Portia de Rossi Once Weighed Just 82 Pounds as Anorexia Took Over Her Life
Former "Ally McBeal" and "Arrested Development" star Portia de Rossi ate just 300 calories a day as an eating disorder took over her life. The actress, who is married to Ellen DeGeneres, has opened up about her battle with anorexia in her new book "Unbearable Lightness" - and she fought back tears as she talked frankly about her lowest period during a recent taped interview with Oprah Winfrey.
In the tearful chat, which will air in America on Monday, November 1, the Australia-born star reveals she once weighed just 82 pounds (37.1 kilograms). She says, "It wasn't that I was proud of it, but it was certainly a recognition for my self-control."
"I definitely had some pretty amazing willpower to get down to 82 pounds," the actress adds. "And that's what I was holding onto to. I didn't think about anything else."
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers
- 'The Bachelor' Star Chris Soules' Ex Whitney Bischoff Is Engaged Again
- Comic-Con: 'Scream Queens' Stars Share Details of Season 2, Colton Haynes' Cast in Mystery Role
- Dakota Johnson Channels 'Fifty Shades' Character in This Provocative Photo
- Celine Dion Slays Her Impressions of Rihanna, Cher and Sia on 'Tonight Show'