Randy Quaid: We Are Not Crazy
Randy Quaid has spoken out to address his recent arrest and legal woes, insisting he and his wife Evi are not "crazy". The actor and his wife were released from custody in Vancouver, Canada on Wednesday, October 27, where they were being held on a California warrant issued after they failed to show up for an arraignment earlier this month to face felony vandalism charges.
But speaking to reporters after a brief immigration hearing on Thursday, the "Brokeback Mountain" star maintained his innocence. He told reporters, "Up until a year ago, Evi and I had never had any run-in with the law whatsoever. We are not criminals, nor are we fugitives from justice, nor are we crazy. We are simply artists and film-makers being racketeered on."
The pair, who landed in trouble after allegedly squatting in a Montecito home they once owned, have requested asylum in Canada over fears they will be murdered for their money. Quaid's hearing is scheduled to resume on November 8, according to Reuters.
- Report: Blake Shelon Is Hiding Shameful Family Secrets From Gwen Stefani
- Kim Kardashian Hits Back at Haters Over Her Unretouched Bikini Photos
- Are J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Readying New Show Together?
- La La Vazquez Parties at NYC Strip Club After Ditching Kim Kardashian's Mexican Getaway
- Paris Jackson Flashes Nipples as She Goes Braless in Skimpy Outfit
- La La Vazquez Is Too Heartbroken to Join Kim Kardashian's Vacation in Mexico
- Harry Styles Makes a Mysterious Response to His Han Solo Casting Rumors
- G-Dragon and Sulli's Recent Instagram Posts Fuel Dating Speculation