Will Ferrell Pays Tribute to Celine Dion With 'Power of Love' Rendition
Funnyman Will Ferrell gave U.S. TV audiences a late night laugh on Thursday, October 28, with a surprise musical tribute to Celine Dion. The "Anchorman" star appeared on the "Late Show with David Letterman" and insisted he is good pals with the diva, who has been hiatus from her Las Vegas residency to prepare for the birth of her twin baby boys last Saturday, October 23.
And Ferrell revealed he'd been anxiously rehearsing Dion's hits to fill in for the star as she takes a break to focus on family. He told the talk show host, "My good friend Celine Dion is currently taking a leave of absence from her show because she just had twins. She's on hiatus... so I'm taking over her show in Vegas. I'm scared beyond belief. I'm not familiar with the material. I'm workshopping things. I would love to perform something."
Ferrell then took the stage to perform Dion's "The Power of Love" with a drummer and harpist, standing in front of a glittering banner baring her name, as the studio audience laughed and cheered.
More Will Ferrell News
- Bye 'KUWTK'! Kim Kardashian Is Focusing on Her New Show 'Glam Masters'
- Report: Kourtney Kardashian and Younes Bendjima Are Getting Serious
- Selena Gomez and The Weeknd Are Spotted on Movie Date in Chicago
- Mac Miller Wants to Cancel His Tour to Be by Ariana Grande's Side After Concert Bombing
- 'Star Wars: The Last Jedi' New Vanity Fair Covers Offer New Look at Cast Members
- Jennifer Lopez Shares Sweet Picture With Alex Rodriguez, Dubs Him Her Man Crush
- Jimmy Kimmel Predicts Rachel Lindsay's 'The Bachelorette' Final 3
- Rain and Kim Tae Hee Are Expecting Their First Child