Dave Davies Slams Idea of The Kinks Reunion
Dave Davies has fueled his public feud with former bandmate and estranged brother Ray Davies - insisting he will never reunite with the rocker to reform The Kinks. Dave, who has a famously volatile relationship with Ray, has not worked with his brother since the band split in 1996.
He declined Ray's invitation to reunite for a tribute concert to late bandmate Pete Quaife in June this year, after the drummer died from kidney failure. Earlier this month, Ray sparked rumors a reunion was imminent, telling Sky News his brother was "coming round" to the idea of putting the band back together.
However, Dave has slammed the idea - insisting a reunion is out of the question because it would taint the band's legacy. He tells Britain's Daily Mail, "It would be a shame. You don't need to see silly old men in wheelchairs singing 'You Really Got Me'."
- 'DWTS' Pro Peta Murgatroyd and Maksim Chmerkovskiy Expecting First Child, but Something Upset Them
- Ben Affleck Gives Jennifer Garner 11-Carat Diamond Ahead of Their Anniversary - Is It True?
- Iggy Azalea Teases Collaboration With Zedd After Pushing Back Her Album's Release
- Kanye West Ready to Take Legal Action if Sex Tapes Leak
- Yikes! Kendall and Kylie Jenner Reportedly in 'Bizarre Love Triangle' With Scott Disick
- New 'Luke Cage' Set Photos Reveal Villain Diamondback
- Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson's Marriage Reportedly Crumbles. Here's the Truth
- Prince Hated the Idea of Appearing in a Music Video With Madonna