Randy Quaid: We Are Not Crazy
Randy Quaid has spoken out to address his recent arrest and legal woes, insisting he and his wife Evi are not "crazy". The actor and his wife were released from custody in Vancouver, Canada on Wednesday, October 27, where they were being held on a California warrant issued after they failed to show up for an arraignment earlier this month to face felony vandalism charges.
But speaking to reporters after a brief immigration hearing on Thursday, the "Brokeback Mountain" star maintained his innocence. He told reporters, "Up until a year ago, Evi and I had never had any run-in with the law whatsoever. We are not criminals, nor are we fugitives from justice, nor are we crazy. We are simply artists and film-makers being racketeered on."
The pair, who landed in trouble after allegedly squatting in a Montecito home they once owned, have requested asylum in Canada over fears they will be murdered for their money. Quaid's hearing is scheduled to resume on November 8, according to Reuters.
- 'Game of Thrones' Showrunners Help Jimmy Kimmel Poke Fun at Hodor Twist
- Is Marriage on the Cards for Sandra Bullock and Boyfriend Bryan Randall?
- Chloe Grace Moretz Gets New Sweet Tattoo. See the Pic!
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' Star Frank Dillane Arrested Following Altercation With Security Guard
- Katherine Webb and NFL Star Husband AJ McCarron Welcome First Child
- George R. R. Martin Revealed Three Huge Twists to 'Game of Thrones' Producers. What Are They?
- Take a Look at Pink's Awkward Reaction When Her Celebrity Crush Johnny Depp Surprises Her
- Brad Pitt Saves Young Girl From Being Crushed by Excited Fans. See His Heroic Action!