Marilyn Manson's Grey Daisy Painting Up for Auction
Marilyn Manson fans can buy a piece of the shock rocker's original artwork this Halloween - his famed Grey Daisy painting is set for auction. The watercolor painting, one of his most documented and widely-recognized artworks, is set to be sold at The Gods 'n Metal Monsters Auction, which will showcase over 500 rare pieces of rock memorabilia.
It was originally unveiled and sold to a private collector at the rocker's very first art exhibit in 2002, called The Golden Age of Grotesque. Manson previously called the painting his only "nice" artwork, telling MTV News: "Someone said, 'Why don't you ever paint something nice like a flower?' so I painted one, but I ended up using only the dirty water from another painting. If I wasn't me, I would probably want this one."
Manson's art has proved popular among private collectors and celebrities. His Harlequin Jack and the Absinthe Bunny was purchased by Jack Osbourne and Red Hot Chili Peppers' bassist Flea picked up Elizabeth Short as Snow Whit at the 2002 exhibit.
The Grey Daisy auction, held online at BackStageAuctions.com, will run through November 7.
- 'Logan' Producer Hints at X-23 Solo Movie
- Jamie Foxx Called 'Disrespectful' by Nyle DiMarco for Making Up Sign Language on 'Fallon'
- John Boyega Play in London Cut Short Due to Bomb Threat
- Joseph Duggar Engaged to Kendra Caldwell at His Sister Joy-Anna's Wedding
- Gregg Allman Dies After Battle With Liver Cancer, Ex-Wife Cher Mourns Him
- Watch a Preview of Halsey and Lauren Jauregui's 'Strangers' Video
- Beyonce Channels Michael Jackson in Throwback Photos
- Blac Chyna Licks Christina Milian's Boob in NSFW Pic