Randy Quaid: We Are Not Crazy
Randy Quaid has spoken out to address his recent arrest and legal woes, insisting he and his wife Evi are not "crazy". The actor and his wife were released from custody in Vancouver, Canada on Wednesday, October 27, where they were being held on a California warrant issued after they failed to show up for an arraignment earlier this month to face felony vandalism charges.
But speaking to reporters after a brief immigration hearing on Thursday, the "Brokeback Mountain" star maintained his innocence. He told reporters, "Up until a year ago, Evi and I had never had any run-in with the law whatsoever. We are not criminals, nor are we fugitives from justice, nor are we crazy. We are simply artists and film-makers being racketeered on."
The pair, who landed in trouble after allegedly squatting in a Montecito home they once owned, have requested asylum in Canada over fears they will be murdered for their money. Quaid's hearing is scheduled to resume on November 8, according to Reuters.
- Tom Hiddleston's Instagram Gets Hacked
- P. Diddy Squashes Breakup Rumors With a Super Sweet Birthday Message for Cassie
- Does 'American Horror Story' Reveal the Murder Weapon in This New Season 6 Teaser?
- Taylor Swift Sports Bigger Breasts in Tight Crop-Top. Did She Really Get a Boob Job?
- Get Your First Glimpse of Tom Hardy in Christopher Nolan's WWII Film 'Dunkirk'
- Miley Cyrus Sports New Gold Band on Ring Finger. Is She Secretly Married to Liam Hemsworth?
- Jennifer Lopez Posts Cryptic Message After Breakup as Casper Smart Is Reportedly Still in Denial
- Is Britney Spears' 'Glory' Track 'Liar' About Ex Justin Timberlake?