Portia de Rossi Once Weighed Just 82 Pounds as Anorexia Took Over Her Life
Former "Ally McBeal" and "Arrested Development" star Portia de Rossi ate just 300 calories a day as an eating disorder took over her life. The actress, who is married to Ellen DeGeneres, has opened up about her battle with anorexia in her new book "Unbearable Lightness" - and she fought back tears as she talked frankly about her lowest period during a recent taped interview with Oprah Winfrey.
In the tearful chat, which will air in America on Monday, November 1, the Australia-born star reveals she once weighed just 82 pounds (37.1 kilograms). She says, "It wasn't that I was proud of it, but it was certainly a recognition for my self-control."
"I definitely had some pretty amazing willpower to get down to 82 pounds," the actress adds. "And that's what I was holding onto to. I didn't think about anything else."
- Gavin Rossdale Follows Gwen Stefani's Lead, Joins 'The Voice UK' as New Judge
- Report: Ashton Kutcher and Mila Kunis Expecting Baby Boy
- Watch Benedict Cumberbatch's Full Performance With Pink Floyd's David Gilmour at London Concert
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Reportedly 'Living Separate Lives' Before Split
- What Breakup? Rob Kardashian Snapchats Blac Chyna's Belly Amid Baby Shower Drama
- 'NCIS' Showrunner Gary Glasberg Dies in His Sleep, the Show 'Will Not Be the Same Without Him'
- Idris Elba Teams Up With Pickpocket to Take on Terrorists in New 'The Take' Trailer
- Arrow Meets Supergirl in New Teaser of Upcoming Crossover