Bridget Hall Seeks to Dismiss DUI Case
Supermodel Bridget Hall is set to take on community service in her New York neighborhood. Her lawyer is in talks to strike a deal to have her drink driving case dismissed.
The catwalk beauty was stopped by officers as she drove through East Hampton, New York in the early hours of August 29 and arrested on suspicion of driving while intoxicated. She appeared in court to fight the charge on Thursday, October 28 and her lawyer, Salvatore Strazzullo, argued police did not have the right to pull her over.
He is now seeking a deal to have the charge dismissed if Hall talks to kids about the danger of drinking and driving, according to the New York Post. Strazzullo tells the newspaper, "My client would do anything to help out her new (neighborhood) and speak about drinking and driving."
Hall has previously denied being caught drunk behind the wheel of her car - insisting a breath-test machine used by cops was faulty. She recently told the Post, "I had been visiting a friend and was driving home late alone. I did not drink - I would never drink and drive, God forbid that I would ever hurt anybody. I respect the law. I was tired and that was it."
"The police pulled me over saying I had swerved, asked a few questions. They asked me to do the sobriety tests, which went fine. When he asked me to do the breathalyser, I was happy to do it because I'd not had one drink that night. I had nothing to hide. I was totally shocked when it registered positive. I couldn't believe it happened. I still can't."
The model is next due to appear in court on January 6, 2011.
- Pressed About Gay Cover-Up Rumor, Here's How Will Smith Reacts
- Bryan Singer Confirms 'Legion' Will 'Relate' to Future 'X-Men' Movies
- Demi Lovato's Reportedly Dating UFC's Luke Rockhold
- Do You Ever Find Group Chat Annoying? Kerry Washington Perfectly Portrays It in Fake Movie Trailer
- Ellie Goulding Releases 'Still Falling for You' Video From 'Bridget Jones's Baby'
- So, This Is Apparently Why Jennifer Lopez Broke Up With Casper Smart
- Helen Mirren in Talks to Join New 'Nutcracker' Movie, Sarah Paulson Eying a Role in 'Ocean's Eight'
- Young Thug's 'No, My Name Is Jeffery' Album Cover Sparks Hilarious Memes