Mariah Carey Took Pregnancy Test to Prove Rumors Were Wrong
Mariah Carey only found out she was pregnant when she took a test to prove to gossips she wasn't expecting. The R&B superstar went public with the happy news in a series of TV chats on Thursday morning, October 28 and told "Access Hollywood Live" she only took a test because she and husband Nick Cannon were sick of reports she was with child earlier this year.
Carey explains, "They kept saying, 'Oh, she's pregnant,' and we were like, 'Ha ha, yeah, whatever,' so we took the test and it was positive." The singer then swore her husband to secrecy, "Only one other person knew about this and we were like, 'Let's not tell anybody else'."
When confirming the happy news, Carey says, "It's been a long journey, but it's been tough because I've been trying to have... to hold onto a shred of privacy. And that was not easy. It's still early, I'm expecting in the spring, I'll say that. I don't want to give too much of like, specific outlines."
More Mariah Carey News
- You Won't Believe How Much Mila Kunis Spent on Her Wedding Ring
- Matt Damon Fights Monsters in Epic Trailer for 'The Great Wall'
- 'Sesame Street' Fires Three Longtime Cast Members
- Find Out Which Joe Jonas' Famous Exes He Would Like to 'Shag, Marry and Kill'
- Cameron Diaz and Benji Madden's Baby Struggles Reportedly Cause Marriage Problems
- Andrew Garfield Is World War II Hero in First 'Hacksaw Ridge' Trailer
- 'Scream Queens' Adds Jerry O'Connell in Mystery Role
- Troian Bellisario Has Harsh Words for Both Kim Kardashian and Taylor Swift