Bullied, Susan Boyle Considered Suicide When Young
Singing sensation Susan Boyle was so "damaged" by vicious childhood bullies, she desperately wanted to take her life. Boyle, who shot to international fame on "Britain's Got Talent" last year, was teased and tormented by classmates while growing up in her native Scotland. And she admits the repeated verbal abuse made her suicidal.
She tells Britain's News of the World, "When I was 17 I did think about doing something nasty. It was all psychological. I was damaged. I had to get help from a professional. I also had to see a doctor who gave me treatment... In my case it was a small group of teenage girls that put me to that place. They're the worst kind. It can really hold you back and damage you. Mental bullying is the worst kind of bullying."
Now the singer is urging anyone victimized by bullies to reach out for professional help. She adds, "You mustn't be afraid to do that. It's not a sign of weakness. It gave me the confidence to fight back, knock on people's doors, audition and finally get what I wanted."
- 'Legends of Tomorrow' Actor Johnathon Schaech Wants to Be the Next Wolverine
- MTV VMAs 2016: Drake Presents Rihanna With Video Vanguard Award
- MTV VMAs 2016: Jimmy Fallon Appears Onstage as Ryan Lochte, Throws Major Shade at Him
- MTV VMAs 2016: Beyonce Leads Full List of Winners With Six Trophies
- MTV VMAs 2016: Future Performs 'F**k Up Some Commas', Nick Jonas Brings 'Bacon'
- MTV VMAs 2016: Beyonce Reenacts 'Lemonade' Visuals, Britney Spears Slays 'Make Me'
- MTV VMAs 2016: Alicia Keys Goes Make Up Free as She Honors MLK With a Poem
- MTV VMAs 2016: Kanye West Debuts 'Fade' Music Video, Talks About Taylor Swift in Speech