Randy Quaid: We Are Not Crazy
Randy Quaid has spoken out to address his recent arrest and legal woes, insisting he and his wife Evi are not "crazy". The actor and his wife were released from custody in Vancouver, Canada on Wednesday, October 27, where they were being held on a California warrant issued after they failed to show up for an arraignment earlier this month to face felony vandalism charges.
But speaking to reporters after a brief immigration hearing on Thursday, the "Brokeback Mountain" star maintained his innocence. He told reporters, "Up until a year ago, Evi and I had never had any run-in with the law whatsoever. We are not criminals, nor are we fugitives from justice, nor are we crazy. We are simply artists and film-makers being racketeered on."
The pair, who landed in trouble after allegedly squatting in a Montecito home they once owned, have requested asylum in Canada over fears they will be murdered for their money. Quaid's hearing is scheduled to resume on November 8, according to Reuters.
- Wendy Williams Skeptical of Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston's Romance, Calling Him 'an Opportunist'
- Chloe Moretz Blasts 'Hateful' Twitter Trolls
- Watch Justin Bieber's Acoustic Cover of Taylor Swift's 'I Knew You Were Trouble'
- Caitlyn Jenner Was 'Disgusted' by Bruce's 'Greek God Kind of Body'
- 'American Horror Story' Reveals This Mysterious Logo of Season 6
- Rob Kardashian's Threat Is Apparently Why Blac Chyna Got Invited to Khloe's Birthday Party
- Kylie Jenner Is Getting Fancy New Car. Another Gift From Tyga?
- Fifth Harmony's Camila Cabello Goes Solo Again for Charity Song 'Power in Me'