Billy Ray Cyrus Asks for Prayers After Filing for Divorce
Billy Ray Cyrus has filed for joint custody of teen pop superstar Miley Cyrus and her siblings after signing off on his 17-year marriage to estranged wife Leticia "Tish" Cyrus. The "Achy Breaky Heart" hitmaker filed for divorce in Tennessee on Tuesday, October 26, citing irreconcilable differences and he's determined not to be cut out of his kids' lives.
In court papers, Cyrus has asked to "share the care, custody and control" of Miley, 17, Braison, 16, and Noah, 10. The couple also has three adult children from previous relationships.
Cyrus took to his Twitter account shortly after filing the papers and quoted bible scripture. He wrote, "Can I ask for your prayers this morning for my children... our troops... the hungry... the sick... the homeless. AMEN."
More Billy Ray Cyrus News
- John Mayer Admits New Single 'Still Feel Like Your Man' Is About Katy Perry
- Selena Gomez Gets Teased About Her Love for Canadian Guys. See Her Reaction
- Is Amber Rose Into a Woman Now? Model Sparks Rumors She's Hooking Up With Teyana Taylor
- Iggy Azalea's Brand New Single 'Mo Bounce' Released in Full
- Possible Leaked Concept Art of 'Deadpool 2' Features Brad Pitt as Cable
- Migos Channels Inner Rock Stars in 'What the Price' Music Video
- Adele Pays Emotional Tribute to London Terror Victims During Her Concert in New Zealand
- 'The Bachelorette' Six New Suitors Strip Down During Group Date on 'Ellen Show'