Portia de Rossi Once Weighed Just 82 Pounds as Anorexia Took Over Her Life
Former "Ally McBeal" and "Arrested Development" star Portia de Rossi ate just 300 calories a day as an eating disorder took over her life. The actress, who is married to Ellen DeGeneres, has opened up about her battle with anorexia in her new book "Unbearable Lightness" - and she fought back tears as she talked frankly about her lowest period during a recent taped interview with Oprah Winfrey.
In the tearful chat, which will air in America on Monday, November 1, the Australia-born star reveals she once weighed just 82 pounds (37.1 kilograms). She says, "It wasn't that I was proud of it, but it was certainly a recognition for my self-control."
"I definitely had some pretty amazing willpower to get down to 82 pounds," the actress adds. "And that's what I was holding onto to. I didn't think about anything else."
More Portia de Rossi News
- Oscar Accountants Issue an Apology Over Best Picture Blunder
- Halle Berry Rocks Big Curly Locks at the Academy Awards
- 'Batman v Superman', 'Hillary's America' Are Top Losers at Razzie Awards
- Nicole Kidman Passionately Kisses Keith Urban as He Naughtily Grabs Her Bum on Oscars' Red Carpet
- 'The Walking Dead' 7.12 Sneak Peeks: More Guns, More People, More Time
- President Donald Trump to Skip White House Correspondents' Dinner Following Tension With Press
- 'Cars 3' New Extended Teaser Introduces the Next Generation of Racers
- Lea Michele Gets Naked in Bed With a Guy Before Oscars