Bullied, Susan Boyle Considered Suicide When Young
Singing sensation Susan Boyle was so "damaged" by vicious childhood bullies, she desperately wanted to take her life. Boyle, who shot to international fame on "Britain's Got Talent" last year, was teased and tormented by classmates while growing up in her native Scotland. And she admits the repeated verbal abuse made her suicidal.
She tells Britain's News of the World, "When I was 17 I did think about doing something nasty. It was all psychological. I was damaged. I had to get help from a professional. I also had to see a doctor who gave me treatment... In my case it was a small group of teenage girls that put me to that place. They're the worst kind. It can really hold you back and damage you. Mental bullying is the worst kind of bullying."
Now the singer is urging anyone victimized by bullies to reach out for professional help. She adds, "You mustn't be afraid to do that. It's not a sign of weakness. It gave me the confidence to fight back, knock on people's doors, audition and finally get what I wanted."
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival