Dave Davies Slams Idea of The Kinks Reunion
Dave Davies has fueled his public feud with former bandmate and estranged brother Ray Davies - insisting he will never reunite with the rocker to reform The Kinks. Dave, who has a famously volatile relationship with Ray, has not worked with his brother since the band split in 1996.
He declined Ray's invitation to reunite for a tribute concert to late bandmate Pete Quaife in June this year, after the drummer died from kidney failure. Earlier this month, Ray sparked rumors a reunion was imminent, telling Sky News his brother was "coming round" to the idea of putting the band back together.
However, Dave has slammed the idea - insisting a reunion is out of the question because it would taint the band's legacy. He tells Britain's Daily Mail, "It would be a shame. You don't need to see silly old men in wheelchairs singing 'You Really Got Me'."
- Khloe Kardashian and Lamar Odom Reach Divorce Settlement
- Justin Bieber Throws His Mic and Walks Off Stage After Getting Booed in Manchester
- DJ Khaled and Fiancee Nicole Tuck Welcome Baby Boy
- Benedict Cumberbatch and Solange Knowles Set to Make 'SNL' Debut
- Britney Spears Almost Flashes Her Breasts During On-Stage Wardrobe Malfunction
- 'Jessica Jones' Season 2 Will Be Directed Entirely by Women
- Taylor Swift Sings Calvin Harris' Song During Her Return to Stage at Formula 1 Concert
- Miley Cyrus and Katy Perry Go Door to Door for Hillary Clinton at College Dorms