Mariah Carey Got Pregnant After Following Celine Dion's Fertility Advice
Mariah Carey has new mum Celine Dion to thank for her pregnancy - she tried acupuncture to help her conceive after hearing the Canadian superstar rave about the treatment. After suffering a miscarriage in 2008, Carey started looking for fertility advice - and she found it in a most unlikely place.
The "Hero" singer tells Access Hollywood, "Celine was talking about acupuncture. I used to get acupuncture, and I had never thought (of it) with regards to the trying to conceive situation. I was (getting acupuncture), like, once a day at least. It was on a schedule, everything. For the first time in my life, I spent time in one place."
Carey admits the regular treatment helped her battle stress, and she's sure that helped her get pregnant. The star adds, "People who know me would be like, 'You scheduled acupuncture at a certain time every day? You stayed in one place?"
She also turned to hormone treatments to increase her fertility chances: "I put my body through like a whole kind of cleansing kind of situation and prepared. I had to be on progesterone. I did end up being on progesterone like every month to go through the cycles."
But the fertility methods led to news of the singer's pregnancy hitting the headlines before she knew she was with child. Carey explains, "It also bloats you, it also puts on weight. So then, everybody was like, 'Oh, the weight gain, she's definitely pregnant!'"
More Mariah Carey News
- These Jeffrey Dean Morgan-Jensen Ackles' Tweets Are Perfect 'Walking Dead'-'Supernatural' Crossover
- Is It Really Over? Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban Have Been Living Separately for Months
- Mariah Carey's Split From James Packer Could Ruin Her E! Reality Series
- 'Deadpool 2' Circling 'John Wick' Helmer David Leitch
- Here Are the Pricey Items Tyga Wants From Kylie as Birthday Gifts
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Girls Get Matching Rings and Tattoos to Mark the End of Filming
- Beyonce 'Never Genuinely Liked' Kim and That's Why Their Husbands' Feud Happens
- Jeremy Irons Reveals 'The Batman' Starts Filming Next Summer, Promises 'More of Alfred'