Kid Rock Calls Steven Tyler's Move to Be 'Idol' Judge 'Stupid'
Kid Rock has aimed a furious rant at Aerosmith frontman Steven Tyler over his "stupid" new job as an "American Idol" judge - accusing the singer of destroying the "sacred American institution of rock and roll".
The rocker recently joined the panel of the hit TV talent show along with Jennifer Lopez, following the departure of Simon Cowell, Ellen DeGeneres and Kara DioGuardi. But Rock is fuming about Tyler's decision to sign up for the reality series, insisting the star is making a massive mistake.
He tells Entertainment Weekly, "I think it's the stupidest thing he's ever done in his life. He's a sacred American institution of rock and roll, and he just threw it all out the window. Just stomped on it and set it on fire."
"I think whoever's advising him... we should bring back the guillotine, or whatever they call that thing. And if it was himself, he needs some serious counsellings. I love him to death, but I gotta speak the truth."
More Kid Rock News
- Rihanna Is Queen of the Universe in 'Sledgehammer' Music Video
- Lady GaGa Responds to Dalai Lama Controversy
- Idris Elba, Michael B. Jordan, John Boyega Join Academy After OscarsSoWhite Backlash
- Louis Tomlinson Files for Joint Custody of His Son With Briana Jungwirth
- Iggy Azalea Addresses Nick Young Baby Rumor, Reveals She Caught Him Cheating on Camera
- 'Ghostbusters' Cast Show Off the New Gadgets in Latest Featurette
- HBO Officially Confirms Jon Snow's True Parentage With This 'Game of Thrones' Infographic
- New 'Star Trek Beyond' Character Poster Shows Jaylah on Cap's Chair