Mariah Carey Took Pregnancy Test to Prove Rumors Were Wrong
Mariah Carey only found out she was pregnant when she took a test to prove to gossips she wasn't expecting. The R&B superstar went public with the happy news in a series of TV chats on Thursday morning, October 28 and told "Access Hollywood Live" she only took a test because she and husband Nick Cannon were sick of reports she was with child earlier this year.
Carey explains, "They kept saying, 'Oh, she's pregnant,' and we were like, 'Ha ha, yeah, whatever,' so we took the test and it was positive." The singer then swore her husband to secrecy, "Only one other person knew about this and we were like, 'Let's not tell anybody else'."
When confirming the happy news, Carey says, "It's been a long journey, but it's been tough because I've been trying to have... to hold onto a shred of privacy. And that was not easy. It's still early, I'm expecting in the spring, I'll say that. I don't want to give too much of like, specific outlines."
More Mariah Carey News
- First Official Look at Emma Watson and Dan Stevens in 'Beauty and the Beast'
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Star Keegan Allen Tweets His Phone Number
- Armie Hammer Accidentally Reveals Sex of His Unborn Baby
- Kelly Osbourne Settles Lawsuit With Dad Ozzy's Mistress
- Donald Trump Has His Own Porn Video Despite Bashing Alicia Machado for Her Sex Tape
- 'Criminal Minds' Finds Thomas Gibson's Replacement, John Legend Lands 'Underground' Role
- Kim Kardashian Pays Tribute to Late Dad With Throwback Video on His Death Anniversary
- Colin Trevorrow Says 'Jurassic World 2' Will Have More Scares and Animatronic Dinosaurs