Mariah Carey Took Pregnancy Test to Prove Rumors Were Wrong
Mariah Carey only found out she was pregnant when she took a test to prove to gossips she wasn't expecting. The R&B superstar went public with the happy news in a series of TV chats on Thursday morning, October 28 and told "Access Hollywood Live" she only took a test because she and husband Nick Cannon were sick of reports she was with child earlier this year.
Carey explains, "They kept saying, 'Oh, she's pregnant,' and we were like, 'Ha ha, yeah, whatever,' so we took the test and it was positive." The singer then swore her husband to secrecy, "Only one other person knew about this and we were like, 'Let's not tell anybody else'."
When confirming the happy news, Carey says, "It's been a long journey, but it's been tough because I've been trying to have... to hold onto a shred of privacy. And that was not easy. It's still early, I'm expecting in the spring, I'll say that. I don't want to give too much of like, specific outlines."
More Mariah Carey News
- 'Outlander' Casts David Berry in Pivotal Role of Lord John Grey
- 'Zombieland 2' Still Happening With Original's Scribes on Board
- Kim Kardashian Reportedly Furious Over Blac Chyna's Naked Photos for Paper Magazine
- Stephen Colbert Takes on Anthony Weiner's Sexting Scandal, Spoofs Beyonce's VMA Performance
- The Homeless Guy Accepting Miley Cyrus' Moonman at 2014 VMAs Is Selling the Trophy
- Beyonce's Daughter Blue Ivy Wears a $11,000 Dress to the VMAs Because of Course She Does
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Reportedly Eyes Liam Garrigan to Portray King Arthur
- No, It's Not Britney! Kourtney Kardashian Plays With Huge Snake in This Cringe-Inducing Picture