Bullied, Susan Boyle Considered Suicide When Young
Singing sensation Susan Boyle was so "damaged" by vicious childhood bullies, she desperately wanted to take her life. Boyle, who shot to international fame on "Britain's Got Talent" last year, was teased and tormented by classmates while growing up in her native Scotland. And she admits the repeated verbal abuse made her suicidal.
She tells Britain's News of the World, "When I was 17 I did think about doing something nasty. It was all psychological. I was damaged. I had to get help from a professional. I also had to see a doctor who gave me treatment... In my case it was a small group of teenage girls that put me to that place. They're the worst kind. It can really hold you back and damage you. Mental bullying is the worst kind of bullying."
Now the singer is urging anyone victimized by bullies to reach out for professional help. She adds, "You mustn't be afraid to do that. It's not a sign of weakness. It gave me the confidence to fight back, knock on people's doors, audition and finally get what I wanted."
- Watch: Louis Tomlinson Performs 'Just Hold On' in Honor of His Late Mother
- Jennifer Lawrence Apologizes to Hawaiian People for Joking About Sacred Rocks
- Tim Miller Opens Up on Why He Left 'Deadpool 2'
- Donald Trump Clarifies 'Apprentice' Rumors, Insists He Will Devote 'Zero Time' to the Show
- Tom Holland Enrolled in High School Under Fake Name for 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen