Portia de Rossi Once Weighed Just 82 Pounds as Anorexia Took Over Her Life
Former "Ally McBeal" and "Arrested Development" star Portia de Rossi ate just 300 calories a day as an eating disorder took over her life. The actress, who is married to Ellen DeGeneres, has opened up about her battle with anorexia in her new book "Unbearable Lightness" - and she fought back tears as she talked frankly about her lowest period during a recent taped interview with Oprah Winfrey.
In the tearful chat, which will air in America on Monday, November 1, the Australia-born star reveals she once weighed just 82 pounds (37.1 kilograms). She says, "It wasn't that I was proud of it, but it was certainly a recognition for my self-control."
"I definitely had some pretty amazing willpower to get down to 82 pounds," the actress adds. "And that's what I was holding onto to. I didn't think about anything else."
More Portia de Rossi News
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie