Randy Quaid: We Are Not Crazy
Randy Quaid has spoken out to address his recent arrest and legal woes, insisting he and his wife Evi are not "crazy". The actor and his wife were released from custody in Vancouver, Canada on Wednesday, October 27, where they were being held on a California warrant issued after they failed to show up for an arraignment earlier this month to face felony vandalism charges.
But speaking to reporters after a brief immigration hearing on Thursday, the "Brokeback Mountain" star maintained his innocence. He told reporters, "Up until a year ago, Evi and I had never had any run-in with the law whatsoever. We are not criminals, nor are we fugitives from justice, nor are we crazy. We are simply artists and film-makers being racketeered on."
The pair, who landed in trouble after allegedly squatting in a Montecito home they once owned, have requested asylum in Canada over fears they will be murdered for their money. Quaid's hearing is scheduled to resume on November 8, according to Reuters.
- 'Game of Thrones' Set Pics: Look Who's Also Back for Season 7!
- Are They Really Dating? Drake Already Introduces Taylor Swift to His Mom
- Ouch, It Looks Painful! Hugh Jackman Suffers Gunshot Wounds in New 'Logan' Image
- Jasmine Tookes to Rock Victoria's Secret New Fantasy Bra. See and Get Details of the $3M Lingerie!
- J.J. Abrams' 'God Particle' Is Reportedly the Next 'Cloverfield' Movie
- Is This What Tom Hiddleston Thinks of Taylor Swift Getting Close With Drake?
- 'Sherlock' Season 4 Gets Premiere Date. Mark Your Calendar!
- Gavin Rossdale Signs Publishing Deal With Roc Nation