PETA Would Pay Lindsay Lohan if She Turns Vegan
Officials at People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) have offered to help cash-strapped Lindsay Lohan pay for her rehab treatment if she eats a vegan diet for the remainder of her stay. The "Mean Girls" star has been in and out of jail and rehab this year and is currently serving a three-month stint at California's Betty Ford Clinic after failing two court-ordered drug tests.
Lohan's recent probation report stated the actress fears she will be unable to pay the $53,000 fees for her rehab stay because she "can not afford" it. PETA executives have now reached out to Lohan and offered a solution to her financial problem - they will give her $10,000 if she cuts animal products from her diet until she is released from rehab in January.
They have also promised her another $10,000 if she remains a vegan for a year afterwards. PETA President Ingrid Newkirk tells the Los Angeles Times, "Lindsay Lohan is the most visible example of a real addict, and if she can conquer her addiction to meat and cheese, absolutely anyone can. If she does, she'll not only save animals but save her own health, and she'll be an example to the millions of people who watch her every step."
More Lindsay Lohan News
- Watch Ariana Grande and Bruno Mars Perform at Star-Studded We Can Survive Concert
- Kim Kardashian Angry at Beyonce for Not Reaching Out to Her After Paris Robbery
- Kim Zolciak Criticized for Posting Inappropriate Photo of 2-Year-Old Daughter Kaia
- New 'Game of Thrones' Photos Confirm the Highly Anticipated Meet-Up
- Pregnant Janet Jackson Steps Out in Full Islamic Dress
- Charlie Puth Cancels the Rest of His Tour Dates Because He's 'Extremely Sick'
- Chris Hemsworth Shoots Down Split Reports With Cheeky Instagram Post
- Kim Kardashian Said She Could 'Handle' Social Media Days Before She Got Robbed