Dave Davies Slams Idea of The Kinks Reunion
Dave Davies has fueled his public feud with former bandmate and estranged brother Ray Davies - insisting he will never reunite with the rocker to reform The Kinks. Dave, who has a famously volatile relationship with Ray, has not worked with his brother since the band split in 1996.
He declined Ray's invitation to reunite for a tribute concert to late bandmate Pete Quaife in June this year, after the drummer died from kidney failure. Earlier this month, Ray sparked rumors a reunion was imminent, telling Sky News his brother was "coming round" to the idea of putting the band back together.
However, Dave has slammed the idea - insisting a reunion is out of the question because it would taint the band's legacy. He tells Britain's Daily Mail, "It would be a shame. You don't need to see silly old men in wheelchairs singing 'You Really Got Me'."
- 'True Blood' Alum Stephen Moyer Lands Lead Role on FOX's 'X-Men' Series Pilot
- Mariah Carey's Boobs Almost Spill Out of Her Plunging Dress at Vanity Fair's Oscars Party
- Selena Gomez and The Weeknd Go for a Date Night in Paris as Bella Hadid Parties Just Blocks Away
- Russell Crowe May Portray Cable in 'Deadpool 2'
- Keyshia Cole Punishes Cheating Boyfriend in 'You' Music Video Ft. Remy Ma and French Montana
- Vera Farmiga Set to Star as Millie Bobby Brown's On-Screen Mother in 'Godzilla 2'
- Lorde Teases Upcoming Music With Mysterious Ad
- 'The Voice' Season 12 Premiere: Gwen Stefani Returns as Coach and Wins the First Four-Way Battle