Will Ferrell Pays Tribute to Celine Dion With 'Power of Love' Rendition
Funnyman Will Ferrell gave U.S. TV audiences a late night laugh on Thursday, October 28, with a surprise musical tribute to Celine Dion. The "Anchorman" star appeared on the "Late Show with David Letterman" and insisted he is good pals with the diva, who has been hiatus from her Las Vegas residency to prepare for the birth of her twin baby boys last Saturday, October 23.
And Ferrell revealed he'd been anxiously rehearsing Dion's hits to fill in for the star as she takes a break to focus on family. He told the talk show host, "My good friend Celine Dion is currently taking a leave of absence from her show because she just had twins. She's on hiatus... so I'm taking over her show in Vegas. I'm scared beyond belief. I'm not familiar with the material. I'm workshopping things. I would love to perform something."
Ferrell then took the stage to perform Dion's "The Power of Love" with a drummer and harpist, standing in front of a glittering banner baring her name, as the studio audience laughed and cheered.
More Will Ferrell News
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding