Portia de Rossi Once Weighed Just 82 Pounds as Anorexia Took Over Her Life
Former "Ally McBeal" and "Arrested Development" star Portia de Rossi ate just 300 calories a day as an eating disorder took over her life. The actress, who is married to Ellen DeGeneres, has opened up about her battle with anorexia in her new book "Unbearable Lightness" - and she fought back tears as she talked frankly about her lowest period during a recent taped interview with Oprah Winfrey.
In the tearful chat, which will air in America on Monday, November 1, the Australia-born star reveals she once weighed just 82 pounds (37.1 kilograms). She says, "It wasn't that I was proud of it, but it was certainly a recognition for my self-control."
"I definitely had some pretty amazing willpower to get down to 82 pounds," the actress adds. "And that's what I was holding onto to. I didn't think about anything else."
More Portia de Rossi News
- Donnie Wahlberg, and Not Kim K., Sets Guiness World Record for Most Selfies in 3 Minutes
- Benedict Cumberbatch Channels Doctor Strange to Diagnose the Avengers in New Promo Clip
- Taylor Swift's Alleged Groping Photo Leaks Despite Sealed by Judge
- Nicole Richie Doesn't Regret Her Wild Past: I Was Just 'Being Me'
- Lady GaGa Makes a Japanese Bride Extra Happy With This Sweet Gesture. Watch It!
- 'Rogue One': Gareth Edwards Teases Ben Mendelsohn's 'Working Class' Character
- Laverne Cox Is a 'Bad B***h,' Slays Nicki Minaj's 'Roman's Revenge' in 'Lip Sync Battle' Clip
- Jack O'Connell to Star as Alexander McQueen in Biopic