Billy Ray Cyrus Asks for Prayers After Filing for Divorce
Billy Ray Cyrus has filed for joint custody of teen pop superstar Miley Cyrus and her siblings after signing off on his 17-year marriage to estranged wife Leticia "Tish" Cyrus. The "Achy Breaky Heart" hitmaker filed for divorce in Tennessee on Tuesday, October 26, citing irreconcilable differences and he's determined not to be cut out of his kids' lives.
In court papers, Cyrus has asked to "share the care, custody and control" of Miley, 17, Braison, 16, and Noah, 10. The couple also has three adult children from previous relationships.
Cyrus took to his Twitter account shortly after filing the papers and quoted bible scripture. He wrote, "Can I ask for your prayers this morning for my children... our troops... the hungry... the sick... the homeless. AMEN."
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers
- 'The Bachelor' Star Chris Soules' Ex Whitney Bischoff Is Engaged Again
- Comic-Con: 'Scream Queens' Stars Share Details of Season 2, Colton Haynes' Cast in Mystery Role
- Dakota Johnson Channels 'Fifty Shades' Character in This Provocative Photo
- Celine Dion Slays Her Impressions of Rihanna, Cher and Sia on 'Tonight Show'