Mariah Carey Got Pregnant After Following Celine Dion's Fertility Advice
Mariah Carey has new mum Celine Dion to thank for her pregnancy - she tried acupuncture to help her conceive after hearing the Canadian superstar rave about the treatment. After suffering a miscarriage in 2008, Carey started looking for fertility advice - and she found it in a most unlikely place.
The "Hero" singer tells Access Hollywood, "Celine was talking about acupuncture. I used to get acupuncture, and I had never thought (of it) with regards to the trying to conceive situation. I was (getting acupuncture), like, once a day at least. It was on a schedule, everything. For the first time in my life, I spent time in one place."
Carey admits the regular treatment helped her battle stress, and she's sure that helped her get pregnant. The star adds, "People who know me would be like, 'You scheduled acupuncture at a certain time every day? You stayed in one place?"
She also turned to hormone treatments to increase her fertility chances: "I put my body through like a whole kind of cleansing kind of situation and prepared. I had to be on progesterone. I did end up being on progesterone like every month to go through the cycles."
But the fertility methods led to news of the singer's pregnancy hitting the headlines before she knew she was with child. Carey explains, "It also bloats you, it also puts on weight. So then, everybody was like, 'Oh, the weight gain, she's definitely pregnant!'"
More Mariah Carey News
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal