Kid Rock Calls Steven Tyler's Move to Be 'Idol' Judge 'Stupid'
Kid Rock has aimed a furious rant at Aerosmith frontman Steven Tyler over his "stupid" new job as an "American Idol" judge - accusing the singer of destroying the "sacred American institution of rock and roll".
The rocker recently joined the panel of the hit TV talent show along with Jennifer Lopez, following the departure of Simon Cowell, Ellen DeGeneres and Kara DioGuardi. But Rock is fuming about Tyler's decision to sign up for the reality series, insisting the star is making a massive mistake.
He tells Entertainment Weekly, "I think it's the stupidest thing he's ever done in his life. He's a sacred American institution of rock and roll, and he just threw it all out the window. Just stomped on it and set it on fire."
"I think whoever's advising him... we should bring back the guillotine, or whatever they call that thing. And if it was himself, he needs some serious counsellings. I love him to death, but I gotta speak the truth."
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen
- Kanye West Sports Wedding Ring While Riding BMX Amid Kim Kardashian Divorce Rumors
- Watch Hailee Steinfeld, Fifth Harmony and More Perform at the 2016 Billboard Women in Music
- Reese Witherspoon Teams Up With Nick Kroll for EDM Rendition of 'Shake It Off'
- 'Puff the Magic Dragon' Gets Live-Action/Animated Hybrid Movie
- Mila Kunis Shows Impressive Post-Baby Body After Giving Birth to Son Dimitri