Mariah Carey Got Pregnant After Following Celine Dion's Fertility Advice
Mariah Carey has new mum Celine Dion to thank for her pregnancy - she tried acupuncture to help her conceive after hearing the Canadian superstar rave about the treatment. After suffering a miscarriage in 2008, Carey started looking for fertility advice - and she found it in a most unlikely place.
The "Hero" singer tells Access Hollywood, "Celine was talking about acupuncture. I used to get acupuncture, and I had never thought (of it) with regards to the trying to conceive situation. I was (getting acupuncture), like, once a day at least. It was on a schedule, everything. For the first time in my life, I spent time in one place."
Carey admits the regular treatment helped her battle stress, and she's sure that helped her get pregnant. The star adds, "People who know me would be like, 'You scheduled acupuncture at a certain time every day? You stayed in one place?"
She also turned to hormone treatments to increase her fertility chances: "I put my body through like a whole kind of cleansing kind of situation and prepared. I had to be on progesterone. I did end up being on progesterone like every month to go through the cycles."
But the fertility methods led to news of the singer's pregnancy hitting the headlines before she knew she was with child. Carey explains, "It also bloats you, it also puts on weight. So then, everybody was like, 'Oh, the weight gain, she's definitely pregnant!'"
More Mariah Carey News
- Pregnant Again! 'Teen Mom' Star Kailyn Lowry Reveals She Is Expecting Third Child
- Sophie Turner Holds Tight to Beau Joe Jonas on a Dinner Date in London
- Lady GaGa and Taylor Swift May Replace Beyonce at Coachella 2017
- Watch The Heffleys' Messy Road Trip in 'Diary of a Wimpy Kid: The Long Haul' First Teaser
- 'Nashville' Star Exits the Show After 'Devastating' Twist
- 'The Fate of the Furious': Dom Is Going to Kill Letty in New Trailer
- Kourtney Kardashian Is in 'Self-Destruct Mode' After Scott Disick Split
- Ex-Pussycat Doll Ashley Roberts 'Flirting' With Brooklyn Beckham at BRITs After-Party