Will Ferrell Pays Tribute to Celine Dion With 'Power of Love' Rendition
Funnyman Will Ferrell gave U.S. TV audiences a late night laugh on Thursday, October 28, with a surprise musical tribute to Celine Dion. The "Anchorman" star appeared on the "Late Show with David Letterman" and insisted he is good pals with the diva, who has been hiatus from her Las Vegas residency to prepare for the birth of her twin baby boys last Saturday, October 23.
And Ferrell revealed he'd been anxiously rehearsing Dion's hits to fill in for the star as she takes a break to focus on family. He told the talk show host, "My good friend Celine Dion is currently taking a leave of absence from her show because she just had twins. She's on hiatus... so I'm taking over her show in Vegas. I'm scared beyond belief. I'm not familiar with the material. I'm workshopping things. I would love to perform something."
Ferrell then took the stage to perform Dion's "The Power of Love" with a drummer and harpist, standing in front of a glittering banner baring her name, as the studio audience laughed and cheered.
More Will Ferrell News
- Emma Roberts and Ex Evan Peters Spark Reconciliation Rumors After Spotted Together
- Taylor Swift NOT Hooking Up With Todrick Hall
- Katy Perry Unveils Three 'Rise' Remixes
- New 'Empire' Season 3 Trailer Gives First Look at Mariah Carey's Kitty
- New 'Thor: Ragnarok' Set Pics Reveal Thor and Loki's Costume and Tease a Mystery Character
- Cara Delevingne Goes Bottomless to Raise Awareness for Cancer. See the Racy Snap
- Kim and Kourtney Throw Pampering Session for Khloe Kardashian Following Her Second Divorce Filing
- Listen to The Weeknd and Cashmere Cat's 'Wild Love' Collab