Elton John Hopes to Set Up Memorabilia Museum
Elton John dreams of establishing a museum to display his private photography collection and personal memorabilia to the public. The "Rocket Man" has amassed a huge amount of artwork over the years, and stores it all in two massive warehouses in London, along with mementos from his long music career.
But he wants the British public to enjoy the items - and one day hopes to set up a museum where the collectibles can go on show. Sir Elton tells Britain's "The One Show", "I've got two (warehouses). They've got old stage costumes, sets pianos, all the memorabilia. It's quite a lot. I've got to decide what to do with that."
"I've always wanted to leave my photography collection to the nation - (husband) David (Furnish) and I probably have the largest private photography collection in the world, or one of them. There isn't a photography museum in England, there should be and I'd love to leave all the photographs to the nation and the memorabilia at the same time, so create a museum where you see my life."
"Instead of doing a biography or autobiography, you see my life through objects and you get to see the wonderful photographs I've collected over the years. I'd love to do that but you have to find a space and get it funded - it's one thing saying you'll do it but it's quite complicated."
More Elton John News
- James Corden, Rose Byrne, Daisy Ridley Tapped for Peter Rabbit Movie
- Tom Hanks Crashes Wedding Photo Shoot at Central Park
- Lil Wayne Officiated Same-Sex Wedding in Prison, Found Out Drake Slept With His Girlfriend
- Amy Schumer Snogs Ben Hanisch on Kiss Cam During Mets Game
- Oh Boy! Harry Styles Rocks Three Different Looks for Another Man Magazine
- Taylor Lautner Says Britney Spears Tried to Set Him Up With Her Sister Jamie Lynn
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Do Have a Pre-Nup. So, Who's the Big Winner?
- 'Thor: Ragnarok': 'Jurassic Park' Star Sam Neill Reveals His Secret Role