Will Ferrell Pays Tribute to Celine Dion With 'Power of Love' Rendition
Funnyman Will Ferrell gave U.S. TV audiences a late night laugh on Thursday, October 28, with a surprise musical tribute to Celine Dion. The "Anchorman" star appeared on the "Late Show with David Letterman" and insisted he is good pals with the diva, who has been hiatus from her Las Vegas residency to prepare for the birth of her twin baby boys last Saturday, October 23.
And Ferrell revealed he'd been anxiously rehearsing Dion's hits to fill in for the star as she takes a break to focus on family. He told the talk show host, "My good friend Celine Dion is currently taking a leave of absence from her show because she just had twins. She's on hiatus... so I'm taking over her show in Vegas. I'm scared beyond belief. I'm not familiar with the material. I'm workshopping things. I would love to perform something."
Ferrell then took the stage to perform Dion's "The Power of Love" with a drummer and harpist, standing in front of a glittering banner baring her name, as the studio audience laughed and cheered.
More Will Ferrell News
- Rob Kardashian Crushing on His Own Sister Kim When He Was Young
- Zack Snyder Hints at Deathstroke's Cameo in 'Justice League'
- Kim Kardashian Ditches Panties in Jaw-Dropping Look at Paris Fashion Week
- Britney Spears Feels Great in Her 30s Because Her 20s Were 'Horrible'
- Listen to Niall Horan's First Solo Single 'This Town' Here!
- Kim Kardashian Is Sick of Taylor Swift Question: 'I'm So Over It'
- Luke Cage's Leading Lady Misty Knight Confirmed to Return on 'The Defenders'
- Don't Call Zayn Malik 'Celebrity' Because He Loathes It!