Glam Team Work on Her While She Sleeps
- Kim Kardashian Kicks Kanye West Out of Their Bel Air House. Why?
- Watch Andrew Lincoln and Norman Reedus Envision Lighter 'Walking Dead' in NBC's Red Nose Day Special