Bullied, Susan Boyle Considered Suicide When Young
Singing sensation Susan Boyle was so "damaged" by vicious childhood bullies, she desperately wanted to take her life. Boyle, who shot to international fame on "Britain's Got Talent" last year, was teased and tormented by classmates while growing up in her native Scotland. And she admits the repeated verbal abuse made her suicidal.
She tells Britain's News of the World, "When I was 17 I did think about doing something nasty. It was all psychological. I was damaged. I had to get help from a professional. I also had to see a doctor who gave me treatment... In my case it was a small group of teenage girls that put me to that place. They're the worst kind. It can really hold you back and damage you. Mental bullying is the worst kind of bullying."
Now the singer is urging anyone victimized by bullies to reach out for professional help. She adds, "You mustn't be afraid to do that. It's not a sign of weakness. It gave me the confidence to fight back, knock on people's doors, audition and finally get what I wanted."
- James Blunt Sings Touching New Song at Carrie Fisher and Debbie Reynolds' Memorial
- 'Orange Is the New Black' Star Samira Wiley Marries the Show's Writer Lauren Morelli
- 'Once Upon a Time' 6.15 Preview: Aladdin and Jasmine Meet Ariel in 'A Wondrous Place'
- Wishes Turn Into Nightmares in 'Wish Upon' New Trailer
- Sade Convinces Drake Not to Diss Kendrick Lamar Over a Track
- Selena Gomez Cheers on The Weeknd at Brazilian Concert
- 'Power Rangers' Future Installment May Feature Female Green Ranger
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss on the Ending: No One Can Get Happy Ending Without Some Struggle